Windows 10: Cant get macrium to work for system image

Discus and support Cant get macrium to work for system image in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; So I put on MF to use to do a system image backup do to Win 10 getting rid of the built in system in image function . I have gotten to the point where... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by vipergg, Nov 28, 2020.

1. vipergg Win User

Cant get macrium to work for system image

So I put on MF to use to do a system image backup do to Win 10 getting rid of the built in system in image function . I have gotten to the point where it loads the program but when that gets loaded I have no keyboard or mouse function . It is a logitech keyboard and a third party lighted mouse which works great under Win 10 . It appears whatever it is is that it is shutting off the USB ports because devices doesnt even have lights on them when this happens . It is a older device and think all ports are USB 2 . If I cant figure this out I may have to stay on version 2004 and just use Windows 10 image backup which has worked fine the once I used it though very slow . Any good ideas. It is the very latest version of Macrium Reflect also, 7.3 I think . Any ideas ? IT shouldnt be this hard to get it to work .

:)

vipergg, Nov 28, 2020

2. System Image Problem

I'm getting a head start in case you get on early.

Can you post camera pics to your thread from your phone?

There will be steps later that require attention to detail and I'd feel better if I could see what's on your screen. I had to try the steps more than once when I tested the process and I'd like to avoid that on your machine.

Here's what I'd like to do for the Macrium Rescue steps later on in the process
    I'll post the the step, you'll post an picture of the Macrium screen,
    I'll echo same screen back if I see something that needs changing or I'll just say Go Ahead

When I confirm that the Macrium screen, you'll make any changes I've highlighted and THEN execute the step

Here's where you begin today's session, we'll get as far as we get and then pick up when you get back home.

Step 1: Safeguard the System Image by moving it to a new folder

1. Connect the Seagate exp drive

2. File Explorer: Navigate to the Seagate drive

3. Create a new Folder named 1_sysImage

4. Move WindowsImageBackup to 1_sysImage

Step 2: List the VHDs in the System Image

1. File Explorer: Navigate to 1_sysImage\WindowsImageBackup\machineName\Backup date-time

2. Press the Type column to sort by Type

3. Post a screen shot

Slartybart, Nov 28, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Cant get macrium to work for system image [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Nov 28, 2020
  4. Cant get macrium to work for system image

System Image Problem

Bill,

Could you elaborate on the Nick's Data? I've already done a Sys Img to G: drive.
    What is a Belarc Advisor audit?

Rebooting now to see if drives stay the same.

--
    Nick

caddman6425, Nov 28, 2020
Thema:

Cant get macrium to work for system image

1. Cant get macrium to work for system image - Similar Threads - Cant macrium system

2. Dismounting Macrium Images

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Dismounting Macrium Images: I'm having a problem on two different systems dismounting Macrium images. One is running V2004 with licensed Macrium and one is running V1909 with a free copy of Macrium. Macrium is the latest version. One thing in common are the Images are large, 200GB+, one is in excess...
  3. Dismounting Macrium Images

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dismounting Macrium Images: I'm having a problem on two different systems dismounting Macrium images. One is running V2004 with licensed Macrium and one is running V1909 with a free copy of Macrium. Macrium is the latest version. One thing in common are the Images are large, 200GB+, one is in excess...
  4. Cant restore system image.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cant restore system image.: I just got a new pc but it's not letting me restore my old system image that I had from my other computer. I can get into windows fine but it's not letting me restore the image. It says the image was created on a computer using bios and this one is using efi. How can I get...
  5. Can Macrium restore an MS System Image?

Can Macrium restore an MS System Image?: Somewhere I saw someone state that Macrium can restore MS System Images. Anyone know if it can? I can't ask on their forum as you can only register after you buy the product and I tried emailing their contact - L: [email protected] but the emails bounce as spam. Not very...
  6. Cant back up to get a system image?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cant back up to get a system image?: Why do I get the following message? One answer I read said they removed Sky Dive and worked however I do not know what Sky Dive is. Backup encountered a problem while backing up file C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\Google Drive. Error:(STATUS_WAIT_2...
  7. Macrium image mystery

Macrium image mystery: I have two images as below [img] [img] [img] Image 2 starting with A9 occupies 16.4 GB in disk but its disk volume is 25.39GB. Image 1 starting with 1C occupies 15.6Gb in disk but its disk volume 27.5GB. Why this anomaly? 117906
  8. Macrium - What to Image?

Macrium - What to Image?: Setting up my new Windows 10 Home desktop. Downloaded Macrium Version 6 Free and made a rescue disk. Everything is on the C: drive. Version 6 gives me 2 choices of images: 1. Image selected disks. 2. Image partitions required to backup and restore Windows. Choice 2...
  9. Imaging a disk with macrium

Imaging a disk with macrium: I have tried several times to make an image of a windows 7 disk.. Using macrium reflect and it just won't do it. It says can't make an image of this disk.. no reason given. On the same computer with another disk that has windows 10, it works just fine, i can image it ok....
  10. New to Macrium: System Image

New to Macrium: System Image: My setup: 256 GB SSD holding the C drive "Local Disc C" which includes my Programs among other usual files, 190 GB free of 223 GB. I have my Personal Folders (Documents, Pictures etc., Downloads, Searches etc.) on a 2 TB internal rotational drive D. Therefore these folders on...