Windows 10: can't get password for old hot mail account

Discus and support can't get password for old hot mail account in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; password for account has a recovery phone number from a cell phone that i haven't had for a while should be dead, but i called that number today, it... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by EricSmith_01, Aug 8, 2020.

1. can't get password for old hot mail account

password for account has a recovery phone number from a cell phone that i haven't had for a while should be dead, but i called that number today, it rang no one picked up, however, microsoft told me i didn't give them enough info to get into the account. it was open on one of my cell phones, but do to hackers i factory reset the phone and now i can't get it back.. It was on a laptop 1st with all my movies i purchased from microsoft along with many A+ certification courses. What should i do? They could be impersonnating me. can any body help me.....Please

:)

EricSmith_01, Aug 8, 2020
  2. Marechan Win User

Windows Mail - Adding an imap account

Hello,

So, I want to link my work mail account to the desktop app and no matter what I always end up having a "Can't get mail" message below my account.

Step by step, here's what I'm doing :

1. Under Account, select Add Account
    2. In the popup, choose Advanced setup and then Internet Mail (pop or pmap)
    3. Fill in the form following my mail specifications
    4. Hit Sign In
    5. The account is added but "can't get mail"
    6. Clicking it opens a window where I see Username and Password. The later being way longer than what I typed earlier.
    7. If I change the Password it reset to what it was.

NB : I checked the infos I entered in step 3.

NB2 : Do I have to write the ports somewhere during config?

Any help would be very appreciated.

Regards,

Marechan, Aug 8, 2020
  3. Vario Win User
    Lost password on an Old Account, any way to merge accounts?

Hi Guys,

I posted here as Vario back in 2005-2008. Subsequently no longer have my college email address and do not remember the password I used for the Vario account. I can't request the reset be sent because I don't have access to the college email anymore. The University deletes the old accounts after graduation.

Any way I can merge these two accounts? I can try to provide proof that I own that account if you want but not sure how. The last time I logged in was in 2008 so its been quite some time.

I can keep trying old passwords to get in but the site popped up a warning after I did it too frequently.

Thanks.

Vario, Aug 8, 2020
  4. Vario Win User

can't get password for old hot mail account

Lost password on an Old Account, any way to merge accounts?

1) I hope I haven't broken the rules
    2) I created a new account because I couldn't remember the password to the old one
    3) Not sure. I like the 2005 reg date in a vanity sense and I was doing some lookup stuff with that account to trouble shoot my friend's pc (friend bought my old opteron / 7800GT rig) back in 2009.

Okay its probably hopeless then. *Frown can't get password for old  hot mail account :(.

Vario, Aug 8, 2020
Thema:

can't get password for old hot mail account

1. can't get password for old hot mail account - Similar Threads - can't password old

2. Can't get rid of an old work account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't get rid of an old work account: I had a work Exchange account which I used on my personal laptop for OneDrive, Outlook, Teams, etc. I no longer work there and I can't access the account. But try as I might I can't get rid of all the traces of it. It took me a long time to work out how to stop the...
  3. Can't get rid of an old work account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't get rid of an old work account: I had a work Exchange account which I used on my personal laptop for OneDrive, Outlook, Teams, etc. I no longer work there and I can't access the account. But try as I might I can't get rid of all the traces of it. It took me a long time to work out how to stop the...
  4. I can't get a password reset e-mail for my Microsoft account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I can't get a password reset e-mail for my Microsoft account: Trying to log into Minecraft and it says my password is incorrect. I sent a request to update it and it said it would send me an email. There is no email, I've checked spam, trash, everything. It just doesn't come....
  5. I can't get a password reset e-mail for my Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't get a password reset e-mail for my Microsoft account: Trying to log into Minecraft and it says my password is incorrect. I sent a request to update it and it said it would send me an email. There is no email, I've checked spam, trash, everything. It just doesn't come....
  6. I can't get a password reset e-mail for my Microsoft account

7. Mail Account Passwords

Mail Account Passwords: I am attempting to enter email accounts on another device. When I try to get the passwords from the Mail account in windows 10, all I get is 16 dots. Is there a way to view what these passwords actually are?...
  8. hot mail

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    hot mail: I want to remove/delete Hotmail from computer, it has ever been used and is a pest, can this be done? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hot-mail/2602690e-4b7b-4e78-863e-5e83d35e7211
  9. spam..hot mail..

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    spam..hot mail..: just a question .. why is Microsoft leaving up to the user to sort out junk mail ..up to 200 a day . nothing stops them ..and seeing scary stories on line about updates and windows 10 being pretty bad for security ..Microsoft tech..remote took over my pc and even after 2...
  10. Hot mail

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hot mail: I had to reboot my phone and im still deleting emails from 2 years ago , why are they being saved and not gotten rid of, and destroyed ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hot-mail/92782f60-88c2-418f-898d-a7b87a4ad82a