Windows 10: Can't get my microsoft account to recognize my PC, and the Start-menu and action-center,...

Discus and support Can't get my microsoft account to recognize my PC, and the Start-menu and action-center,... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; With no apparent reason, the Start-menu, Cortana, search, and action center functions no longer work on my Windows 10 based laptop. Set up Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ProfessorHippie, Mar 30, 2020.

1. Can't get my microsoft account to recognize my PC, and the Start-menu and action-center,...

With no apparent reason, the Start-menu, Cortana, search, and action center functions no longer work on my Windows 10 based laptop. Set up Microsoft account to get tech support, but said account will not recognize my device so I can't schedule any kind of help. I have spent almost two hours going round and round. Can anybody help me?

:)

ProfessorHippie, Mar 30, 2020

2. For a new user account, there's no start menu and no action center

When I create a new user account and sign in to it:

• Nothing happens when I left-click or right-click the Start button--no menu at all.
    • When I try to open the Action Center, nothing happens; it won't open.

So, the new user account is unusable.

This happens when logging in to any new user account I create, not just a particular one.

Could someone please help?

Thank you.

Judy Lemke, Mar 30, 2020
  3. Unable to open Start Menu, Search and Action Center

If the Start button doesn't work, how am I to do this:

Question

Unable to open Start Menu, Search and Action Center

MI

MitchellXP asked on

Original Title: I cannot open the start menu 2nd time

Hello,

Yes, I know that this request for help seems familiar, and that is because it has been around a very long time. I had the same problem on this computer about six weeks ago. I thought I had fixed the problem with a Systems Restore, and a Reset operation.
    The problem now is the same as before except that some of t

• Can't get my microsoft account to recognize my PC, and the Start-menu and action-center,... [​IMG]

Can't get my microsoft account to recognize my PC, and the Start-menu and action-center,... [​IMG]
    Answer

GB

Geethu B replied on

Hi Mitchell,

Thank you for the reply.

I suggest you to create a new User Account and check if issue occurs.

To create a new User Account follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Click on Settings.
    • Type ‘Add, delete and manage other user accounts’ in search box.
    • Now click on ‘Add someone else to this pc’.
    • And follow the instructions to create a new User Account.

EleanorCrampton, Mar 30, 2020
  4. taward Win User

Can't get my microsoft account to recognize my PC, and the Start-menu and action-center,...

Action Center and Start Menu Continually Fail

Device: Surface Pro 4

Issue: Action Center and Start Menu continually fail.
    Symptoms: After an unpredictable amount of time, Action Center and Start Menu will not open using multiple prompts. Action Center will not respond to taskbar link or swipe from the right and Start Menu will not respond to task bar click or keyboard button.

Troubleshooting:
    • I have done several SFC scans (the first few found stuff and repaired it and subsequent runs find nothing)
    • I've done the DISM image restore health hocus pocus to no avail.
    • I've executed "Get-AppxPackage | % { Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppxManifest.xml" -verbose }" in an elevated powershell. This works, until it doesn't.
    EDIT: Nothing is working now for troubleshooting. Going to try a restart and see how long until it happens again.

​None of these are permanent solutions. Any ideas as what is causing this and how to stop it from happening?

taward, Mar 30, 2020
Thema:

Can't get my microsoft account to recognize my PC, and the Start-menu and action-center,...

1. Can't get my microsoft account to recognize my PC, and the Start-menu and action-center,... - Similar Threads - Can't microsoft account

2. Start menu, News and Interests and Action Center doesn't open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start menu, News and Interests and Action Center doesn't open: So, when I was shutting down my pc and go do something else earlier, when it was shutting down, it was telling me something like file explorer cannot access memory or something, and when I turned on my pc just now, the taskbar was loading significantly slower than before and...
  3. Start menu, taskbar and Action Center not as translucent as they should be

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu, taskbar and Action Center not as translucent as they should be: Even after turning on "Transparency effects", the Start menu, taskbar and Action Center are not as transparent as they should be like the other ones on the internet. Even the Colors tab preview under Personalisation shows a more transparent start menu. There is a difference...
  4. Can't access the start menu, or action center

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't access the start menu, or action center: I bought MS Surface Book i5 from a pawn shop. I guess they wiped it and reset it. I can't access the start menu, action center, settings menu, theres no browsers, no apps, no cortana nothing. All i can really do is get a wifi connection and open windows store. It has Win 10...
  5. After a Windows Update, my action center and start menu don't work

After a Windows Update, my action center and start menu don't work: Hello, I've been running a Windows 10 laptop for about seven months now and haven't had any issue with it until it decided to automatically update this week. And ever since then, I've been having an issue with my laptop's taskbar. If I click on either the start menu or action...
  6. Taskbar icons. start menu, action center not functioning

Taskbar icons. start menu, action center not functioning: Please help, taskbar icons (Windows app icons e.g. edge, win store, calculator, win defender, etc.), that includes windows start menu and action center icosns does not function when you click. how to solve. thank you...
  7. Windows 10 issue with start menu, action center not functioning

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 issue with start menu, action center not functioning: Hello. This issue just started yesterday and I have done everything I could think of to solve it with no luck. After several hours of trouble shooting, I did narrow down the issue, but can't make sense of it. I have windows 10 pro and have updated all the drivers to the most...
  8. Start menu, action center, etc not working most of the time

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu, action center, etc not working most of the time: I get randomly but frequently on my Windows 10 on my Dell Optiplex 780 where the start menu stops working. clicking on it does nothing, the start menu will not open, so I attempt the action center, that will not open either. Neither will the sound (volume), or the Ethernet...
  9. Action Center and Start Menu Continually Fail

in Windows 10 Support
    Action Center and Start Menu Continually Fail: Device: Surface Pro 4 OS: Fully Updated Windows 10 Issue: Action Center and Start Menu continually fail. Symptoms: After an unpredictable amount of time, Action Center and Start Menu will not open using multiple prompts. Action Center will not respond to taskbar link or...
  10. Action Center and Start Menu Die w/ No Way to Revive

in Windows 10 Support
    Action Center and Start Menu Die w/ No Way to Revive: I have a Surface Pro 4, fully updated. I've noticed that periodically, whatever program that powers the Action Center, the Start Menu, and some of the icons in tht Notification Area locks up and I don't know how to restart it. I won't be doing anything of note at at...