Windows 10: Can't get past lock screen

Discus and support Can't get past lock screen in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi there- I can't log into my HP Windows 10 laptop, I haven't used it in a long time and can't find the password. I don't have the recovery disk it's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Sabraena, Sep 16, 2022.

1. Sabraena Win User

Can't get past lock screen

Hi there- I can't log into my HP Windows 10 laptop, I haven't used it in a long time and can't find the password. I don't have the recovery disk it's asking for so what do I do now? When I turn it on it comes up with my User ID populated prompting me for the password. Thanks

:)

Sabraena, Sep 16, 2022

2. Lock screen woes

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to try resolving the issue.

Setting the timeout for Lock Screen

• Press Windows + I and select personalization.
    • Select Lock screen.

• Select the Screen Timeout setting.
    • Select the time of timeout you need and check.

Keep us posted if the issue resolves to help you better.

Sachin V Rao, Sep 16, 2022
  3. Lock vs Login screen screenshot

You can use your own image of any background and just go to settings/personalize/lock screen and click on browse as in the image below. It should make whatever picture you use as the Lock Screen

Can't get past lock screen [​IMG]

Josey Wales, Sep 16, 2022
  4. Can't get past lock screen

Lock Screen Image Too Big

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

• Is this issue occurs only when the pictures are set from OneDrive?

I suggest you to set the picture for the lock screen using the default lock screen pictures and check whether the issue persist or not, follow the below steps to set the pictures.

• Go to “settings” and click on “personalization”.
    • Under “lock screen” tab, select the option from the drop box as “picture”.
    • Then under “choose your picture” option, click on any picture and go to the lock screen, check whether the issue persists or not.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Sep 16, 2022
Thema:

Can't get past lock screen

1. Can't get past lock screen - Similar Threads - Can't past lock

2. Can't get past lock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't get past lock screen: I have put in the correct pin for my PC and then it shows that it is loading the home screen and doesn't advance. It just stays loading and never changes. I have restarted the PC several times and nothing seems to work....
  3. Can't get past lock screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't get past lock screen: I have put in the correct pin for my PC and then it shows that it is loading the home screen and doesn't advance. It just stays loading and never changes. I have restarted the PC several times and nothing seems to work....
  4. Can't get past lock screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't get past lock screen: Hi there- I can't log into my HP Windows 10 laptop, I haven't used it in a long time and can't find the password. I don't have the recovery disk it's asking for so what do I do now? When I turn it on it comes up with my User ID populated prompting me for the password. Thanks...
  5. Can't get past lock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't get past lock screen: Hi there- I can't log into my HP Windows 10 laptop, I haven't used it in a long time and can't find the password. I don't have the recovery disk it's asking for so what do I do now? When I turn it on it comes up with my User ID populated prompting me for the password. Thanks...
  6. Assigned access user can't get past lock screen.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Assigned access user can't get past lock screen.: Hello, I'm trying to setup a WIN10 20H2 system as a kiosk but when I try to login with the assigned access account it will not move past the lock screen. In the administrator account I can see that the kiosk account is logged in, but it stays on the login screen and never...
  7. Computer will not get past the lock screen properly

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Computer will not get past the lock screen properly: I have a friends machine a HP Pavillion desktop tower which will turn on and the go to the lock screen but will not run Windows once I put in the PIN number. There is a small box that is linked to a driver support software the does show up but I cannot get any net connection...
  8. Computer will not get past the lock screen properly

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer will not get past the lock screen properly: I have a friends machine a HP Pavillion desktop tower which will turn on and the go to the lock screen but will not run Windows once I put in the PIN number. There is a small box that is linked to a driver support software the does show up but I cannot get any net connection...
  9. Can't get past lock screen in windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't get past lock screen in windows 10: the lock screen is a solid green color where it'd normally be a picture, the time and date are shown as normal and I don't have internet access when pressing the space bar instead it sometimes takes me to the login screen after a way longer period than normal, when entering...
  10. Cannot get past the sign in on the lock screen!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot get past the sign in on the lock screen!: HELP! After downloading and installing important updates yesterday i have been faced with the following message on the blue screen: 'The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in User profile cannot be loaded' I have tried using my Pin to sign-in and that failed. I...