Windows 10: Can't Get Out of S Mode

Discus and support Can't Get Out of S Mode in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Got a new laptop for Christmas, and just started it up yesterday. I went to install Chrome obviously and the window popped up for me to switch out of S... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by EmmaPolcyn, Jan 4, 2020.

1. Can't Get Out of S Mode

Got a new laptop for Christmas, and just started it up yesterday. I went to install Chrome obviously and the window popped up for me to switch out of S mode. I did so without issue and shut the laptop when I was done for the night.

Today I opened it back up and S*** Mode has been reactivated and is now giving me an error when I try to change it back. I am locked out of everything I installed yesterday and I'm fuming. Can anyone help me get around this?

:)

EmmaPolcyn, Jan 4, 2020

2. New FF - passwords

Hi:

If that setting is already enabled, then I suggest as the next troubleshooting step might be Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)):

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

• Please report back and let us know the outcome, as it will dictate the next steps.
    • Also: please tell us what AV/AM/firewall programs are you running on this system?

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Jan 4, 2020
  3. jmcslob Win User
    2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

Hey Fits

Can you list a few helpful hints for T ski ,maybe a step by step how to OR what to look out for*Cool Can't Get Out of S Mode :cool:

jmcslob, Jan 4, 2020
  4. jmcslob Win User

Can't Get Out of S Mode

2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

T ski b4 your done with this post can you list a step by step fix of what you did, I would appreciate it if you would...Thanks

jmcslob, Jan 4, 2020
Thema:

Can't Get Out of S Mode

1. Can't Get Out of S Mode - Similar Threads - Can't Mode

2. Can't start recovery mode on PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't start recovery mode on PC: I'm not able to click on the "start recovery" button.Can someone please help? :Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-start-recovery-mode-on-pc/77abdd32-347e-4319-867b-684acbbd75da
  3. Can't start recovery mode on PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't start recovery mode on PC: I'm not able to click on the "start recovery" button.Can someone please help? :Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-start-recovery-mode-on-pc/77abdd32-347e-4319-867b-684acbbd75da
  4. I can't switch out of S mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't switch out of S mode: I can't switch out of S mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-switch-out-of-s-mode/a0f69856-4de9-4e3d-9fa7-4125429ca246
  5. I can't switch out of S mode

I can't switch out of S mode: I can't switch out of S mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-switch-out-of-s-mode/a0f69856-4de9-4e3d-9fa7-4125429ca246
  6. Can't boot, not even in safe mode after last update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't boot, not even in safe mode after last update.: After the last update I was having constant usb device errors. One was for a logitech camera but the others I believe were for a card reader installed in my case. I tried disabling the devices but I kept getting the errors. I also disabled USB root hub because I saw a...
  7. Can't boot, not even in safe mode after last update.

Can't boot, not even in safe mode after last update.: After the last update I was having constant usb device errors. One was for a logitech camera but the others I believe were for a card reader installed in my case. I tried disabling the devices but I kept getting the errors. I also disabled USB root hub because I saw a...
  8. Stuck In BSOD and can't enter safe mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck In BSOD and can't enter safe mode.: I had windows 10 education on my computer when I bought it. It would not let me customize anything so I erased it and put on a Windows 10 Home. Now when I boot it goes to the BSOD with error codes 0xc000021a and it keeps rebooting. I tried unplugging everything and switched...
  9. Stuck In BSOD and can't enter safe mode.

Stuck In BSOD and can't enter safe mode.: I had windows 10 education on my computer when I bought it. It would not let me customize anything so I erased it and put on a Windows 10 Home. Now when I boot it goes to the BSOD with error codes 0xc000021a and it keeps rebooting. I tried unplugging everything and switched...
  10. Stuck In BSOD and can't enter safe mode.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging