Windows 10: Can't get on my computer after trying to update GPU driver

Discus and support Can't get on my computer after trying to update GPU driver in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hey there, So just to start out I am not the most knowledgeable when it comes to computers but I know enough to usually get by. I was going to play... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Gleisix, Sep 30, 2016.

1. Gleisix Win User

Can't get on my computer after trying to update GPU driver

Hey there,

So just to start out I am not the most knowledgeable when it comes to computers but I know enough to usually get by. I was going to play a game(Portal 2 if interested) and it says I needed to update my graphics drivers. So, I went to GeForce experience to upgrade my NVidia GeForce gtx 965m like I usually do. As it was actually installing the driver it usually flashes black a couple of times and then finishes. It did flash black a couple of times but then stayed black at the end. I let it sit there for a while and just assused it failed or something of the sort. Then I went to turn off my computer using the power button method which I hate using. Upon turning my laptop back on it came on an ASUS Rog screen with a windows 10 loading circle at the bottom which is normal. It then said updating windows so I assumed it was just some glitch where windows had to update. Then it went to a completely black screen, so I gave it around 20 minutes but nothing happened. So I went to turn it off again and upon restarting got that ASUS screen once again but then went to a black screen with the windows 10 loading circle at the bottom. I let it sit there for 2 and a half hours and had to turn it off because it was getting late.

Now I'm not sure what to do here and I am hoping to fix it I won't have to lose anything. I truly appreciate any help I can get and hope this isn't as bad as it seems!

Thank you for your time!

Update: I found a method that says it can fix it, is this the right way to go?
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...creen-problems

How to boot from CD on Asus G751?

:)

Gleisix, Sep 30, 2016

2. After installing latest update KB3081452 my GPU GT 525m has stoped working code 43 error

after this update windows is stopping my gpu saying that it has code 43 error i have tried restarting the computer reinstalling the gpu driver but nothing is working

ATOM98GAMER, Sep 30, 2016
  3. Windows 10 not detecting Nvidia 960M Graphics Card

Hi Pavan,

I tried the above the steps and some how it picked the Nvidia card as a hidden device again. Then I ran GeForce experience software to get the updated driver for my card. After updating to the latest driver it again failed to pick my gpu. So i again uninstalled
    the GPU software and installed the driver that came with my laptop. It is quite old and some of the latest features are not supported but now my gpu is up and running. I will try to incrementally update the drivers and check when my card breaks again.

Thank you for the quick response it was very helpful.

Regards,

Praveen

Arc Warden, Sep 30, 2016
  4. timerity Win User

NVIDIA Graphics drivers are notorious for causing problems like you describe if not properly installed. I can vouch for that. I no longer use their drivers as I'm on a new system. When I used NVIDIA I overcame this problem after spotting this site and thereafter all was plain sailing. Make sure you uninstall the old driver/s first (NVIDIA should do that for you). The Safe Mode part is very important and remember to do a Clean Install. Install only the drivers you need. Best of luck. Go to this link:
    Display Driver Uninstaller Download version 17.0.2.0

timerity, Sep 30, 2016
  5. bobkn Win User
    Display Driver Uninstaller is interesting, but I doubt that it's useful if you can't boot into Windows. Perhaps Safe Mode would be helpful. (I wish that MS hadn't gotten rid of the F8 option to get into Safe Mode. Maybe the automatic option to enter Safe Mode will come into play if the OP tries to start the machine enough times.)

Failing that, you may be able to fix things with a bootable Windows 10 installation device. (You can use a Windows restore point from that.) It can be a DVD or a USB flash drive.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html

I prefer the USB drive because it runs much more quickly than a DVD. It can also be used on a PC with no optical drive.

bobkn, Sep 30, 2016
  6. Gleisix Win User
    Thanks for the help guys, I ended up resetting my laptop seeing as I just backed all my important data up last week.

Gleisix, Oct 1, 2016
  7. bobkn Win User
    So you went with the nuclear option.

Please mark the thread as solved.

bobkn, Oct 2, 2016
  8. Gleisix Win User

i believe I already did set it as solved does it not show up as solved because it does for me?

Gleisix, Oct 2, 2016
  9. bobkn Win User
    It shows as solved for me. Maybe I simply didn't notice. (I accessed it from my profile, not the forum.)

bobkn, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't get on my computer after trying to update GPU driver - Similar Threads - Can't computer trying

2. No audio after updating nvidia gpu drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No audio after updating nvidia gpu drivers: I updated my NVIDIA drivers, and now no audio output device is installed and i cant redownload geforce experience, i also tried installing realtek drivers which didnt work either, how do i fix this...
  3. No audio after updating nvidia gpu drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No audio after updating nvidia gpu drivers: I updated my NVIDIA drivers, and now no audio output device is installed and i cant redownload geforce experience, i also tried installing realtek drivers which didnt work either, how do i fix this...
  4. No audio after updating nvidia gpu drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Trying to update gpu after unistalling it

Trying to update gpu after unistalling it: so when i try to update the gpu it tells me windows found drivers but encountered an error while attempting to install them pls i really need help this is what i get...
  6. can't get into my computer after reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    can't get into my computer after reset: I reset my windows 10 on my computer and now I have no keyboard or mouse so I can't logon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-get-into-my-computer-after-reset/2193cb98-7b51-4403-8b92-a464f134c7df
  7. This thing appeared after updating my GPU drivers, what is it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    This thing appeared after updating my GPU drivers, what is it?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/thomasplaysps3 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k02wg8/this_thing_appeared_after_updating_my_gpu_drivers/
  8. GPU drivers missing after Windows Updates

GPU drivers missing after Windows Updates: After this weeks updates, Display adapters in not even showing in my device manager. GPU drivers are kaput. I have talked to several others with this same problem. What is being done to fix this? ***Original title: After this weeks updates, Display adapters in not even...
  9. after updating having different GPU driver

after updating having different GPU driver: I have hp 15-bs123ne which has radeon 520 GPU (as noted in hp official site) after installing the original driver from hp and having AMD software installed as well and it showed that i have radeon 520 as it should do (pic 1) [ATTACH] one time i checked the windows...
  10. Can't play games after GPU Driver update

Can't play games after GPU Driver update: Hello, I have a GeForce 1070 Ti, it worked perfectly. But when I updated to the latest version it increased the lag tremendously, I can't open the game as it crashes right away. I tried installing the previous version, which didn't work as well. Please help, Pedro...