Windows 10: Cant get mouse to wake up computer

Discus and support Cant get mouse to wake up computer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Windows Home v 20H2, OS build 19042.928 I can't find any feature of KB or Mouse to wake up computer ie pressing keys or shaking mouse). The only thing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by robls99, May 6, 2021.

1. robls99 Win User

Cant get mouse to wake up computer

Windows Home v 20H2, OS build 19042.928 I can't find any feature of KB or Mouse to wake up computer ie pressing keys or shaking mouse). The only thing that works is to press the power button. Device Manager for mouse is checked in Power Management for "Allow this device to wake the computer". What else can I try?

:)

robls99, May 6, 2021
  2. coffent Win User

How to stop mouse movement from waking the computer?

Thanks lgentry. I have a Microsoft wired keyboard and a Logitech wireless mouse. Under Device Manager>Keyboards it lists two "HID Keyboard Device"s and the Microsoft keyboard. Unchecking the "Allow this device to wake the computer" for the two HID keyboards fixed the problem as you suggested. Weird that one must prevent "keyboards" from waking the computer to in fact prevent the mouse from waking it.

coffent, May 6, 2021
  3. Ztruker Win User
    Mouse won't wake up computer from sleep.

When my computer goes to sleep, power light is blinking on the computer so perhaps it's deep sleep, moving the USB attached mouse does not wake it up.
    Allow mouse to wake is enabled:

Cant get mouse to wake up computer [​IMG]

This used to work, even with 2004 but somewhere with one of their updates it stopped working. I tried a new mouse, same problem. Any suggestions?

Yes, I've done many Google searches and looked at lots of responses but there really is nothing more than the above as far as a suggested fix.

I've uninstalled the mouse from Device Manager then rebooted, no help.

USB attached keyboard works okay and wakes the computer.

Ztruker, May 6, 2021
  4. tcebob Win User

Can't stop mouse from waking computer

I had already set the network driver (Nvidia) to not wake. At your suggestion, In power options I changed the Allow wake timers setting to Disable. Sorry to report, the mouse still wakes the computer. I do appreciate your help.

tcebob, May 6, 2021
Thema:

1. Cant get mouse to wake up computer - Similar Threads - Cant mouse wake

2. Wake up laptop with mouse

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Wake up laptop with mouse: Im using a HP Zbook laptop and a logitech MX master 3 mouse, I cannot get the mouse to waken the laptop, anyone offer any help please? 183555
  3. Computer waking up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer waking up: For the past 7 days when i got a pc 1 or 2 weeks ago, it keeps turning on bu it self every day at 5:55 AM. I tried everything i could to stop it and it failed, any tips? submitted by /u/Zylenlox69 [link] [comments]...
  4. Mouse won't wake up computer from sleep.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse won't wake up computer from sleep.: When my computer goes to sleep, power light is blinking on the computer so perhaps it's deep sleep, moving the USB attached mouse does not wake it up. Allow mouse to wake is enabled: [img] This used to work, even with 2004 but somewhere with one of their updates it...
  5. Mouse won't wake up computer from sleep.

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse won't wake up computer from sleep.: When my computer goes to sleep, power light is blinking on the computer so perhaps it's deep sleep, moving the USB attached mouse does not wake it up. Allow mouse to wake is enabled: [img] This used to work, even with 2004 but somewhere with one of their updates it...
  6. Wake up computer

Wake up computer: Hi, Why can't I wake up my laptop by pressing any keys on my keyboard? Dennis https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wake-up-computer/22a8e0d7-cde5-4034-9373-ff84d379f09c
  7. waking up computer

in Cortana
    waking up computer: when i wake up computer i get running dots in cortana and browser search box continually , why is that ? or what can be done not to have that ? i usually do ctrl alt del and just choose cancel--then it stops...
  8. Computer wakes up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Computer wakes up: My computer keeps waking up on it's own after I put it to sleep. I am running Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-wakes-up/f04dadcd-e205-4f5d-b9c8-a4aab97f4895"
  9. I cant seem to be able to get my keyboard or mouse to wake my computer.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I cant seem to be able to get my keyboard or mouse to wake my computer.: So the problem i have with my computer is that i cant seem to wake my computer from sleep mode using my keyboard and mouse despite that i have checked off the boxes that say "Allow device to wake computer up." I have also tried turning off "fast turn off." The only way that i...
  10. How to have mouse wake up the computer on Windows 10?

How to have mouse wake up the computer on Windows 10?: On Windows 10 how do I enable mouse to wake up computer? It has stopped doing this function. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-have-mouse-wake-up-the-computer-on-windows/323a6d31-caf8-4a95-aae8-fe2e82b89e82"