Windows 10: Cant get newer update past 1903

Discus and support Cant get newer update past 1903 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi there, I hope someone could help me... I tried to update my windows 10 Pro, currently version 1903 OS Build 18362.1256. But when I press the check... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DOMpeon, Jul 1, 2021.

1. DOMpeon Win User

Cant get newer update past 1903

Hi there, I hope someone could help me... I tried to update my windows 10 Pro, currently version 1903 OS Build 18362.1256. But when I press the check for update button, it said "You're up to date", but isnt that there is newer version?Thanks in advance for any assistance...

:)

DOMpeon, Jul 1, 2021
  2. varxtis Win User

Cannot update to 1903

O_O thats a lot of steps. Starting in a few mins. Quick question though:
    You list a set of instructions for "Windows 10 iso as an in place upgrade repair" with links, and then you included a box for "Routine troubleshooting steps" with 13 steps including links.

Which should I be following first?

PLEASE don't hate me for asking this as this just occurred to me. Should I try the update in Safe mode? I downloaded the MediaCreationTool 1903, but it wasn't successful in doing the update, nor was it successful in creating Usb install.

varxtis, Jul 1, 2021
  3. malware Win User
    Intel Updates Core 2 Quad Q9550 to E-0 Stepping

We continue our Monday news list with another Intel story that brings to our attention information concerning the company and more specificly its 2.83GHz Core 2 Quad Q9550 chips that will move from the current C-1 to the newer E-0 stepping. The updated chips will start selling on August 22nd, featuring the following changes:
    • New SSpec and MM numbers for the converting products
    • CPUID will change from 0x10677 to 0x1067A
    • Package change to Halide free package
    Apart from that, the new stepping CPUs will not include any other changes. Of course, like most new stepping parts a BIOS update will be needed.

Product Change Notification 108663 - 00

Source: TechConnect Magazine

malware, Jul 1, 2021
  4. Mokubai Win User

Windows 10 Pro 1709 update to 1803, 1809 or 1903?

In theory your current settings will be delaying updates to a point where there should not be any stability or quality issues. All being well you will have a years worth of quality issues in that version fixed.

• If you want latest with potential teething troubles then go for 1903.
    • 1809 has been out for more than 6 months so there should no longer be any show-stopping bugs or errors, everything should just work
    • your current settings are postponing feature updates for 1 year and as a result you are offered 1803. This version should be solid, by now well tested and fairly mature.

The version number of 1803 x64 2019-07B suggests that it is downloading it with all relevant updates to July 2019, meaning you are getting all the fixes without the problems of a newer "feature" update such as 1809 or 1903.

If you want best stability and least chance of issues then let it install the version it is proposing.

If you want to live on the edge then go for something newer.

If your system is mission critical and you have no backups then you want stability. If you want features but can tolerate a bit of risk then you want the latest.

Mokubai, Jul 1, 2021
Thema:

1. Cant get newer update past 1903 - Similar Threads - Cant newer update

2. I cant get past the sign in screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cant get past the sign in screen: I was recently up graded to windows 11. I was,nt expecting a complete change over. I was able to start working with it, although i lost all photos, aand i didnt see the 10 day to chande it back. My problem is it was working ok yestuday, i went to get on it today and i cant...
  3. Cant update to newer version of Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant update to newer version of Windows 11: I'm stuck on build 22621.463 and I cant update to 10.0.22622.601 ni_release nor I could to previous releases. I reset Windows Update components, but it didn't help and run sfc scannow + DISM. Installing goes to 45% and then I get Error – 0x80070002 and some others, which I...
  4. Cant update to newer version of Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant update to newer version of Windows 11: I'm stuck on build 22621.463 and I cant update to 10.0.22622.601 ni_release nor I could to previous releases. I reset Windows Update components, but it didn't help and run sfc scannow + DISM. Installing goes to 45% and then I get Error – 0x80070002 and some others, which I...
  5. Windows 1903 and newer RDP

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 1903 and newer RDP: Did Microsoft make a change to RDP in Windows 1903 and newer? It looks like Microsoft made a major revision to the way UDP v2 works in regards to Remote Desktop. Does anyone know if there is a fix Update or patch for this? I'm also wondering if there is some kind of scanner...
  6. Updated Drivers, Now Cant Get Past Loading Into Windows.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Updated Drivers, Now Cant Get Past Loading Into Windows.: Updated my drivers, restarted, and now I can’t get past the ‘Tuf Gaming’ screen. When I go into restart repair it asks for a password associated with my windows account. I use the right one but it says its wrong. Even checked my windows account on my phone, it’s all right....
  7. Cant update to 1903 features.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cant update to 1903 features.: Receive 1901 error code, unable to update one or more components. Update fails and system goes back (uninstalls) Lenovo machine. Updated drivers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-update-to-1903-features/027c4ab5-141d-4598-a13d-81108e91385f
  8. PC cant get 1903 update

PC cant get 1903 update: Its been 4 weeks and the update doesnt show up in the "update" in settings. When I click download the update on the microsoft page it brings me to the settings app in Windows. I tried to download the update tool from microsoft's website, and it said my device was compatible...
  9. Windows update cant get past 83 procent

Windows update cant get past 83 procent: I am trying to update to Windows 10 Insider Preview 18282.1000 (rs_prerelease) from Windows 10 Insider Preview 18277(rs_prerelease) The first time I tried it got to 63% completed and rebooted, the second time it got to 83% and rebooted and I am currently stuck at that. When...
  10. Cant get past login screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cant get past login screen: Computer has been working on win 10 for several months. Lately had problems with login screen. We have never used a password before. Now I cant do anything because it demands a password which I do not know. Incidentally I now see two users with same name. One user...