Windows 10: Can't get past BIOS

Discus and support Can't get past BIOS in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My PC was working fine yesterday and I relocated apartments, and after that I cant get past BIOS. I have 2.5 SATA Samsung EVO 500GB and 3.5 SATA WD 1... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bbjlfvr, May 10, 2020.

1. bbjlfvr Win User

Can't get past BIOS

My PC was working fine yesterday and I relocated apartments, and after that I cant get past BIOS. I have 2.5 SATA Samsung EVO 500GB and 3.5 SATA WD 1 TB; MSI Z270 SLI PLUS; i5 7600K; 2x8GB 3000mhz Corsair Vengeance LPX. Everything is plug

-When I power-off/restart my computer it goes straight to BIOS, I can still make changes, it sees my 2 drives (SSD & HDD) I tried both boot option menu (UEFI & UEFI/Legacy combined) - When I select UEFI and set boot priority 1 to UEFI Hard Disk (Which the Win 10 OS was installed and worked) and F10 to save and restart it loops again to BIOS menu.

-When I select UEFI/Legacy and go to BBS menu I can see my Drivers (SSD & HDD) both enabled and recognized by the BIOS, and set boot priority 1 to UEFI Hard Disk: Samsung EVO 860 500GB SSD. But when I hit F10 save and restart it goes black screen saying 'Reboot and Select proper Boot device or insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press any key..'

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

I read, watched everything and changed the settings according to those fix. Things I did and failed:
    1. F6 to change BIOS to optimized (default setting); disabled secure boot, disabled fast boot
    2. Updated BIOS (downloaded latest BIOS from official MSI website, formatted my usb flash drive to FAT32 and unzipped BIOS, copied to root folder)
    3. Cleared CMOS
    4. Changed CMOS battery
    5. I can't go to Advanced System Repair menu of Win that has different repair, start safe mode/command prompt etc options because I cant get passed the BIOS.

If my SSD is damaged while moving, will I be even to turn on my computer and BIOS recognize my Samsung 860 EVO 500GB (which it does recognize)? What could be the problem? Please help. Driving me insane and have lots of work to do...Thanks, cheers.

:)

bbjlfvr, May 10, 2020

2. bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, May 10, 2020
  3. Powercolor RX480 BIOS required

Find the unverified bios option.

eidairaman1, May 10, 2020
  4. Can't get past BIOS

AMD A10-6800K 4.1GHz Quad Core Overclocking possibility

Thanks, have heard this before...is their a step by step procedure to OC using the bios settings you suggest.
    i don’t intend pushing this to its limit...but some increase would be great, any suggestions on a good air cooler ?

thanks

reddwarf4ever, May 10, 2020
Thema:

Can't get past BIOS

1. Can't get past BIOS - Similar Threads - Can't past BIOS

2. Can't get to bios

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't get to bios: Have managed to reinstall windows from a USB took ages for it to recognise it but now it has installed I restarted the computer and can't even get to bios now have tried removing cmos waiting 10 mins putting it back in, took the m.2 out still nothing can't even get to bios...
  3. Can't get to bios

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't get to bios: Have managed to reinstall windows from a USB took ages for it to recognise it but now it has installed I restarted the computer and can't even get to bios now have tried removing cmos waiting 10 mins putting it back in, took the m.2 out still nothing can't even get to bios...
  4. PC won't get past BIOS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC won't get past BIOS: Hello!I've been having an issue that my PC keeps restarting and not being able to boot windows from the M.2 or boot windows installer from the USB.Whenever it starts booting it restarts the PC and then after the restart the boot freezes, or it starts repairing and ends with...
  5. PC won't get past BIOS

PC won't get past BIOS: Hello!I've been having an issue that my PC keeps restarting and not being able to boot windows from the M.2 or boot windows installer from the USB.Whenever it starts booting it restarts the PC and then after the restart the boot freezes, or it starts repairing and ends with...
  6. PC won't get past BIOS

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Can't get into BIOS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't get into BIOS: Hello, I've run into this problem. Until recently, my laptop Acer nitro 5 an515-44 had two operating systems windows and linux. At one point, due to my stupidity, I cleared the partition in which there was linux, later I needed to go into the BIOS, but when it is turned on,...
  8. Can't get into BIOS

Can't get into BIOS: Hello, I've run into this problem. Until recently, my laptop Acer nitro 5 an515-44 had two operating systems windows and linux. At one point, due to my stupidity, I cleared the partition in which there was linux, later I needed to go into the BIOS, but when it is turned on,...
  9. Can’t get past bios

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can’t get past bios: Woke up today and pc bluescreened. Now I can’t get past the bios. It’s detecting all my drives. But won’t let me boot into them just takes me back to bios. Already tried to reseat everything and cleared the bios. Still nothing. Any help is extremely appreciated submitted by...
  10. Can't get into the Bios

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can't get into the Bios: I have a Gateway NE56R52u that I upgrade from Windows 7 Home to Windows 10 Home and I can't get into the Bios. I've been on google all afternoon and tried everything but no luck. I have a HP desktop that I upgrade from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro and I can get into the...