Windows 10: Can't get mail notification sound for Outlook 2016 tried everything

Discus and support Can't get mail notification sound for Outlook 2016 tried everything in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Can't get mail notification sound for Outlook 2016. settings-apps and system sounds properly configured tried every hint on the internet,registry +... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by ddinc, Jan 14, 2016.

1. ddinc Win User

Can't get mail notification sound for Outlook 2016 tried everything

Can't get mail notification sound for Outlook 2016.
    settings-apps and system sounds properly configured
    tried every hint on the internet,registry + config

:)

ddinc, Jan 14, 2016

2. mail notification sound change

Hi. There seems to be a disconnect between Office 365, Outlook 2016. Lenovo T440 running Windows 10

You can set from the control panel a sound for new mail notification, but this has no impact on the settings for Outlook 2016, I have a mail notification .wav file set, it previews but will not work with Outlook as Outlook keeps playing the default sound

SteveTarbard, Jan 14, 2016
  3. Finn A Win User
    Windows 10 - Outlook 2016 New mail notification sound

The link points to an article that proposes the same steps that the previous response also suggests. As I already responded, I already did all this. It has no effect.

However, meanwhile I have found the cause of the problem Windows 10 has a setting to control if it should "get notifications from these senders". This setting was set to on for "Outlook 2016". As long as this setting is on, Windows 10 seems to override
    whatever settings Outlook has (including the "new mail notification" sound), "eat" the notification and always play its own Windows notification sound.

Turn off the "Outlook 2016" in the Windows notifications from these senders settings, and the "New mail notification" sound will be played as expected.

Finn A, Jan 14, 2016
  4. tweedle Win User

The older versions of Outlook were hard coded to look to a wav file and looks like that practice is still ongoing.

Backup and replace this file with a sound you like named the same way.
    C:\Windows\Media\Windows Notify Email.wav

It worked for my Windows 10 / 2016 setup. You'll have to take ownership and full control of the file to replace it as well.

tweedle, Mar 9, 2016
  5. davidhk Win User
    davidhk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't get mail notification sound for Outlook 2016 tried everything - Similar Threads - Can't mail notification

2. NO SOUND IN MAIL NOTIFICATION

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NO SOUND IN MAIL NOTIFICATION: I believe that I have every setting checked in the proper places in Settings. I do receive a banner from the Notification Center, but no sound. I have a sound set up in Sound Control Panel>Sounds in both "Desktop Mail Notification" and "New Mail Notification" and both sounds...
  3. Can't send Outlook 2016 mail to Comcast server

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't send Outlook 2016 mail to Comcast server: I have Windows10 and Outlook2016. I use for sync with Comcast server to send and receive email. Last week the send from Outlook stopped working. All settings have not changed. Verified. Anyone have ideas??...
  4. Outlook 2016 and Windows 10 Mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook 2016 and Windows 10 Mail: I have a laptop I use for business. It's loaded with Office 2016 which includes Outlook 2016. I set up my business account on Outlook. When I'm on the road I like to keep in touch with my personal email accounts. For that I use the Mail program that comes with Windows 10....
  5. Outlook 2016 - notifications calendar/email

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2016 - notifications calendar/email: Windows 10 home Office professional Plus 2016. version 1808 Recently got a new desktop up and running with the above software installed. The Installed default had notifications (audible and the visual that comes shooting in from the lower right corner) for both email and...
  6. No Avatars for Outlook 2016 (365) mail notifications in Action Center?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    No Avatars for Outlook 2016 (365) mail notifications in Action Center?: Hi, When a new e-mail appears in my Outlook 2016 (365) account(s), that is shown in Actions Center. However, the notification does not show the sender's avatar (image) even though that's saved to my People details for my most used contacts. I have seen these 'Avatars' in...
  7. No Notification of new Outlook 2016 mail in Action Center

in Browsers and Email
    No Notification of new Outlook 2016 mail in Action Center: I have selected the option to receive notifications of new email from Outlook 2016 in Windows 10 settings, but am not receiving them in the Action Center. Are there any other settings that need to be changed or possibly any registry keys that need to be added? Thanks. 38719
  8. No mail notification sound

in Browsers and Email
    No mail notification sound: can't get mail notification sound for Outlook 2013. settings-apps and system sounds properly configured 18042
  9. Outlook 2016 not sending e-mail

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2016 not sending e-mail: Outlook 2016 has suddenly stopped sending out my e-mail, it keeps reporting the server responded 452.4.1.0 the requested action aborted. Try again later. I tried a lot of things yesterday even re-installing Office and nothing fixed this problem. I called my Internet Service...
  10. Win 10/Outlook 2007 - Can't change e-mail notification sound

in Browsers and Email
    Win 10/Outlook 2007 - Can't change e-mail notification sound: Sorry to post such a picky little issue. I guess that I must be OCD and want everything to work as it should. I have: Win 10 Pro X64 build 1511 Outlook 2007 When new mail arrives, I get the default new mail sound (Windows Notify e-mail.wav). I tried to change the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant get sound notification confirming emails has been sent outlook