Windows 10: Can’t get out of s mode

Discus and support Can’t get out of s mode in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I got a new hp laptop yesterday and was able to switch it out of s mode and everything was working fine, but today in the morning it had an update and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TitoChar, May 29, 2020.

1. Can’t get out of s mode

I got a new hp laptop yesterday and was able to switch it out of s mode and everything was working fine, but today in the morning it had an update and it was back into s mode for some reason. Now whenever I try to switch it out of s mode, it tells me to try again later. I’ve tried restarting the laptop and other things but nothing is working

submitted by /u/TitoChar
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TitoChar, May 29, 2020

2. New FF - passwords

Hi:

If that setting is already enabled, then I suggest as the next troubleshooting step might be Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)):

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

• Please report back and let us know the outcome, as it will dictate the next steps.
    • Also: please tell us what AV/AM/firewall programs are you running on this system?

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, May 29, 2020
  3. jmcslob Win User
    2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

Hey Fits

Can you list a few helpful hints for T ski ,maybe a step by step how to OR what to look out for*Cool Can’t get out of s mode :cool:

jmcslob, May 29, 2020
  4. jmcslob Win User

Can’t get out of s mode

2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

T ski b4 your done with this post can you list a step by step fix of what you did, I would appreciate it if you would...Thanks

jmcslob, May 29, 2020
Thema:

Can’t get out of s mode

1. Can’t get out of s mode - Similar Threads - Can’t mode

2. I can’t boot up safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can’t boot up safe mode: After I accidentally deleted a file in system 32, I think it was windows.applicationmode.dll everything started flickering so as a reaction I turned it off and now all I see is a back screen with a mouse and the reason I can’t get to safe mode is because it won’t let me turn...
  3. I can’t boot up safe mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can’t boot up safe mode: After I accidentally deleted a file in system 32, I think it was windows.applicationmode.dll everything started flickering so as a reaction I turned it off and now all I see is a back screen with a mouse and the reason I can’t get to safe mode is because it won’t let me turn...
  4. Can’t get out of safe mode - safe mode boots to command prompt line. Help?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t get out of safe mode - safe mode boots to command prompt line. Help?: I suspected my pc had malware on it so I changed the boot settings in msconfig to safe boot and alternate shell. When I login on safe mode, the only thing displayed is a system32 command prompt. When I exit out of the command prompt the only thing displayed is a black screen....
  5. Can’t get out of safe mode - safe mode boots to command prompt line. Help?

Can’t get out of safe mode - safe mode boots to command prompt line. Help?: I suspected my pc had malware on it so I changed the boot settings in msconfig to safe boot and alternate shell. When I login on safe mode, the only thing displayed is a system32 command prompt. When I exit out of the command prompt the only thing displayed is a black screen....
  6. Can’t get out of safe mode - safe mode boots to command prompt line. Help?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Can’t authorise non-Store apps although not in Windows 11 S mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t authorise non-Store apps although not in Windows 11 S mode: On a laptop running the latest version of Windows 11 Home. Trying to install external app but Windows not allowing as not a Microsoft app. No option appearing in Apps>Advanced App Settings to allow apps from anywhere. This implies we’re in S mode but when we try to switch out...
  8. Can’t authorise non-Store apps although not in Windows 11 S mode

Can’t authorise non-Store apps although not in Windows 11 S mode: On a laptop running the latest version of Windows 11 Home. Trying to install external app but Windows not allowing as not a Microsoft app. No option appearing in Apps>Advanced App Settings to allow apps from anywhere. This implies we’re in S mode but when we try to switch out...
  9. I’m stuck in safe mode and I can’t get out of it, it won’t let to pin account login due to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I’m stuck in safe mode and I can’t get out of it, it won’t let to pin account login due to...: I went to uninstall and reinstall some graphics drivers, when I uninstalled them I accidentally pressed “go into safe mode” when installing the graphics drivers.. I’ve done this before in the past but it let me login into the account that had the pin to get out of safe mode....
  10. I’m stuck in safe mode and I can’t get out of it, it won’t let to pin account login due to...

I’m stuck in safe mode and I can’t get out of it, it won’t let to pin account login due to...: I went to uninstall and reinstall some graphics drivers, when I uninstalled them I accidentally pressed “go into safe mode” when installing the graphics drivers.. I’ve done this before in the past but it let me login into the account that had the pin to get out of safe mode....