Windows 10: Can't get MSI Gaming Laptop to boot.

Discus and support Can't get MSI Gaming Laptop to boot. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have an MSI GE-62 Apache Pro that boots off a 256 GB SSD with a 1 TB HD for other storage. I hadn't had it on in a while (a couple weeks), and now I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BPoole23, Nov 14, 2018.

1. BPoole23 Win User

Can't get MSI Gaming Laptop to boot.

I have an MSI GE-62 Apache Pro that boots off a 256 GB SSD with a 1 TB HD for other storage. I hadn't had it on in a while (a couple weeks), and now I can't get it to boot past the MSI logo.

Using the delete key I can boot into BIOS fine. But I've tried getting to the Advanced Startup Options screen by spamming F3, F8, and F11 during startup to no avail. F11 does nothing. When I spam F8 and will bring up the usual MSI loading screen, say "Preparing Automatic Repairs" and then after a minute the border of a window will flash on the screen for a split second, then the screen just goes black and the computer goes to sleep.

When I press F3 on startup it does the same thing as F8 but instead it says "Please Wait"

After it goes to sleep the screen is on, just black, and i can hear the fans and hard drives running. I don't know what else to try.

If i can't get it on, can I still use a Windows boot drive to startup and recover files and then do a clean install?

The computer came with Windows 7 but i upgraded to Windows 10. I've read other MSI laptops have similar issues with Windows 10. Would there be a way to recover files, then revert back to Windows 7 or 8?

Thanks for any help!

:)

BPoole23, Nov 14, 2018

2. MSI bios boot logo (frozen?)

I don’t think I see an option to do that. I checked both boot and advance settings. On the top shows “aptio setup utility” and I think it’s ver 1.4 since I see it in advance settings. But other than splash screen option, I don’t see it. :/
    Maybe I should update bios if available?

TheRandomBrian, Nov 14, 2018
  3. topgundcp Win User
    MSI bios boot logo (frozen?)

If you have any USB device connected, disconnect for now.
    Go into BIOS:
    1. At boot time, the BIOS is checking for all devices attached to the PC, turn off the MSI boot logo under boot menu so you can see the text displayed of each step and note which device is hanging.
    2. Under Advance->Windows 8/8.1/10: Enable MSI Fast Boot so that BIOS will bypass checking most devices that are none essential for booting. This will improve the boot process. Note that this is different from fast boot that you set in Windows.
    Some third party drivers that you downloaded from the MSI website might not be up to date, try to download the latest driver(s) from the original manufacturers such Intel Chip Set, Network driver etc....

topgundcp, Nov 14, 2018
  4. Can't get MSI Gaming Laptop to boot.

USB external storage {A Power} not beeing seen by MSI new gaming laptop - SKS newbie would greatly thank u.

Hi,

We would like to know more about your concern. Please provide the following information:

• Are you having an issue with your external hard drive which is not being detected by your MSI gaming laptop?
    • What action/s are you trying to perform on your laptop?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Are you getting any error messages when performing the action?

We will be waiting for your response.

Acelyn Alc, Nov 14, 2018
Thema:

Can't get MSI Gaming Laptop to boot.

1. Can't get MSI Gaming Laptop to boot. - Similar Threads - Can't MSI Gaming

2. Laptop can't boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop can't boot: PC can't boot and I tried to fix it. I gave up my hopes and when tried to reset it says password is incorrect in recovery mode boot. I can't even access safe mode.The error when I try to start says "INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE"...
  3. Laptop can't boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop can't boot: PC can't boot and I tried to fix it. I gave up my hopes and when tried to reset it says password is incorrect in recovery mode boot. I can't even access safe mode.The error when I try to start says "INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE"...
  4. MSI Laptop GL63 8SE keyboard blink and not booting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSI Laptop GL63 8SE keyboard blink and not booting: My laptop having this problem for over 5+ monthsWhere my laptop when i pressed the power button to boot it up the keyboard just start blink same goes with the capslock light it will just do that over until im my battery is low, but when i plugged it with the charger it boot...
  5. MSI Laptop GL63 8SE keyboard blink and not booting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MSI Laptop GL63 8SE keyboard blink and not booting: My laptop having this problem for over 5+ monthsWhere my laptop when i pressed the power button to boot it up the keyboard just start blink same goes with the capslock light it will just do that over until im my battery is low, but when i plugged it with the charger it boot...
  6. MSI laptop will not boot up, possible SSD failure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MSI laptop will not boot up, possible SSD failure: The PC would not boot up, went into BIOS and displayed this message "checking media presence, media not present\' I inserted a USB recovery drive but aborted the installation, this would delete all my files, would it not? I also wonder if this altered the boot order. I...
  7. MSI Laptop getting stuck at MSI Logo when trying to upgrade

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    MSI Laptop getting stuck at MSI Logo when trying to upgrade: I have a MSI GE62 Apache laptop that I have had since 2016. It originally came with just a 1TB hard drive that everything was on. I recently purchased and installed a 500GB Samsumg970EVO SSD solely for the OS to be stored on so that the computer can boot up quickly (among...
  8. Can't boot laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't boot laptop: Hey guys I'm wondering if anyone had this issue https://m.imgur.com/a/SUa0qlt I can't do anything it's just stuck in restart loop, can't access command prompt or enter safe mode. Any help would be appreciated, thanks submitted by /u/ansqw [link] [comments]...
  9. MSI Laptop Stuck in Boot Loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MSI Laptop Stuck in Boot Loop: I have a MSI GV62 8RD-200 laptop that is getting stuck on startup, giving me the message reconstructing cache metadata each time. I've let the computer sit for hours, but it remains stuck on this process, and the computer does not startup in the Recovery Environment after...
  10. New MSI gaming laptops powered by Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    New MSI gaming laptops powered by Windows 10: MSI recently announced their brand-new GS65 gaming laptop, powered by Intel’s 8th Generation processors, with a 144Hz thin bezel display. MSI also announced their flagship GT series gaming laptops featuring Intel’s core i9 processors. These devices, powered by Windows 10,...