Windows 10: Can't get no satisfaction, or answer, to why thumbnail pictures will not appear from the...

Discus and support Can't get no satisfaction, or answer, to why thumbnail pictures will not appear from the... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am getting fairly stressed with this, and although a 'microsoft techie' answered my problem, none of what he suggested worked...I did the 'Disk clean... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by denniscowan1, Mar 3, 2020.

1. Can't get no satisfaction, or answer, to why thumbnail pictures will not appear from the...

I am getting fairly stressed with this, and although a 'microsoft techie' answered my problem, none of what he suggested worked...I did the 'Disk clean up' I did the 'Command Prompt'...that said it didn't recognise what he told me to put in.....nor did it respond to 'restore in system restore......after ages I returned to the same predicament.

So let me go back to the beginning again, and again....After 'insert' to get a picture I had the choice of 'This PC' or 'Intenso' my external storage .....first I went to 'This PC' and documents and clicked on the folder 'Buildings' to see my hillforts and castles.......all showing thumbnail photos.....I then came out and clicked on 'Intenso' and then insert to the folders stored, but only saw a list menu of the photos 1 to 77. But no way could I see any of them, whereas just before the Windows Update in February, I was able to access thumbnail photos in both areas all the time and anytime.

So the situation is I cannot see any thumbnails in the storage, and only in 'This PC' and its folders.......even on the evening of the update I was working on photos in the external storage......but after the Update things changed, but nobody seems to be able to explain it or tell me how to get back to where I was. There's got to be a simple way of turning the list menus in the folders of Intenso storage to the way they are in 'This PC' and documents and pictures?.....but I can't find it.

:)

denniscowan1, Mar 3, 2020

2. Windows 10 Picture Files not updating thumbnails

Hi,

I realize that the picture files are not updating thumbnails. I will try to help you with this issue.

Suggest you to perform “Disk Cleanup”, cleaning up the temporary internet files, thumbnail, cookies and temp files, so as to check the thumbnail view of the photo is updated by cleaning up your temporary data.

Further, if the issue persists then you can also follow these steps:

• Right click in the Folder that contains the images.

• Select View.

• Note the current icon size, and change it to another size (ie: "Medium-Icons" to "Large-Icons", then back to "Medium-Icons").

• This causes the icons to be resized and their cache updated.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Mar 3, 2020
  3. Photo thumbnail picture

Hi

File Explorer>Pictures>Open Pictures.

If Your Photos come up as just a List and don't show up as Thumbnails, look at the Two Small Icons at the Bottom Right of the Screen and 'Toggle' between them.

The first one gives you a List View and the other one gives you a Thumbnail View.

Or you could Click: View at the Top of the Screen and then you Can not only see your Photos as Thumbnails but you can also choose the Size.

Cyberdesigner, Mar 3, 2020
  4. Can't get no satisfaction, or answer, to why thumbnail pictures will not appear from the...

Photo thumbnail picture

If you do the suggestion by Cyberdesigner and they still show as icons, check your performance settings and make sure "show thumbnails instead of icons" is checked.

Right click Start, select System -> Advanced system settings -> Advanced tab -> Performance - Settings

Can't get no satisfaction, or answer, to why thumbnail pictures will not appear from the... [​IMG]

Can't get no satisfaction, or answer, to why thumbnail pictures will not appear from the... [​IMG]

fracking4oil, Mar 3, 2020
Thema:

Can't get no satisfaction, or answer, to why thumbnail pictures will not appear from the...

1. Can't get no satisfaction, or answer, to why thumbnail pictures will not appear from the... - Similar Threads - Can't satisfaction answer

2. why does photogallery not upload thumbnail pictures? i get some pictures and some icons in...

in Windows 10 Customization
    why does photogallery not upload thumbnail pictures? i get some pictures and some icons in...: why does photogallery not upload thumbnail pictures? i get some pictures and some icons in the thumbnails https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-photogallery-not-upload-thumbnail/9b2cfeb9-1da4-4409-89d7-ec420f300f57
  3. Picture Thumbnails Not Showing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Picture Thumbnails Not Showing: so recently i did a soft reset where i keep apps and files and now it wont show any of my thumbnail previews for pictures, i tried the 4 methods from here:4 Methods to Fix Picture Thumbnails Not Showing on Windows 10 minitool.com and also i see a red x next to most of my...
  4. My picture thumbnails

My picture thumbnails: How do you get the thumbnails showing in the my pictures folder? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-picture-thumbnails/2ca4aa38-41bf-4c8e-98f8-764575907f9b
  5. Picture icon no thumbnails

in Windows 10 Customization
    Picture icon no thumbnails: I am having issues trying to show my thumbnails instead of icons , I have tried every single troubleshoot I could find with no luck , I have a few showing but not alot of them are , can someone please help , Its getting real ridiculous and upsetting...
  6. How do I get my thumbnail pictures to appear from a storage device instead of just text...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I get my thumbnail pictures to appear from a storage device instead of just text...: After a recent update, a huge update from Microsoft I may add, changes happened in the pictures program, I could no longer get to see thumbnail pictures in the folders from my external storage device, only titles.....Before the update I could access them automatically from...
  7. Pictures won't show as thumbnails in File Explorer Pictures folder. I have a answer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pictures won't show as thumbnails in File Explorer Pictures folder. I have a answer: Pictures won't show as thumbnails in File Explorer on Windows 10 Just bought a new HP Win10 laptop and for some reason File Explorer would not show most of my pictures or as thumbnails. But with hundreds of files in a dozen folders trying to upload a picture to Facebook or a...
  8. Picture Thumbnails No Longer Appear in Picture Folders

Picture Thumbnails No Longer Appear in Picture Folders: Until recently, when I opened a picture folder in Windows Explorer, all files were displayed as actual picture thumbnails. Foe some reason this has changed and all files are now displayed with the same "MS Photos" application icon. This makes it almost impossible to quickly...
  9. Picture thumbnails

Picture thumbnails: As I go through my Picture folders, all I get are little icons for the Tiffs, rather than thumbnails of the pictures. I am using Windows 10. How do I get my thumbnails back?...
  10. Photo thumbnail picture

in Windows 10 Support
    Photo thumbnail picture: When opening a folder containing pictures how do I get win 10 to show a thumb nail size image 17461