Windows 10: Can't get out of S Mode

Discus and support Can't get out of S Mode in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I went on Microsoft Store to get switch out of S Mode and it doesn't let. Tried multiple times and also got help from people but still, nothing worked.... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by LeslyTorrez, Aug 8, 2020.

1. Can't get out of S Mode

I went on Microsoft Store to get switch out of S Mode and it doesn't let. Tried multiple times and also got help from people but still, nothing worked. Another problem is that an error keeps popping up on my screen Error status 0xc0e90002 something about Antivirus. This only pops up when I want to go on Microsoft Edge.

:)

LeslyTorrez, Aug 8, 2020
  2. boweasel Win User

Can't Get Out of S mode

Yeah, same script I tried to follow, but I never get the screen under Step #3.

boweasel, Aug 8, 2020
  3. Switching out of S Mode

I am having trouble switching my laptop out of S Mode. I went through the steps that are listed, and the Windows Store is updated and it won't let me click Get when you go to the screen to switch out of S mode.

ChelseaSmith3, Aug 8, 2020
  4. Can't get out of S Mode

Can't switch out from Windows 10 S mode

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are unable to switch from Windows 10 S to Windows 10 home/Pro Version. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the error message you are getting?
    • Are you using a school/university account to sign in to the Microsoft store
    • Are you connected to a domain/organization network?

Windows 10 in S mode is designed for security and performance, exclusively running apps from the Microsoft Store. If you want to install an app that isn't available in the Microsoft Store, you'll need to switch out of S mode. Switching
    out of S mode is one-way. If you make the switch, you won't be able to go back to Windows 10 in S mode. There's no charge to switch out of S mode. Please refer the below article:

Switching out of S mode in Windows 10

Windows 10 in S mode FAQ

Meanwhile you can perform these steps and check.

Step 1: Try resetting the Microsoft Store and see if that helps.

1. Press Windows key + R. This will open Run. Alternatively, you can go to Start and search for ‘Run
    2. In Run dialog box, type ‘wsreset’ and hit enter.

Note:
    A blank Command Prompt window will open, and after about ten seconds the window will close and Microsoft Store will open automatically.

Step 2: Run the Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter: Select the
    Start button, and then select Settings>Update & Security
    > Troubleshoot, and then from the list select Windows Store apps > Run the troubleshooter.

Step 3: Sign out, and sign in again to the Microsoft Store and check if you are able to Switch out of S mode.

1. Open Microsoft Store, click on the profile icon and select
      Sign out.
    2. Now, click on the profile icon again and select
      sign in
    3. Follow the on-screen instructions and sign in with the account.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Aug 8, 2020
Thema:

Can't get out of S Mode

1. Can't get out of S Mode - Similar Threads - Can't Mode

2. Bitlocker can't start recovery mode due to missing intel RST driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker can't start recovery mode due to missing intel RST driver: Hi,We have a situation in which the user entered the wrong PIN code too many times.Therefor, bitlocker logged "device lock recovery event initiated for volume C:".Then the user rebooted the laptop and it showed a Dell logo with "Preparing bitlocker recovery...".I expected...
  3. Bitlocker can't start recovery mode due to missing intel RST driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker can't start recovery mode due to missing intel RST driver: Hi,We have a situation in which the user entered the wrong PIN code too many times.Therefor, bitlocker logged "device lock recovery event initiated for volume C:".Then the user rebooted the laptop and it showed a Dell logo with "Preparing bitlocker recovery...".I expected...
  4. Bitlocker can't start recovery mode due to missing intel RST driver

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. My 7.1 headset is in stereo mode and I can't change it, how do I fix it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My 7.1 headset is in stereo mode and I can't change it, how do I fix it?: This is my SUPERFRAME ODIN 7.1 headset, I tried downloading the application from it but it didn't work either. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-71-headset-is-in-stereo-mode-and-i-cant-change/0657b2d3-f0fa-44b8-b0c8-3872ab009050
  6. My 7.1 headset is in stereo mode and I can't change it, how do I fix it?

My 7.1 headset is in stereo mode and I can't change it, how do I fix it?: This is my SUPERFRAME ODIN 7.1 headset, I tried downloading the application from it but it didn't work either. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-71-headset-is-in-stereo-mode-and-i-cant-change/0657b2d3-f0fa-44b8-b0c8-3872ab009050
  7. Can't log into Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't log into Safe Mode: I'm able to restart my computer into Safe Mode, and then it gets to the Sign-in screen. The text cursor blinks to put in my password, but then stops blinking after a few seconds and I'm not able to type anything. My mouse cursor doesn't show up and nothing works. It's almost...
  8. Can't log into Safe Mode

Can't log into Safe Mode: I'm able to restart my computer into Safe Mode, and then it gets to the Sign-in screen. The text cursor blinks to put in my password, but then stops blinking after a few seconds and I'm not able to type anything. My mouse cursor doesn't show up and nothing works. It's almost...
  9. I can't switch out of S mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't switch out of S mode: I do all process to switch s mode and don't work. Appears a message that the can right now.* Changed to a question https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-switch-out-of-s-mode/ff06c2cc-0267-407a-8b3c-4566b8488276
  10. I can't switch out of S mode

I can't switch out of S mode: I do all process to switch s mode and don't work. Appears a message that the can right now.* Changed to a question https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-switch-out-of-s-mode/ff06c2cc-0267-407a-8b3c-4566b8488276