Windows 10: Cant get past "Choose You Keyboard " after auto update

Discus and support Cant get past "Choose You Keyboard " after auto update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Typically as I need to work today ,I cannot get past the screen after an update -Choose Your Keyboard " I have tried everything on the two screens... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DougGrout, Dec 28, 2020.

1. DougGrout Win User

Cant get past "Choose You Keyboard " after auto update

Typically as I need to work today ,I cannot get past the screen after an update -Choose Your Keyboard "

I have tried everything on the two screens that I can see , and it just keeps going around back to the Choose Your Keyboard screen !!

I am on another PC now but need my files !!!

:)

DougGrout, Dec 28, 2020

2. Security Updates auto installing and rebooting to Choose Keyboard Layout

Hi Glenny,

We want to know more about the issue you're having with the keyboard layout auto installing after security updates. Please answer the questions below:

• Can you tell us where did you purchase this PC?
    • What is the default language when it is auto installing the keyboard layout?

Your response will highly be appreciated.

Robert Caw, Dec 28, 2020
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Keyboard not working after Windows 10 Update

Hi,

Have you tried updating
    your mouse and keyboard driver? If not, we suggest you to do so. There is a possibility that the driver is not compatible with the new Windows 10 update. However, one
    of the workarounds that we suggest for your mouse and keyboard to work is to update the driver. If the symptom persist, you can run the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter. To run the Troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• On your search bar, type
      Troubleshooting.

• Change the view to
      View all.

• Choose
      Hardware and Devices
      and run the troubleshooter.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Dec 28, 2020
  4. Jorge Tan Win User

Keyboard Not working in Windows 10

Hi,

We would suggest you to update your keyboard driver. To update your keyboard driver, follow the steps below:

• Click the Start button, type "device manager" in the search box, and then select Device Manager.
    • In the list of hardware categories, look for Keyboards and then double-click it.
    • Click on the Keyboard tab and choose Update Driver, and then follow the instructions.

Let us know how it goes.

Jorge Tan, Dec 28, 2020
Thema:

1. Cant get past "Choose You Keyboard " after auto update - Similar Threads - Cant past Choose

2. Windows 11 Update Utility skipping past the "choose what you want to keep" screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Update Utility skipping past the "choose what you want to keep" screen.: Hi,So recently I've been trying to install Windows 11. I created a bootable USB using the ISO only to find out that it doesn't let you upgrade from it when you boot from it despite that being allowed since the XP days. I then decided to boot it from the setup application...
  3. Cant get newer update past 1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cant get newer update past 1903: Hi there, I hope someone could help me... I tried to update my windows 10 Pro, currently version 1903 OS Build 18362.1256. But when I press the check for update button, it said "You're up to date", but isnt that there is newer version?Thanks in advance for any assistance......
  4. After Update, i'm getting choose a keyboard layout and then advanced repair

After Update, i'm getting choose a keyboard layout and then advanced repair: So this is the second pc I've ran into with this issue. So after a recent update, i'm getting choose keyboard layout and when i choose US it takes me to advanced repair. I can choose use a different operating system but there's a windows rollback option, windows 10 volume 4,...
  5. Updated Drivers, Now Cant Get Past Loading Into Windows.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Updated Drivers, Now Cant Get Past Loading Into Windows.: Updated my drivers, restarted, and now I can’t get past the ‘Tuf Gaming’ screen. When I go into restart repair it asks for a password associated with my windows account. I use the right one but it says its wrong. Even checked my windows account on my phone, it’s all right....
  6. “Choose your keyboard” error after automatic windows update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    “Choose your keyboard” error after automatic windows update: Turned on my laptop this morning after I’m assuming it did windows updates overnight. Everything froze. Said it needed to restart, quoted a driver error at the bottom. Has been stuck in the “choose your keyboard” boot since. I’ve tried downloading the windows 10 media...
  7. Cant get past welcome screen to login after a windows 10 update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cant get past welcome screen to login after a windows 10 update: I have a 7 year old home build PC that has worked flawlessly for 7 years...even with windows 10. :) Last week I restarted it because i noticed my browser and a few apps running a bit slow and I had an update waiting on restart. Well after the restart it boots to the...
  8. Windows update cant get past 83 procent

Windows update cant get past 83 procent: I am trying to update to Windows 10 Insider Preview 18282.1000 (rs_prerelease) from Windows 10 Insider Preview 18277(rs_prerelease) The first time I tried it got to 63% completed and rebooted, the second time it got to 83% and rebooted and I am currently stuck at that. When...
  9. Cant get past login screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cant get past login screen: Computer has been working on win 10 for several months. Lately had problems with login screen. We have never used a password before. Now I cant do anything because it demands a password which I do not know. Incidentally I now see two users with same name. One user...
  10. Cannot get past date time screen after Windows 10 auto update.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot get past date time screen after Windows 10 auto update.: [img] 74807