Windows 10: Can't get new style graphic boot menu.

Discus and support Can't get new style graphic boot menu. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've been trying to get the new graphical boot menu, but the system insists on showing me the old style Windows 7 menu. What's more I couldn't get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by perdrix, Aug 28, 2015.

1. perdrix Win User

Can't get new style graphic boot menu.

I've been trying to get the new graphical boot menu, but the system insists on showing me the old style Windows 7 menu.

What's more I couldn't get into the Advanced Startup stuff which allows System Reset and stuff like that until I did an in-place reinstall (using setup.exe).

I think this started when I used EasyBCD to add a "Safe Mode" boot to the list, but now I can't get it to go back the way it was.

Help please ...

:)

perdrix, Aug 28, 2015
  2. petrib Win User

N82 MENU

Not quite.

S60 based devices (like the N82) have a different approach to the user interface (menus) than S40 based phones.

That applies to old S60 and current/new S60, just as well as old S40 and current/new S40.

So, you can't as a phone user change S60 to do things like you were used to with an S40 phone.

If you prefer the S40 user interface, menu style, you can get a new/newer S40 phone, instead.

petrib, Aug 28, 2015
  3. archp2008 Win User
    Windows 10 - Can't Get Past Welcome Screen

I find that I have this problem when using the modern Metro UI boot screen to select Windows 10 from my multiple operating systems. When the legacy (text) boot menu presents itself this has never happened. Trouble is when I use the CMD prompt to change
    to the text menu, it only remains for one or two boots. After that the new graphical boot menu returns and I am forced to choose Windows 8 or and older version of Windows to get a successful boot.

archp2008, Aug 28, 2015
  4. perdrix Win User

Odder and odder - I DO get the GUI boot menu when I boot from powered off. If I do a restart, I get the old Windows 7 text boot menu!

Dave

perdrix, Aug 29, 2015
  5. Edwin New Member
    You should get the other options if you hold Shift while clicking Restart.

Edwin, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't get new style graphic boot menu. - Similar Threads - Can't style graphic

2. Old style start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Old style start menu: Is it possible to switch the current start menu back to the old style start menu ? If so, how can it be done ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/old-style-start-menu/80ed68cc-87ea-4c18-bb6f-5bdb226476ba
  3. Stuck at Boot Menu. USB Boot after setting partition style to gpt stuck at boot menu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck at Boot Menu. USB Boot after setting partition style to gpt stuck at boot menu: I have been trying a clean install of Windows 10 on my Lenovo Ideapad. During the installation, I found that my partition disks had an error when trying to install. I had the wrong styling of my partition disks and I ran a command line prompt that cleaned and changed the...
  4. Start Menu Apps fonts style

Start Menu Apps fonts style: i have recently changed windows 10 fonts style using registry editor but start menu Apps fonts style is not changed why? suggest if any method. i want to make my PC stylish...
  5. Hide Graphical Boot Menu

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hide Graphical Boot Menu: So I've just installed Macrium and put the recovery boot option on but now I see that every time I start my computer and even at 3 seconds, I don't want to be waiting for it to start because of that menu. Is there a way to turn that menu off, considering I can get to it...
  6. trying to get the "old style" Windows 10 start menu

trying to get the "old style" Windows 10 start menu: Forum newbie with a quick question here, had to reinstall a new PC with latest Windows 10 build, and I'm trying to get the "old style" Windows 10 start menu working. I unpin all the tiles and shrink the menu horizontally. I had thought that the ease of doing this was a plus...
  7. Empty Boot Menu/App Menu Can't boot.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Empty Boot Menu/App Menu Can't boot.: Hi guys, This is my first post after activating my Account 5mins earlier, i've been actually searching for solutions on this forum as a guest but finally decided to open an account and ask you guys in the first place. First of all I'm not sure if the thread subject is in the...
  8. Windows 10 Graphical Boot Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Graphical Boot Menu: I tried switching to the graphical boot menu though the cmd but when I restart it is still the text based one. Is there something I am missing? 74012
  9. graphical style dual boot menu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    graphical style dual boot menu: Hi , I have a dual boot system ( windows 10 (1st default), windows 8.1 (2nd)) . The dual boot menu in windows 10 is graphical style but in windows 8.1 is classic , black-white line style . How can fix it , in order to have graphical mode both ? i don't like classic line...
  10. Start Menu in Tablet Mode Style

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu in Tablet Mode Style: When I open my start menu, it opens on tablet mode. My tablet mode is turned off. Help me please. What is happening: Screenshot 21323