Windows 10: Can't get out of automatic repair, page fault error loop

Discus and support Can't get out of automatic repair, page fault error loop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I basically do not venture into much software in computers so my understanding isn't there, but I've been an electronics tech so will venture into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by bomar97, Jan 18, 2020.

1. bomar97 Win User

Can't get out of automatic repair, page fault error loop

I basically do not venture into much software in computers so my understanding isn't there, but I've been an electronics tech so will venture into things. The following is the best way I can describe my issue. I've basically googled and tried many things that come up.

This all started Tuesday night / Wednesday morning.. shortly after a new update.. The computer kept freezing with the hour glass at first.. then went into the error mode.

Product: HP15-Ay039wm
    Windows 10

system board id: 81EB
    Bios Version: F18
    Processor: Intel Core i3-6100U CPU @ 2.30 GHZ
    Total memory: 8 GB

Security:

TPM device: available
    TPM state: enabled
    Clear TPM No
    Intel Software Guard Extensions disabled

System Config

Virtualization tech disabled
    post hot key delay 10 sec
    cd-rom boot enabled
    USB boot enabled
    network boot disabled
    legacy support disabled
    secure boot enabled
    platform key enrolled
    pending action none

Boot order

OS boot manager
    internal cd/dvd
    USB diskette
    USB cd/dvd
    network adapter

Legacy boot ( all in grey )
    notebook hard drive
    internal cd/dvd
    usb diskette
    usb cd/dvd
    network adapter

Screen goes from HP preparing automatic repair to blue with page fault in nonpaged area fault. NTSF.SYS

F11 does nothing... it will not bring up any screen.. still comes up with looping issue above.

F10 brings up set up utility but can only go yes/no .. can not move anywhere else.

Escape .. tried the recovery disc.. will not change from the error screen. I did change secure boot to disable and also tried moving internal cd/dvd to the top to get the recovery disc to work.

Escape then F10 brings up setup utility and can move around but don't know what will do any good in there.
    I tried Escape then F11 but still will not bring up that screen.

One search says to go back to a previous point.. I don't know if anything is set for a previous point, but also can't find a way to do it.

I have tried changing secure boot to disable for recovery discs .. still nothing.. It comes up with HP .. and then goes to a dark blue blank screen.. then back to error page.. never says anything about pressing any key to continue.

I tried disconnecting the power cord ( the only thing connected by wires) and holding down the power button for 15 seconds.. still does nothing.

F8 won't work.. I tried changing legacy to enable.. I tried changing secure boot to disable.

At this stage I'm thinking to bring it in to a computer place ( not much available here ) but if there's something simple I'm not seeing, I'd hate to bring it in and pay $$ for it.

:)

bomar97, Jan 18, 2020

2. Automatic Repair Loop

Hi Charlene,

Your concern regarding the device going into an Automatic Repair Loop can be caused by change on its settings/configuration or broken system files. To effectively assist you with your concern, can confirm if you've made any changes on your device prior to
    your concern?

As an initial step to get back into the normal Windows screen, we suggest that you perform a
    Startup repair. The repair will attempt to fix any broken components/files which may prevent your device from booting properly. To do this, follow the steps below:

• On theAutomatic Repair screen, select Advanced options.
    • Select Troubleshoot.
    • Select Advanced options.
    • Select Startup Repair.

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

Darwin Dim, Jan 18, 2020
  3. Graeme.P Win User
    Automatic repair loop

Hi there, thanks for your question.

Here are the steps I generally recommend to fix automatic repair boot loops:

Use Check Disk Utility

Fix Boot and Rebuild BCD via Command Prompt

Restore Windows Registry

Delete the Problematic File

Disable Automatic Startup Repair

Check Device Partition and OsdevicePartition

Perform Refresh or Reset Your PC

These steps are listed in detail with instructions in the below article:

https://www.technology.org/2017/11/14/7-ways-fi...

If you're still experiencing issues after these steps, please let me know and I'll see what else we can try! Thanks!

Note: Non-Microsoft websites are linked. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Graeme.P, Jan 18, 2020
  4. larry Win User

larry, Jan 18, 2020
Thema:

1. Can't get out of automatic repair, page fault error loop - Similar Threads - Can't automatic repair

2. How to get out of automatic repair loop without admin password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get out of automatic repair loop without admin password: My pc is stuck in the automatic repair loop after my desktop was frozen and kept refreshing and I tried a fresh reset. Now it keeps putting me in recovery mode but I can’t get into command prompt or anything else because my windows password is gone. Is there anything I can...
  3. How to get out of automatic repair loop without admin password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get out of automatic repair loop without admin password: My pc is stuck in the automatic repair loop after my desktop was frozen and kept refreshing and I tried a fresh reset. Now it keeps putting me in recovery mode but I can’t get into command prompt or anything else because my windows password is gone. Is there anything I can...
  4. What can I do to get out of the automatic repair loop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What can I do to get out of the automatic repair loop?: I have already tried almost all the options. I have tried to reset the computer multiple times but the computer just says there has been a problem and won’t let me reset, I cannot use system restore as there is no restore point, I have tried to uninstall the past update, I...
  5. What can I do to get out of the automatic repair loop?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What can I do to get out of the automatic repair loop?: I have already tried almost all the options. I have tried to reset the computer multiple times but the computer just says there has been a problem and won’t let me reset, I cannot use system restore as there is no restore point, I have tried to uninstall the past update, I...
  6. Windows 10 can't get out of automatic repair

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 can't get out of automatic repair: I got this new Lenovo Ideapad. I turned it on for the first time an installed Google Chrome. After that everytime i try to start the laptop, its says "Automatic Repair couldn't repair your PC" and gets into automatic repair. I searched the web and wrote some lines in command...
  7. Can't get out of automatic repair failed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't get out of automatic repair failed: Hello! This morning when I started up my PC, it was doing a memory check. The night before there was an automatic Windows Update (the latest one). Now it is stuck on Automatic Repair Failed, the SrtTrail.txt problem. So I tried: -all the command prompt turorials (bootrec...
  8. Automatic Repair Loop - Can't Even Get Into the Computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Automatic Repair Loop - Can't Even Get Into the Computer: I am typing this from my iPad. This problem has persisted since around April 14. On that day, I turned on my computer as always. When I did, the pc entered an automatic repair loop, constantly taking me to the “Couldn’t repair your pc” screen with the usual options of "Exit...
  9. how do i get out of the automatic repair loop ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how do i get out of the automatic repair loop ?: submitted by /u/improperarticulation [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eqwos0/how_do_i_get_out_of_the_automatic_repair_loop/
  10. Automatic repair loop error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Automatic repair loop error: I have a problem my pc stuck in automatic repair loop and i tried every option but did not able to restore my window kindly help it will be great pleasure https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatic-repair-loop-error/04783f77-ba53-4593-8455-b9ef0ca2d268