Windows 10: Can't get new battery for my Lenovo laptop to charge more than 80%.

Discus and support Can't get new battery for my Lenovo laptop to charge more than 80%. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Does the battery charging application need to be recalibrated? Battery was removed and the voltage checked to be 12 volts DC. Apparently it is being... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Rafa4488, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Rafa4488 Win User

Can't get new battery for my Lenovo laptop to charge more than 80%.

Does the battery charging application need to be recalibrated? Battery was removed and the voltage checked to be 12 volts DC. Apparently it is being fully charged but the display is only showing 80% charge. Microsoft calibration procedures don't seem to work. Suggestions?

:)

Rafa4488, Mar 23, 2020

2. battery plugged in but not charging Ideapad Lenovo G50-80 80E502Q6IH Windows 10

My new laptop Ideapad Lenovo G50-80 80E502Q6IH Windows 10

battery plugged in but not charging

Please help with this asap or replace the product

AshviMurarka, Mar 23, 2020
  3. Battery Won't Charge Fully

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Can't get new battery for my Lenovo laptop to charge more than 80%. pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Mar 23, 2020
  4. Michele Win User

My battery won't charge beyond 80%

I've asked this issue on other Discord channels, but I wanted to post it here.
    My model is HP, and entering my model number lists it as Energy Star. Yesterday, this problem has been starting.

So my problem is...My battery will not charge beyond around 80%. It can charge, yes, but the issue is that it only charges up to around 78-80%, then it starts charging spontaneouly. When the laptop stops charging, the LED is white, despite not being fully charged, and if I replug the charger, the LED is still white. Yesterday, I had this dreadful 'Plugged in, not charging' issue, and I temporarily fixed it alongside with the repeated charging and got my laptop to charge to 100%, but the problem reappeared today. *Mad

What is strange that when I asked a user, he replied that the laptop is trying to protect itself from further damage by doing this. What is his logic? I tried the HP diagnosis, and it reported that my battery is healthy and all OK. It doesn't need any battery replacing - besides, my battery is internal so I can't remove it.

I have tried hard reset, and uninstalling battery drivers (Microsoft). Nothing fixed it. I fear my battery might be damaged, but then again could be just my charger. I can't remember when I bought it but it was 3 or 4 years ago and it might be going away soon.

Michele, Mar 23, 2020
Thema:

1. Can't get new battery for my Lenovo laptop to charge more than 80%. - Similar Threads - Can't battery Lenovo

2. Laptop charged past battery limit of 80%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop charged past battery limit of 80%: Hello, so I have an Acer Predator Helios 300, and I have the battery limit option, which keeps the battery at 80%, and it's been fine for a few months now. However, I was checking my laptop right now, and I saw it was at 81%; how is that possible? And is this a problem or...
  3. Laptop charged past battery limit of 80%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop charged past battery limit of 80%: Hello, so I have an Acer Predator Helios 300, and I have the battery limit option, which keeps the battery at 80%, and it's been fine for a few months now. However, I was checking my laptop right now, and I saw it was at 81%; how is that possible? And is this a problem or...
  4. Battery won't charge more than 80% in windows 11??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery won't charge more than 80% in windows 11??: OS: Windows 11PC model: HP Zbook 17 G6For some reason, my battery won't charge up to higher than 80% in windows 11 I recently upgraded. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-wont-charge-more-than-80-in-windows-11/90b7444e-a80d-468c-aeb2-b74ba631851e
  5. Battery won't charge more than 80% in windows 11??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery won't charge more than 80% in windows 11??: OS: Windows 11PC model: HP Zbook 17 G6For some reason, my battery won't charge up to higher than 80% in windows 11 I recently upgraded. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-wont-charge-more-than-80-in-windows-11/90b7444e-a80d-468c-aeb2-b74ba631851e
  6. Battery stops charge at 80%!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Battery stops charge at 80%!: I have Acer Spin 3, i opened the 'Acer Care Centre S' application and while browsing it, i turned on Battery Charge Limit which causes the laptop to stop charging at 80%. Well, I HATE IT! I went back to turn it off but that option had disappeared and I have no idea what do!...
  7. Limiting Battery Charge to 80%

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Limiting Battery Charge to 80%: In order to maintain battery health for machines that are permanently or semi-permanently connected to a power source in my case, the external monitor provides power I would like to set the maximum charge value to 80% and not higher. Is there a way to limit the charge to a...
  8. Battery not charging more than 60%

in Windows 10 Customization
    Battery not charging more than 60%: Battery is not charging more than 60%. It's a brand new ASUS Rog. I already tried. 1. Rebooting 2. Factory reset 3. Reinstalling drivers It's a new laptop. So I don't think any issue with battery or charger. Something to do with windows settings....
  9. Battery cannot charge more than 74%

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Battery cannot charge more than 74%: Good day team. I have a Lenovo Thinkpad T450 Model. I just updated it from version 1903 to version 1909 yesterday. Before this update, it charges to 100% i.e both the internal battery and the external battery. After the update yesterday, it can no longer charge up to...
  10. Laptop battery not charging more than 60%

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop battery not charging more than 60%: Laptop Asus X507 UA; all updates to OS are allowed automatically. I rightly or wrongly opted for 'best battery life' in the battery settings. It charges battery to 60%. There are a lot of power cuts where I live and I cannot work for longer period as I have to conserve...