Windows 10: Can't get out of Clean Boot mode

Discus and support Can't get out of Clean Boot mode in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I went into Clean Boot to see what was slowing down my Gateway nv55s14u. I noticed in Task Manager that the disk was full so I went and found the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by pocketlama, May 25, 2019.

1. Can't get out of Clean Boot mode

I went into Clean Boot to see what was slowing down my Gateway nv55s14u. I noticed in Task Manager that the disk was full so I went and found the culprit. (Of course, the computer is still crazy slow even after that but that's another problem.)

I click on "normal startup" in the System Configuration (while logged in as an administrator and opening the program with a "Run as Administrator" click just to be safe. I've done this multiple times and each time I get back to system configuration it shows "selective startup" again.

I'm doing all this in admin mode.

I was told in Microsoft's forum to boot to the Command Prompt and, "Type bcdedit /deletevalue {current} safeboot and hit Enter key." It didn't work. It returned an error, "The specified entry identifier is not valid. The parameter is incorrect."

I'm in Windows 10 version 1803 build 17134.765

:)

pocketlama, May 25, 2019
  2. Toothless Win User

Silent boot failure

List your specs out and tell us each step in cleaning you did.

Toothless, May 25, 2019
  3. Paolo Mag Win User
    Clean boot aftermath

We appreciate the information that you have provided. Since the issue still persists even after performing a clean boot, we suggest that you perform a clean boot while in safe mode. This is for us to make sure that there's no third party software interfering
    with the clean boot.

Here's an
    article
    that you can check on how to start your Windows 10 computer in safe mode. From here, you'll see multiple ways on how to start your Windows 10 computer in safe mode with a simple guide on how to do it.

You can also refer to this
    link
    where you'll see a step-by-step guide on how to perform a clean boot in Windows 10.

Give us an update on the result and we will be glad to assist you further.

Paolo Mag, May 25, 2019
  4. Can't get out of Clean Boot mode

Clean boot leads runtime error

I tried to use clean boot because I faced the configuration system failed to initiate. However, after I disable all startup and click restart, I cannot logon my window 10. It said I has a runtime error on visual c++. I cannot go to safe mode by press F8
    +restart. How should I do to logon or go to safe mode to restore the setting? At least before clean boot. The clean boot step is suggested by logitech page.

Douglas_Leoni, May 25, 2019
Thema:

Can't get out of Clean Boot mode

1. Can't get out of Clean Boot mode - Similar Threads - Can't Clean Boot

2. can't get out of s mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't get out of s mode.: Can not exit s mode for windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-get-out-of-s-mode/4b1a9a0f-8d55-4105-9ece-224b64b043c2
  3. can't get out of s mode.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't get out of s mode.: Can not exit s mode for windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-get-out-of-s-mode/4b1a9a0f-8d55-4105-9ece-224b64b043c2
  4. Can't get out of secure mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't get out of secure mode: So, I was having a problem and I had to enter secure mode to solve. I just needed to run some scripts on the terminal, the problem is, my password won't work. I'm stuck at secure mode and I can't even get past the login screen. I'm stuck. Is there a way I can fix this? I...
  5. Can't get out of airplane mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't get out of airplane mode: Just spend almost 5 Hours trying to get out of airplane mode and switching on the WiFi. I tried everything I could find on the Internet, tinkering with the device manager and drivers, until I eventually reinstalled Windows (with the option to keep all the data, but delete...
  6. Can't Get Out of S Mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't Get Out of S Mode: Got a new laptop for Christmas, and just started it up yesterday. I went to install Chrome obviously and the window popped up for me to switch out of S mode. I did so without issue and shut the laptop when I was done for the night. Today I opened it back up and S*** Mode...
  7. Can't Get Out of S mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't Get Out of S mode: Have a buddy whose charging port became unusable, so he bought a new laptop and gave it to me along with the old unit. He wanted me to get stuff off his old HDD, pictures, docs, music, etc. But he also wanted to get his favorites off Chrome and put them on the new laptop....
  8. Can't Get Out of S mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't Get Out of S mode: Have a buddy whose charging port became unusable, so he bought a new laptop and gave it to me along with the old unit. He wanted me to get stuff off his old HDD, pictures, docs, music, etc. But he also wanted to get his favorites off Chrome and put them on the new laptop....
  9. Can't get out of safe mode.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't get out of safe mode.: My mouse cursor was stuttering across the screen and I couldn't fix it, I had to do a full clean reboot of my computer. When I tried to log in, it came up with "Other User". I went into safe mode to add a profile and then I accidentally went into the advanced options and...
  10. can't get out of safe mode

in Windows 10 Support
    can't get out of safe mode: Hello, I was having trouble with a usb drive and found a tutorial that suggested I go into safe mode to fix it. Due to there not being an F8 boot command screen any more I had to go into msconfig to change how the computer starts up.. which is now set to safe mode. So i'm...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. get out of clean boot