Windows 10: Cant get past "automatic repairs".. please help

Discus and support Cant get past "automatic repairs".. please help in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi so my computer tried fixing some files before starting up, don't know why theres not been any issues Now I'm brought to a screen with options,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MistaBobMarley, Dec 16, 2020.

1. Cant get past "automatic repairs".. please help

Hi so my computer tried fixing some files before starting up, don't know why theres not been any issues

Now I'm brought to a screen with options, choosing "exit and continue to windows 10" brings me right back, the others involve wiping the computer or reinstalling windows and I cant stress enough how much I do not want to do that...

I dont know what to do... can anyone help? Please

submitted by /u/MistaBobMarley
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/MistaBobMarley, Dec 16, 2020

2. HELP! Windows 10 automatic repair couldn't repair PC. Details below

Hi Matthew,

As you are facing issue withAutomatic Repair, we would assist you for sure.

In order to understand the issue in a better manner, please share the following details

• I tried system restore” What is the error exact error message you received?

If automatic repair fails, you may try to repair them using these commands through Command Prompt under Advanced Options. Follow the steps:

Since you have done most of the troubleshooting steps, I would suggest you to try repairing the Boot Configuration Data through the command prompt by following the steps below and check if it helps.

I suggest you re-built the boot record by following the below commands and check if it helps.

You will have to use Windows 10 installation media to follow the steps to boot into Recovery Environment and try to rebuild BCD.

Step 1: I suggest you to create an installation media for
    Windows 10 using the media creation tool:

Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool

Step 2: After preparing the installation media, insert it hard reboot the device and follow the below:

• Boot into Windows Recovery Environment using the Windows 10 installation media.
    • Click on Repair your computer.
    • Click on Troubleshoot and in the advanced options.
    • Select Command Prompt. Type the following commands into the prompt and press Enter key after each command.

• bootrec /fixmbr

• bootrec /fixboot

• bootrec /scanos

• bootrec /rebuildbcd
    5. Restart the computer.

NOTE: Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting
    from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Vidyashree_C, Dec 16, 2020
  3. ram93 Win User
    laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Dec 16, 2020
  4. Cant get past "automatic repairs".. please help

Surface Book Automatic Repair Issue

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

Provide us the following details in order to assist you better.

• How did you perform the Automatic repair? Did you use a DVD to perform it or via desktop?
    If you perform via desktop then I suggest you to boot your device using installation media.

I suggest you to perform the startup repair using the Windows 10 installation media from the below link and check if it helps.

Windows 10 herunterladen

Boot from the Windows 10 installation media and then perform automatic repair and check if it helps.

Follow the steps to perform Automatic repair:

• Insert installation media and restart the computer.
    • Select language and click on Next.
    • Select Repair your Computer and click on Skip this drive.
    • Select Troubleshoot and click on Advanced Options.
    Here choose the option Automatic Repair and follow the prompted instructions.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you

Divya Murugan, Dec 16, 2020
Thema:

Cant get past "automatic repairs".. please help

1. Cant get past "automatic repairs".. please help - Similar Threads - Cant past automatic

2. please help with this Automatic Repair, you can not get everything out, please help with.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    please help with this Automatic Repair, you can not get everything out, please help with.: please help with this Automatic Repair, can not get out of everything, please help with the chunadigans. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-help-with-this-automatic-repair-you-can-not/d81ae339-49f5-42f6-ba41-6fbf939098ea
  3. please help with this Automatic Repair, you can not get everything out, please help with.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    please help with this Automatic Repair, you can not get everything out, please help with.: please help with this Automatic Repair, can not get out of everything, please help with the chunadigans. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-help-with-this-automatic-repair-you-can-not/d81ae339-49f5-42f6-ba41-6fbf939098ea
  4. please help with this Automatic Repair, you can not get everything out, please help with.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can I get help with this “Preparing Automatic Repair” loop please?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I get help with this “Preparing Automatic Repair” loop please?: I’m using Windows computer but I am stuck in this “Preparing Automatic Repair” loop but I also can’t seem to use my keyboard or mouse at all when this is happening. I’ve restarted, shutdown, and unplugged my computer too many times to count so I’m lost. Can I please get help...
  6. Can I get help with this “Preparing Automatic Repair” loop please?

Can I get help with this “Preparing Automatic Repair” loop please?: I’m using Windows computer but I am stuck in this “Preparing Automatic Repair” loop but I also can’t seem to use my keyboard or mouse at all when this is happening. I’ve restarted, shutdown, and unplugged my computer too many times to count so I’m lost. Can I please get help...
  7. Automatic Repair Loop - Cannot Get Past Login Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic Repair Loop - Cannot Get Past Login Screen: Hello, Recently Windows ran an automatic update on my system Dell Inspiron 3847 and when it restarted the system never got past the boot screen. Looking up troubleshooting methods on my tablet I was able to do a system restore but when the system restarted, once again I...
  8. Automatic Repair Loop - Cannot Get Past Login Screen

Automatic Repair Loop - Cannot Get Past Login Screen: Hello, Recently Windows ran an automatic update on my system Dell Inspiron 3847 and when it restarted the system never got past the boot screen. Looking up troubleshooting methods on my tablet I was able to do a system restore but when the system restarted, once again I...
  9. Automatic repair loop - Please help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Automatic repair loop - Please help: My laptop froze and crashed then went into automatic repair but it keeps saying it failed showing Log file:C:\windows\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt submitted by /u/ItsJustWill98 [link] [comments]...
  10. Can't Get Past "Automatic Repair"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't Get Past "Automatic Repair": Last week I downloaded some HP Updates that were available (something to do with graphics, possibly one to do with audio. Not sure.) Then I got a series of blue screens. First said "Stop Code: KERNEL SECURITY CHECK FAILURE". Then, "Stop Code: DRIVER VERIFIER DETECTED...