Windows 10: Can't get passed lock screen to enter password

Discus and support Can't get passed lock screen to enter password in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Today I turned on my laptop running windows 10, and when i got to the lock screen with the time displayed, it would not open to let me enter my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JeremySimpson2, Aug 17, 2019.

1. Can't get passed lock screen to enter password

Today I turned on my laptop running windows 10, and when i got to the lock screen with the time displayed, it would not open to let me enter my password. Everytime i hit a key or click the mouse it moves the screen up like it is going to let me enter my password, but then it jumps back down and doesnt allow me to go any further than that. I tried rebooting it several times, ran a diagnostics repair, tried to get it into safe mode but that just got stuck at the loading screen. I also tried recovering from a recent backup but it said there were none avaliable. I was wondering if theres any other measures i can take before having to just reset the whole computer?

:)

JeremySimpson2, Aug 17, 2019

2. Windows 10 stuck at lock screen, unable to enter password

Hi Aaron,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Please do let us know the following to understand the issue and assist you better:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Are you trying to log-in using Microsoft account or local account?
    • Are you trying to enter pin or password?

Assuming that this issue might be because of keyboard, I suggest you to use on-screen keyboard from the lock screen and check if it helps.

Steps: From the lock screen, click on Ease of access and click on On-screen keyboard.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information. We will be happy to assist you further accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 17, 2019
  3. change the lock screen password

Hi Eric,

Let us resolve you concern regarding on how you can change your lock screen password. We suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key; then, select Settings.
    • Click Accounts; then, Sign-In Options.
    • Tap the Change button in the Password section.
    • Re-enter your password; then, create a new password.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Aug 17, 2019
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Can't get passed lock screen to enter password

Windows 10 lock screen password

We appreciate the details that you've provided. We suggest that you remove the lock screen password by following the steps below:

• On the Windows search bar, type in Netplwiz and select the top most result.This window gives you access to Windows user accounts and many password controls.
    • Right at the top is a checkmark next to the option labeled Users must enter a username and password to use this computer.
      Uncheck that.
    • Click Apply and it will prompt you for your current password. Enter it twice. The next time you reboot, or your PC wakes up from a nap, you’ll no longer need to type in your password.

Let us know the results.

Xylee Del, Aug 17, 2019
Thema:

Can't get passed lock screen to enter password

1. Can't get passed lock screen to enter password - Similar Threads - Can't passed lock

2. Bug? Can't get past Welcome Screen to enter my Password.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bug? Can't get past Welcome Screen to enter my Password.: So, I have an HP Laptop running Windows 11 that has been perfectly fine until just a few days ago. I bought it brand new only a year ago. I had an update, which required a restart. After I restarted, it brought up the usual Welcome Screen with the clock, and then the power...
  3. Bug? Can't get past Welcome Screen to enter my Password.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bug? Can't get past Welcome Screen to enter my Password.: So, I have an HP Laptop running Windows 11 that has been perfectly fine until just a few days ago. I bought it brand new only a year ago. I had an update, which required a restart. After I restarted, it brought up the usual Welcome Screen with the clock, and then the power...
  4. I can't get pass this bsod screen even though I enter my correct password word it shows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't get pass this bsod screen even though I enter my correct password word it shows...: One day when I turned on my pc suddenly I got bsod screen and I tried to restart many times but couldn't get passed it . And when I tried to use safe recovery option I tried to login but it shows incorrect password even though I know it's my password and I checked , and I...
  5. I can't get pass this bsod screen even though I enter my correct password word it shows...

I can't get pass this bsod screen even though I enter my correct password word it shows...: One day when I turned on my pc suddenly I got bsod screen and I tried to restart many times but couldn't get passed it . And when I tried to use safe recovery option I tried to login but it shows incorrect password even though I know it's my password and I checked , and I...
  6. I can't get pass this bsod screen even though I enter my correct password word it shows...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. can't get computer to show or enter passwords

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't get computer to show or enter passwords: Computer not performing any auto-sign ins when going to a different program Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-get-computer-to-show-or-enter-passwords/41aec91b-c749-474d-b176-329ac9aa3f23
  8. can't get computer to show or enter passwords

can't get computer to show or enter passwords: Computer not performing any auto-sign ins when going to a different program Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-get-computer-to-show-or-enter-passwords/41aec91b-c749-474d-b176-329ac9aa3f23
  9. Can't get passed screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't get passed screen: Every time I log in, this screen appears. It hard enough to even attempt to log in, its very slow, and just happened randomly. And after the screen without turning off, it says it cannot find a boot, or something, I'm just very confused. And, yes. I've gone to the link...
  10. Blank Lock Screen Password Entering Window

in Windows 10 Customization
    Blank Lock Screen Password Entering Window: [IMG] My laptop sometimes experiences this blank passwird entering window.it is hapening wheni opened laptop after i sleep it.it occurs sometimes.how can i fix this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. enter password ?