Windows 10: Can't get my usb camera working

Discus and support Can't get my usb camera working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Can't get my usb micosoft camera working... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by robertfyfe, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Can't get my usb camera working

Can't get my usb micosoft camera working

:)

robertfyfe, Jan 15, 2020

2. camera not working

If you have the camera connected to the computer, I would suggest that you disconnect the camera and then try to open the Camera app.

If the camera app opens, follow the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + C” from your keyboard to open “Charms bar”.
    • Select “Settings” option.
    • Select “Permissions” option.
    • Turn on “Allow this app to access your: Webcam and Microphone” option.
    • Lose the app by pressing “Alt key + F4” from your keyboard.
    • Reopen the Camera app.
    • Connect your camera and then check how this app works.
    Goodluck!

Gina_on_the_thread, Jan 15, 2020
  3. ENTO USB Camera

Hi Ralph,

For us to properly install your USB camera, we need to make sure first that the camera is still detected on your computer. Do access your Device Manager and see if the camera is still there. If so, we suggest that you run the
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter to help us diagnose and address the problem.

To access Hardware and Devices troubleshooter, follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key, then type in Troubleshooting.
    • Click on Troubleshooting once it's up.
    • On the left panel, click View all.
    • Look for Hardware and Devices.
    • Click it and follow on-screen instructions.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jan 15, 2020
  4. Can't get my usb camera working

Web Camera is not working

Hello

I assume by your comment "black screen appears in video call", you are experiencing problems in other camera apps as well, possibly Skype. If your camera isn't working in any applications this is indicative of a camera driver issue. Please try the steps
    listed here to resolve your issue:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/Windows-10/fix-windows-camera-app-problems-with-usb-web-cameras

If your issue isn't resolved after running the steps, please report back with your camera make and model and the driver information you aquire from step 3.

Thanks,

Tom

Tom A - Windows Camera Platform Team [MSFT], Jan 15, 2020
Thema:

Can't get my usb camera working

1. Can't get my usb camera working - Similar Threads - Can't usb camera

2. Can't get my computer camera to work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't get my computer camera to work: I have followed all instruction to get my computer integrated camera to work. For some reason it has stopped working. I see a color and when I put my finger over the camera it goes black.HELP, please....
  3. Can't get my computer camera to work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't get my computer camera to work: I have followed all instruction to get my computer integrated camera to work. For some reason it has stopped working. I see a color and when I put my finger over the camera it goes black.HELP, please....
  4. can't get my camera to operate.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't get my camera to operate.: I did Start- Camera, says close other apps Another app has the camera I can't find it anywhere. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-get-my-camera-to-operate/8e6b805e-cd51-4068-9dfc-1110adde8968
  5. can't get my camera to operate.

can't get my camera to operate.: I did Start- Camera, says close other apps Another app has the camera I can't find it anywhere. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-get-my-camera-to-operate/8e6b805e-cd51-4068-9dfc-1110adde8968
  6. I can't get my camera to work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't get my camera to work.: I've updated to Windows 11, I updated the driver, Ive reset, disabled and enabled, I've uninstalled and reinstalled, I've troubleshot, nothing seem to be working. Please help!!! Whatelse can I do?...
  7. I can't get my camera to work.

I can't get my camera to work.: I've updated to Windows 11, I updated the driver, Ive reset, disabled and enabled, I've uninstalled and reinstalled, I've troubleshot, nothing seem to be working. Please help!!! Whatelse can I do?...
  8. Can't rotate USB camera

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't rotate USB camera: I have moved house and have to set up my USB camera to hang upside down from a shelf in my new place. This turns my webcam image upside down. While I do have manycam I can not rely on this as a work around as one of the sites I have to work on does not support webcam feeds...
  9. Can't get the usb device working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't get the usb device working: My USB port isn't working, although there was no physical damage. My laptop has to be rotated to a certain degree to get the USB device working Tried many methods, but none of them worked Performed a system recovery, nothing happened Can someone fix this strange problem?...
  10. Can't Get Camera To Work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't Get Camera To Work: I keep getting the error code 0xA00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached>. How can I get it reinstill? There was a camera on my computer when I brought. I have a HP Pavilion https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-get-camera-to-work/92253a38-2e26-49db-92a2-440e12de1993