Windows 10: Can't get out of S-mode without signing in to MS account?

Discus and support Can't get out of S-mode without signing in to MS account? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I work partly as an it-admin at the school i work at, and a student has bought a PC and it came with Windows S-mode. This student needs some important... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ShortDamage, May 27, 2020.

1. Can't get out of S-mode without signing in to MS account?

I work partly as an it-admin at the school i work at, and a student has bought a PC and it came with Windows S-mode. This student needs some important apps that are not in the MS Store. I go to settings and find the activation, but it prompts me to sign into a MS account. All students in my county have an Office365 account, but signing in with this doesn't work as it isn't a MS account. So i can't get past this. I obviously want to avoid creating a MS account for this 12 year old student, but do i need to that nevertheless? Is there another way?

submitted by /u/ShortDamage
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ShortDamage, May 27, 2020
  2. antspants Win User

No more sign in with MS Account on install?

Please excuse the horrible quality and randomness of images. No important images pertaining to the question are missing. But I did skip irrelevant common steps when taking photos, just common stuff.
    Can't get out of S-mode without signing in to MS account? [​IMG]

At this step, I wasn't given any other choices, this was forced. This also happened disconnected and when skipping key entry.
    I was not given the option to: "Or, even better, use an online account"

antspants, May 27, 2020
  3. Tony K Win User
    No more sign in with MS Account on install?

And likewise, Sin. It's good to see you! Can't get out of S-mode without signing in to MS account? :) Hope all is well with you and yours.

Sorry I can't comment here for I haven't clean installed an OS in quite awhile (using the Media Creation tool), however I did sign in with my MS account when I did. My 10 Creator Update has been on my machine for quite some time. A very stable OS I may add.

Your pics are fine. I see you're upgrading all or most of your PCs I assume? I'm curious as to why you weren't offered to sign in with your MS account as well. I'm wondering if it's a regional/country mandate by law? Who knows with these crazy micro-managing laws today?! *sarc Not a suggestion, but I would think at this point you could create an MS account and delete the local one.

I'm sure someone will look in on this. I'll be peeking in to see how this goes.

Tony K, May 27, 2020
  4. Can't get out of S-mode without signing in to MS account?

Creating or signing in to microsoft account

Hi Gloria,

The error code that your are getting when adding an account is usually caused by the following:

• Your phone has an incorrect date and time set.
    • You do not have a data connection.
    • Your phone is in a "bad state."
    We suggest that you follow the steps on this link to set up your Microsoft
    Account on your device.

Keep us posted for further assistance.

Regards.

Marcel Dio, May 27, 2020
Thema:

Can't get out of S-mode without signing in to MS account?

1. Can't get out of S-mode without signing in to MS account? - Similar Threads - Can't mode without

2. can't get out of s mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't get out of s mode.: Can not exit s mode for windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-get-out-of-s-mode/4b1a9a0f-8d55-4105-9ece-224b64b043c2
  3. can't get out of s mode.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't get out of s mode.: Can not exit s mode for windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-get-out-of-s-mode/4b1a9a0f-8d55-4105-9ece-224b64b043c2
  4. Can't get out of S mode

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't get out of S mode: I can't seem to get out of windows s mode. I have done it in the start and it was working fine but then I had to restart my laptop for windows updates and it told to do it again and now I'm stuck at 'Working on it' when I click on 'get it' on Microsoft Store...
  5. Can't get out of S Mode

Can't get out of S Mode: I went on Microsoft Store to get switch out of S Mode and it doesn't let. Tried multiple times and also got help from people but still, nothing worked. Another problem is that an error keeps popping up on my screen Error status 0xc0e90002 something about Antivirus. This only...
  6. Can't get out of S Mode

Can't get out of S Mode: My laptop came with Windows 10 Home in S Mode, but I need to get out of S Mode. I follow the instructions and go to Activation, and click "Go to Store", however, it shows me "There was an error on our end" with error code 0x80131500. I have installed all the available...
  7. Can't get out of s mode.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't get out of s mode.: Two days ago I bought an HP laptop that came in s mode. Yesterday I was able to get out the s mode via Microsoft Store and everything was running out smoothly. Three hours ago I turned on the laptop and HP made a BIOS update. After that the PC came back to the s mode and when...
  8. Can't Get Out of S Mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't Get Out of S Mode: Got a new laptop for Christmas, and just started it up yesterday. I went to install Chrome obviously and the window popped up for me to switch out of S mode. I did so without issue and shut the laptop when I was done for the night. Today I opened it back up and S*** Mode...
  9. Can't Get Out of S mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't Get Out of S mode: Have a buddy whose charging port became unusable, so he bought a new laptop and gave it to me along with the old unit. He wanted me to get stuff off his old HDD, pictures, docs, music, etc. But he also wanted to get his favorites off Chrome and put them on the new laptop....
  10. Can't Get Out of S mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't Get Out of S mode: Have a buddy whose charging port became unusable, so he bought a new laptop and gave it to me along with the old unit. He wanted me to get stuff off his old HDD, pictures, docs, music, etc. But he also wanted to get his favorites off Chrome and put them on the new laptop....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft is asking me to create an account in order to switch out of s mode

2. get out of windows 10 s mode without account

3. windows 10 switch out o s mode without microsoft account

4. how to get out of s mode without creating a microsoft account,
  5. switch out of s mode without creating a microsoft account,
  6. can i get out of s mode without a windows id,
  7. out of s mode without microsoft account