Windows 10: Can't Get Past "Automatic Repair"

Discus and support Can't Get Past "Automatic Repair" in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Last week I downloaded some HP Updates that were available (something to do with graphics, possibly one to do with audio. Not sure.) Then I got a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KayLG612, Mar 2, 2019.

1. KayLG612 Win User

Can't Get Past "Automatic Repair"

Last week I downloaded some HP Updates that were available (something to do with graphics, possibly one to do with audio. Not sure.) Then I got a series of blue screens. First said "Stop Code: KERNEL SECURITY CHECK FAILURE". Then, "Stop Code: DRIVER VERIFIER DETECTED VIOLATION". A few fixes found online were tried. Since then I cannot get past this blue screen :"Automatic Repair couldn't repair your PC...Log file C:\WINDOWS\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt"

I'm running Windows 10. Any step by step instructions to try and fix this would be greatly appreciated!!

:)

KayLG612, Mar 2, 2019

2. Automatic Repair Loop

Hi Charlene,

Your concern regarding the device going into an Automatic Repair Loop can be caused by change on its settings/configuration or broken system files. To effectively assist you with your concern, can confirm if you've made any changes on your device prior to
    your concern?

As an initial step to get back into the normal Windows screen, we suggest that you perform a
    Startup repair. The repair will attempt to fix any broken components/files which may prevent your device from booting properly. To do this, follow the steps below:

• On theAutomatic Repair screen, select Advanced options.
    • Select Troubleshoot.
    • Select Advanced options.
    • Select Startup Repair.

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

Darwin Dim, Mar 2, 2019
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    Windows10 Automatic Repair

Hi,

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted system files that are not letting the operating system to perform repair and boot to the desktop.

We would like to know some information:

• Have you tried booting in
      Safe Mode
      ? If not, we suggest that you try it. Check this article for information.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far? We need to know it for us to know what other troubleshooting steps to give.

You can check the troubleshooting steps provided by Deepika Gowda on this

link

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, Mar 2, 2019
  4. Can't Get Past "Automatic Repair"

Surface Book Automatic Repair Issue

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

Provide us the following details in order to assist you better.

• How did you perform the Automatic repair? Did you use a DVD to perform it or via desktop?
    If you perform via desktop then I suggest you to boot your device using installation media.

I suggest you to perform the startup repair using the Windows 10 installation media from the below link and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/media-creation-tool-install

Boot from the Windows 10 installation media and then perform automatic repair and check if it helps.

Follow the steps to perform Automatic repair:

• Insert installation media and restart the computer.
    • Select language and click on Next.
    • Select Repair your Computer and click on Skip this drive.
    • Select Troubleshoot and click on Advanced Options.
    Here choose the option Automatic Repair and follow the prompted instructions.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you

Divya Murugan, Mar 2, 2019
Thema:

Can't Get Past "Automatic Repair"

1. Can't Get Past "Automatic Repair" - Similar Threads - Can't Past Automatic

2. Windows can't get past system repair

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows can't get past system repair: When I boot windows it takes me to a blue screen, with an error code saying "THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED". Then it takes me back to the boot screen with the manufacturer logo and tells me it's starting up system repair, then takes me to a different blue screen and tells me...
  3. Windows can't get past system repair

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows can't get past system repair: When I boot windows it takes me to a blue screen, with an error code saying "THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED". Then it takes me back to the boot screen with the manufacturer logo and tells me it's starting up system repair, then takes me to a different blue screen and tells me...
  4. Windows can't get past system repair

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Automatic Repair Loop - Cannot Get Past Login Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic Repair Loop - Cannot Get Past Login Screen: Hello, Recently Windows ran an automatic update on my system Dell Inspiron 3847 and when it restarted the system never got past the boot screen. Looking up troubleshooting methods on my tablet I was able to do a system restore but when the system restarted, once again I...
  6. Can't get to automatic repair

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't get to automatic repair: Hey thereYesterday, when I booted up my laptop to upload some files, I got a bluescreen saying "UNMOUNTABLE BOOT VOLUME", then it restarted. Alright, I get a little pissed but wait, computer restarts and I see the Windows logo with the tekst starting automatic repair. Then...
  7. Can't get to automatic repair

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't get to automatic repair: Hey thereYesterday, when I booted up my laptop to upload some files, I got a bluescreen saying "UNMOUNTABLE BOOT VOLUME", then it restarted. Alright, I get a little pissed but wait, computer restarts and I see the Windows logo with the tekst starting automatic repair. Then...
  8. Can't get to automatic repair

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Can't boot past Automatic Repair

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't boot past Automatic Repair: Hello there,I'm having an issue where I am unable to boot into Windows. Upon powering up my PC, it loads the mobo splash screen, shuts off, then says "Preparing Automatic Repair". I'm then taken to the Automatic Repair screen where I have attempted all the most popular fixes...
  10. Cant get past "automatic repairs".. please help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cant get past "automatic repairs".. please help: Hi so my computer tried fixing some files before starting up, don't know why theres not been any issues Now I'm brought to a screen with options, choosing "exit and continue to windows 10" brings me right back, the others involve wiping the computer or reinstalling windows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant get past automatic repair screen

2. cant get passes automatic repair screen