Windows 10: Can't get maximum resolution on TV duplicating from Laptop

Discus and support Can't get maximum resolution on TV duplicating from Laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; As the title suggests, I'm duplicating my laptop screen to my Vizio M55-f0 2018 via HMDI port #4. Laptop native resolution is 1366x--- but when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MaddenJMF, Apr 6, 2020.

1. MaddenJMF Win User

Can't get maximum resolution on TV duplicating from Laptop

As the title suggests, I'm duplicating my laptop screen to my Vizio M55-f0 2018 via HMDI port #4.

Laptop native resolution is 1366x--- but when I press info on the TV, the TV shows that its Outputting 1080p.

Old school Intel 3000HD series chip.

Resolution in windows settings for duplicate screen is showing as the correct higher resolution. As is the resolution displayed in the Intel Graphics dashboard.

TV is capable of QHD through this HDMI port.

Device manager shows HDMI audio output but shows video as General Monitor with Microsoft generic drivers.

What am I missing, why can't I get the TV to output the higher native laptop resolution?

:)

MaddenJMF, Apr 6, 2020
  2. dzigner Win User

Cast or Duplicate laptop screen on TV

Hello
    I want to either duplicate or cast my laptop screen to my tv. I have acer spin 3 with windows 10 and Vizio smartTV.
    I have cast on google Chrome, so from there I am able to cast to the TV. I have the cast button(link on right click), in Opera, but it does not work. Opera cannot find any Cast destinations.
    On Windows side, if I search for wireless display from notifications/project area, it does not find my TV. If I click Connect in the notifications area, it does not find my TV.
    The TV is listed under Other devices in my devices and printers settings, but is always disconnected.
    I have attached images for this.
    Please help,
    Can't get maximum resolution on TV duplicating from Laptop [​IMG]

Can't get maximum resolution on TV duplicating from Laptop [​IMG]

Thanks

dzigner, Apr 6, 2020
  3. Arjay Dom Win User
    TV resolution problem

Hi,

1920x1080 is the standard resolution for TV's in full HD.

For us to better assist you, please answer the following questions:

• Have you tried changing the resolution of the monitor through Intel HD Graphics Control Panel?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, go to Intel HD Graphics Control Panel and try changing the resolution to get the best picture and size of the video displayed on your monitor.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Arjay Dom, Apr 6, 2020
  4. Can't get maximum resolution on TV duplicating from Laptop

Laptop display wont duplicate to tv

my laptop wont duplicate the display to TV monitor

Bronwyn_606, Apr 6, 2020
Thema:

Can't get maximum resolution on TV duplicating from Laptop

1. Can't get maximum resolution on TV duplicating from Laptop - Similar Threads - Can't maximum resolution

2. TV as duplicate monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TV as duplicate monitor: Hello, I hope you can help! I have a Dell Inspiron 3847 desktop PC. I ran an HDMI cable from the single HDMI port on the back panel of my PC to the HDMI-2 port on the TV, I have set the PC display settings to duplicate the screens and all was working fine, I switch to input 2...
  3. TV as duplicate monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    TV as duplicate monitor: Hello, I hope you can help! I have a Dell Inspiron 3847 desktop PC. I ran an HDMI cable from the single HDMI port on the back panel of my PC to the HDMI-2 port on the TV, I have set the PC display settings to duplicate the screens and all was working fine, I switch to input 2...
  4. Can't Cast from laptop to samsung tv

Can't Cast from laptop to samsung tv: Can someone help me? I'm trying to do connect my PC to my tv and watch AmC plus by casting it to my TV samsung smart tv Q80 Series 65. However it isn't working I've tried multiple solutions that I have found online and it doesnt work. I have an XPS 15 Running windows 11.This...
  5. tv resolution

in Windows 10 Customization
    tv resolution: hey tv says not support and everyone say change the resolution on yer computer, how can i change the resolution on my computer if it says not support on my tv and cant see anything but not support..... i cant change any settings cause nothing shows up on my tv to change........
  6. Increase resolution beyond maximum without getting "Resolution unsupported"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Increase resolution beyond maximum without getting "Resolution unsupported": Hi i need to increase resolution beyond the maximumof 1360x768 i am running an intel graphics 4000 igpu Windows 10 1909 i7-3770 is it possable to go beyond that Image sharpness doesnt matter i just need to increase the resolution Thanks in advance...
  7. Duplicating my screen from Laptop to 32" TV

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Duplicating my screen from Laptop to 32" TV: I had it up and running then it just went off, uplugged HDMI and plugged it back in and the screen came on my TV for a short second and turned back off, TV stays on but no more duplicated screen, what do I do to fix it?...
  8. Cast or Duplicate laptop screen on TV

Cast or Duplicate laptop screen on TV: Hello I want to either duplicate or cast my laptop screen to my tv. I have acer spin 3 with windows 10 and Vizio smartTV. I have cast on google Chrome, so from there I am able to cast to the TV. I have the cast button(link on right click), in Opera, but it does not work....
  9. Black space in maximum resolution?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Black space in maximum resolution?: I recently upgraded a Dell Dimension E520 from XP to Windows 10. I'm having trouble getting an Acer AL2016W monitor to fit in its maximum resolution of 1680x1050. When i choose this resolution in the Display Settings, the screen is pushed to the right and a black space...
  10. Screen Resolution issue when duplicating across monitor and TV

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Screen Resolution issue when duplicating across monitor and TV: Hi all, hope someone can provide some clues as to what I need to do to get screen resolution from changing when I switch display settings from extended to duplicate screens. PC is a self built machine with on Intel HD board graphics, however I am using a Radeon 6870 GFX...