Windows 10: can't get my new used laptop to show up in my Microsoft Account devices list

Discus and support can't get my new used laptop to show up in my Microsoft Account devices list in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; There is no "Microsoft Accounts" category, so I'm posting under Windows/Windows 10/Windows settings. If this isn't the appropriate category, please... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by melissambwilkins, Apr 13, 2020.

1. can't get my new used laptop to show up in my Microsoft Account devices list

There is no "Microsoft Accounts" category, so I'm posting under Windows/Windows 10/Windows settings. If this isn't the appropriate category, please let me know which to use.

I purchased a used laptop recently and can't get it to show up in my devices list in my Microsoft account. Please help?

Here's what I've done/tried so far:

* created a Microsoft login for myself on the laptop

* turned on sync and completed the verification process

my computer DOES sign into Microsoft's website automatically from the "manage my Microsoft Account" link

* restarted the computer and logged back in several times. Even logged in as a guest user, then logged out and back into my Microsoft account.

* followed the instructions in "don't see your device?" - changed my Microsoft account login to a local account, then switched it back again, turned sync back on, and did the verification procedure again.

* found a thread with a link to a Microsoft Accounts Troubleshooter and ran it. There WAS an error when running it... "Can't connect to the sync service - There might be an Internet connection problem or the service may not be available," But I was having no troubles with my Internet connection as far as I could tell. I tried connecting another way, however, and it made no difference. A thread on that error suggested going to "As far as I could tell, I was having NO internet issues, but I tried connecting via a guest connection and got the same result. I also found a thread that said to look under "Access Work and School" and remove any accounts that were there, but there ARE no other accounts listed there to remove.

So at this point I'm stuck. I don't know what else to do. Any suggestions?

:)

melissambwilkins, Apr 13, 2020
  2. Taleys Win User

Laptop not listed in Devices in Microsoft Account

Hi. When I log into my Microsoft account and check under Devices, I only see 3 out of 4 devices that I use with the account. Listed are two nokia windows phones running win 8.1 and 1 hp stream 11 laptop running windows 10.

My main hp-15 laptop running windows 10 is not listed.

I've tried the steps here:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-is-trusted-device

to make it a trusted device but it doesn't make my hp-15 laptop listed.

Thanks

Taleys, Apr 13, 2020
  3. Laptop not listed in Devices in Microsoft Account

Hi Taleys,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that your laptop is not appearing among the list of trusted devices.

Thank you for mentioning the steps you have tried to resolve the issue.

I would suggest you to try the steps below to make sure the laptop has been verified.

1. Sign in to the main computer with your Microsoft Account.

2. Press Windows key + I to open settings

3. Click on "accounts" and select "your account" on the left pane.

4. Check if the option to verify your identity is available.

5. If so, click "verify" and follow the on-screen instructions.

6. Once that is done, begin the setup steps given in the article
    and check again.

Get back to us with the response. We will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, Apr 13, 2020
  4. can't get my new used laptop to show up in my Microsoft Account devices list

My Laptop is not included in My Devices list on Microsoft Account

Same as the subject my laptop is not included in My Devices list on Microsoft Account.

Here are some details:

I am running Windows 10 on Asus ROG G751JY gaming laptop. Recently I've changed the Microsoft account I'm using, and now I cant see my laptop listed in the My Devices list although before changing the account it used to appear in the list in my older account.
    I changed the account by converting to local account the re-convert to Microsoft account using the new account I created.

I've tried to add my device but Microsoft website only includes the options to add Windows Phone, Surface, Band or Xbox. So how can I re-add my laptop to my devices list in order to enable find my device service.

Note: I am sure that it is possible to have a non-Microsoft product in the list because I had my Asus listed there in the older account. The problem is that there is no option to add non-Microsoft device on the website.

P.S. I made sure that I am signed in with same account on both the website and the Laptop.

Hassan Marhoon, Apr 13, 2020
Thema:

can't get my new used laptop to show up in my Microsoft Account devices list

1. can't get my new used laptop to show up in my Microsoft Account devices list - Similar Threads - can't used laptop

2. I purchased excel and it's not showing up on my new laptop. An old device is listed under...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I purchased excel and it's not showing up on my new laptop. An old device is listed under...: I purchased Excel and it is not showing up on my new laptop. I have an old devise listed under my Microsoft account. How do I get it moved over? I no longer have the old laptop. Please advise...
  3. I purchased excel and it's not showing up on my new laptop. An old device is listed under...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I purchased excel and it's not showing up on my new laptop. An old device is listed under...: I purchased Excel and it is not showing up on my new laptop. I have an old devise listed under my Microsoft account. How do I get it moved over? I no longer have the old laptop. Please advise...
  4. I purchased excel and it's not showing up on my new laptop. An old device is listed under...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft Account not showing my devices

Microsoft Account not showing my devices: Some of my devices have disappeared for my Microsoft account, this could be a result of changing my login to a local instead of a MS account, Any help on getting my device back listed in the MY Devices section?...
  6. Linking Pc to Microsoft Account not showing up in Device List on Microsoft

Linking Pc to Microsoft Account not showing up in Device List on Microsoft: hello, I am having issues lining my pc to my Microsoft Account. I have Created a new account on the pc and set it up although when i go to my device list on Micosoft's website it doesn't show up and tells me to try adding my account again which i have done and still have the...
  7. Devices listed in my microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Devices listed in my microsoft account: I have 2 devices listed in my microsoft account. the 1st one says user PC the 2nd one say AIR KOOL-PC3. I used to work at a place with the name AIRKOOL but I did not use my home laptop there. How come this is showing up as a device on my home laptop? Did AIRKOOL send a...
  8. my laptop shows up in my devices list on the microsoft website, BUT NOT in the microsoft...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    my laptop shows up in my devices list on the microsoft website, BUT NOT in the microsoft...: just as the title says my laptop shows up in the microsoft website but not in my device list in the microsoft store. Im trying to download gears 5 so i can do the xbox play anywhere....
  9. Device Showing up on my Microsoft Account but not on the list when going to purchase...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Device Showing up on my Microsoft Account but not on the list when going to purchase...: I went to download Minecraft on my pc which I already have had purchased and played on my Xbox before, But when I went to the Microsoft store it told me that I only owned I trial of this game when it worked on my Xbox before. Then I found a way through the Xbox app to be able...
  10. Microsoft account not showing my Mac Pro as a new device

Microsoft account not showing my Mac Pro as a new device: I installed office on both my pc and Mac Pro. Under my account, it only shows 1 device PC, not Mac Pro? How do I know the new version was installed?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my pc is not appearing on microsoft store