Windows 10: Can't get out of safe mode.

Discus and support Can't get out of safe mode. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My mouse cursor was stuttering across the screen and I couldn't fix it, I had to do a full clean reboot of my computer. When I tried to log in, it came... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JackoUV, Oct 29, 2018.

1. JackoUV Win User

Can't get out of safe mode.

My mouse cursor was stuttering across the screen and I couldn't fix it, I had to do a full clean reboot of my computer. When I tried to log in, it came up with "Other User". I went into safe mode to add a profile and then I accidentally went into the advanced options and couldn't get out, so I had to restart my computer again. Next thing I know, it logs me into safe mode and I can't run anything. Task Manager doesn't work nor msconfig. When I run msconfig, it comes up with an error saying, "This device is not ready." Please help, thanks.

:)

JackoUV, Oct 29, 2018

2. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Oct 29, 2018
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Stuck in safe mode in windows 10

Safe mode is intended to help fix most, if not all problems within an operating system, it's not good if we got stuck on it. To correct this, we suggest that you follow the steps below to exit out of Safe mode:

• Open Run command by pressing Windows key + R
      keys on the keyboard and type msconfig in the command box and press
      Enter.
    • Under General tab, put a check on Normal Startup option.
    • Reboot the system and check if the changes are effective.

Let us know if you are able to exit out of Safe mode with these steps.

Xylee Del, Oct 29, 2018
  4. Can't get out of safe mode.

Boot into Safe Mode on Windows 10  

I am stuck in Safe Mode in spite of following all the suggested steps to go back to Normal Startup - Like opening file location of msconfig.exe & running as Administrator. The computer I am trying to get out of safe mode has just been updated from Windows 7.

GreatWhiteNorth, Oct 29, 2018
Thema:

Can't get out of safe mode.

1. Can't get out of safe mode. - Similar Threads - Can't safe mode

2. Can't get out of safe mode no reset features.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't get out of safe mode no reset features.: My computer is stuck in safe mode, no matter what I turn off. It doesn't allow me to use my pin as it says "setup my pin" while I already have one also a store notification pops up asking me to search for app in the store. I can't reset my pc because there is only 2 options....
  3. Can't get out of safe mode no reset features.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't get out of safe mode no reset features.: My computer is stuck in safe mode, no matter what I turn off. It doesn't allow me to use my pin as it says "setup my pin" while I already have one also a store notification pops up asking me to search for app in the store. I can't reset my pc because there is only 2 options....
  4. Can't Get Out of Safe Mode; Can't Log In

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't Get Out of Safe Mode; Can't Log In: Hi, I hope someone can help, because I'm at my wits' end. I have an HP Specter x360 laptop running Windows 10 I was having a problem with my space bar and the suggestion was made in an HP forum that I boot into Safe Mode. I did so, but now I can't get out. When I try to log...
  5. Can't Get Out of Safe Mode; Can't Log In

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Get Out of Safe Mode; Can't Log In: Hi, I hope someone can help, because I'm at my wits' end. I have an HP Specter x360 laptop running Windows 10 I was having a problem with my space bar and the suggestion was made in an HP forum that I boot into Safe Mode. I did so, but now I can't get out. When I try to log...
  6. Can't Get Out of Safe Mode; Can't Log In

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Can't get out of Safe Mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't get out of Safe Mode: I can't get out of the Safe Mode because I don’t remember the password. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-get-out-of-safe-mode/22da0342-1610-4ab9-800c-fe4af0d90eb4
  8. Can't get windows 10 out of safe mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't get windows 10 out of safe mode: I lost the internet wifi and rebooted and the screen was in safe mode with this windows update: Microsoft RWindowR Build 18362.19h1_release.190318-1202 this is written across the top of the screen along with an icon on my desktop referring to the same update. I've tried to...
  9. can't get out of safe mode, stuck

in Windows 10 Customization
    can't get out of safe mode, stuck: I used msconfig to get into safe mode, now I can't get out, keeps asking for password, will not take it, same password used for this site so password is good. I found this, but cannot get it to work..https://youtu.be/j0JZgGFkU-I, after booting from my flash drive and...
  10. can't get out of safe mode

in Windows 10 Support
    can't get out of safe mode: Hello, I was having trouble with a usb drive and found a tutorial that suggested I go into safe mode to fix it. Due to there not being an F8 boot command screen any more I had to go into msconfig to change how the computer starts up.. which is now set to safe mode. So i'm...