Windows 10: Cant get my night light to turn on.

Discus and support Cant get my night light to turn on. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Iv been trying to get my night light to turn on but it dose not seem to work any more, it worked just fine when I got the laptop i have factory rest it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by timeBOO, Jan 22, 2021.

1. timeBOO Win User

Cant get my night light to turn on.

Iv been trying to get my night light to turn on but it dose not seem to work any more, it worked just fine when I got the laptop i have factory rest it once please if anyone knows how to fix this that would be great as I do care for my eyes.

:)

timeBOO, Jan 22, 2021
  2. Sumit Dhiman2, Jan 22, 2021
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    Night light

Hi,

There are several reasons why you are having issues turning on or off the Night Light settings of your Windows 10 PC after the update. To troubleshoot your Night Light settings, we suggest that you apply the steps on this

thread
    that was provided by SurenderKhokhar on April 15, 2017.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Eric Ber, Jan 22, 2021
  4. Cant get my night light to turn on.

No Night Light

Hi allisonb1

Try these steps

Option 1. Reset Night Light-related Settings on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

If you find the night light in the Action Center or the Settings is greyed out after the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, you can fix it with the steps below:

Step 1. Use Windows shortcut keys Win + i to open Settings.

Step 2. Go to the Privacy menu.

Step 3. On the left side, choose the Location tab.

Step 4. Click the Change button under the Location for this device.

Step 5. Toggle the switch under the Location for this device to ON.

Step 6. Toggle the switch under the Location service to ON.

Step 7. Restart the computer.

Now check the Action Center or the Settings on your Windows 10 Fall Creators Update to see if the night light feature is available.

Option 2 . Modify Registry to Fix Night Light Not Working on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

If the methods above didn't work, you may need to modify the registry to fix the greyed-out night light button or the night light not working issue. Note: Windows Registry is a vital database on Windows OS computer. Any misoperation will cause server system
    problems, such as 100% disk usage issue, blue screen issue, endless reboot, etc. So it's important to backup registry before the changes.

Now let's kill the night light not working and release the pain:

Step 1. Use Windows shortcut keys Win + R to launch Run.

Step 2. Type into regedit.

Step 3. Hit the Enter key.

Step 4. Copy and paste the path into the address bar of the Registry Editor: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\CloudStore\Store\Cache\DefaultAccount

Step 5. Press the Enter key.

Step 6. Right-click the key $$windows.data.bluelightreduction.bluelightreductionstate under the DefaultAccount and select the Delete to remove it.

Step 7. Right-click the key $$windows.data.bluelightreduction.settings and select the Delete.

Step 8. Restart the computer.

Then you can go to the Action Center or the Windows Settings. The night light not working issue has been resolved now and the night light button is available.

Source:

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/73518-turn-...

https://www.drivethelife.com/windows-10/night-l...

Wilfredo_Soto, Jan 22, 2021
Thema:

Cant get my night light to turn on.

1. Cant get my night light to turn on. - Similar Threads - Cant night light

2. Night Light gets turned off incorrectly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Night Light gets turned off incorrectly: Hello,I am using the Night Light feature of Windows, and I have set it to be automatically activated and deactivated. This works fine.On the other hand, I use the power feature that automatically turns off my screen after 15 minutes of inactivity. This also works...
  3. Night Light gets turned off incorrectly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Night Light gets turned off incorrectly: Hello,I am using the Night Light feature of Windows, and I have set it to be automatically activated and deactivated. This works fine.On the other hand, I use the power feature that automatically turns off my screen after 15 minutes of inactivity. This also works...
  4. Night Light not turning off

in Windows 10 Customization
    Night Light not turning off: Just 2 days ago the night light setting is no longer working for me, i try to disable it from action center and from settings but it keeps closing the settings window and stays on, I have tried a lot of things to help but nothing has worked so far....
  5. Night light turns on for no reason.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Night light turns on for no reason.: Basically this. It turns on every time i start up my laptop and i turn it off by opening up display settings and that's it. I dont need to turn it on and off again, and this keeps it off until i turn off my laptop. It turns on when i open some games and again i open up...
  6. Night light turn on for no reason

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Night light turn on for no reason: hi, i have an issue with the night light. It turn on itself for no reason after few minutes from boot and i have to disabled by myself. By the settings is disabled, even the auto turn on. Someone haved the same problem? I can resolve without a reset? Sorry for bad english...
  7. Night Light is not getting turned off manually.

Night Light is not getting turned off manually.: After updating my PC to Windows 10 v1903 I am not able to turn off night light manually. I even disabled schedule but it automatically gets on. Tried to update Display driver which didn't help....
  8. Night Light will not turn on

Night Light will not turn on: Hi, I have my night light settings set to turn on at sunset and turn off at sunrise but it never turns on. Even if I choose the option 'turn on now' it makes no change, it simply will not turn on. Anyone know how to fix this?...
  9. Night light never turns on.

Night light never turns on.: I tried to turn on night light on my windows 10 manually. But it doesn't turn on. I have the latest Windows 10 version. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/night-light-never-turns-on/1f1ca8ea-ad27-4d79-928c-34ca9808bb2d
  10. Night light wont turn on

Night light wont turn on: [ATTACH] The night light function doesn't seem to be working on my laptop (i have an Acer swift 3), I don't know how to turn it on? It was working at one point though but it is showing what is shown in the image above...