Windows 10: Can't get past the 'Blue screen of death' after update.

Discus and support Can't get past the 'Blue screen of death' after update. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'll get straight into it: after a recent windows update with spotty wifi, I haven't been able to get into my acer laptop. Whenever I load it up it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by FinnRachul, Dec 23, 2018.

1. Can't get past the 'Blue screen of death' after update.

I'll get straight into it: after a recent windows update with spotty wifi, I haven't been able to get into my acer laptop. Whenever I load it up it gives me the "windows ran into a problem and needs to restart, we are just collecting error information Can't get past the 'Blue screen of death' after update. :( ", then restarts to the automatic repair option with "your pc did not start correctly".

All the advanced options do not work:

-I can't go back to an older version,
    -system restore does not work,
    -I have no system recovery image,
    -startup repair just errors,
    -pc restart, again, errors,
    -and safe mode in startup settings does not work.

In my unprofessional opinion, I'd think that my windows update got corrupted, and my avast cleanup deleted the restore points.

I can't get further then these options into my laptop for the past two days, and I've tried all my options. I can provide photos if needed. Any help is much appreciated.

:)

FinnRachul, Dec 23, 2018
  2. Ryan Pag Win User

Blue screen of death issue

Hi Malcolm,

Blue screen of death error can be caused either by hardware failure or software compatibility. To help you resolve the blue screen of death issue, we would like to get more information:

• Please provide the complete stop error message that you are getting.
    • Were there any changes made prior to the issue?

We recommend following the troubleshooting steps in the article:
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors

Should you need further help, you're always welcome to post back.

Ryan Pag, Dec 23, 2018
  3. Blue Screen of death

Hi Cruize,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• Are you able to boot to the desktop?
    • What is the exact error message you get on the screen?
    I would suggest you refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors and check.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Reference: Refer to the following Wiki article created by ZigZag3143 (MS - MVP) on
    Blue Screen of Death (BSOD).

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...ath-bsod/1939df35-283f-4830-a4dd-e95ee5d8669d

Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Dec 23, 2018
  4. iuppiter Win User

Can't get past the 'Blue screen of death' after update.

Blue Screen of Death (Crash) When Playing Games

Nothing for step 10.

Step 11 -
    Can't get past the 'Blue screen of death' after update. [​IMG]

iuppiter, Dec 23, 2018
Thema:

Can't get past the 'Blue screen of death' after update.

1. Can't get past the 'Blue screen of death' after update. - Similar Threads - Can't past 'Blue

2. Help with blue screen of death after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with blue screen of death after update: I'm asking this for my partner, who I'm not physically with to be specific. Just today, her laptop went to sleep after she went idle for a period of time, and when it woke up, it was in the middle of updating. After the restart, whenever she tries to log in and use it after...
  3. Getting the Blue Screen of Death after KB5015732 update installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting the Blue Screen of Death after KB5015732 update installed: Windows 11 Pro, Version 21H2 OS Build 22000.795The 2202-07 Cumulative Update Preview KB5015732 was installed on my HP workstation over the weekend 24 July 2022 and ever since then I've been running into Blue Screens of Death.The PC works fine when it's running but then a blue...
  4. Getting the Blue Screen of Death after KB5015732 update installed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting the Blue Screen of Death after KB5015732 update installed: Windows 11 Pro, Version 21H2 OS Build 22000.795The 2202-07 Cumulative Update Preview KB5015732 was installed on my HP workstation over the weekend 24 July 2022 and ever since then I've been running into Blue Screens of Death.The PC works fine when it's running but then a blue...
  5. "network issue" after update - can't get past this screen!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "network issue" after update - can't get past this screen!: Hi all, After the most recent update, when the computer re-booted its left me stuck on this screen? I run everything over Wifi so dont ever connect to an ethernet. Any ideas how to get paste this? Thanks, Danny [IMG]...
  6. Blue Screen of Death after downloading an update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Blue Screen of Death after downloading an update: I’ve been trying to do a system restore but the C: option is grayed out and says “You must enable system protection on this drive”. Recently I’ve opened the cmd and it takes me to X:\windows\system32> In which I’ve entered “Rstrui.exe/offline:C:\windows=active” From there...
  7. Update failed and laptop can't get past blue screen.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update failed and laptop can't get past blue screen.: My HP laptop was supposed to perform an update, but then at some point it stopped at said that it was unable to.My laptop kept restarting before bringing me to the blue screen of death, and I've tried to uninstall the updates but it won't let me, as it says the update is...
  8. Blue Screen of Death after Windows Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen of Death after Windows Update: Recently, I got forced to update Windows 10 to version 1903 OS build 18362.267. A day after the update I got a BSOD while playing CS:GO and this happened regularly at about one BSOD a day while in game. I saw on another thread that it may be because of graphics drivers, so...
  9. Blue Screen of Death after updates

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen of Death after updates: Hi everyone! My girlfriends laptop (MSI GV62 8RD) started to crash with bsod after a driver update. It bareley stays on, witout restarting, more than 5 minutes. I reinstalled windows first because I didn't know what causes the problem, but after a while, it started to crash...
  10. Blue screen of death after a WINDOWS update ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blue screen of death after a WINDOWS update ?: WINDOWS uploaded a update. Computer basically has crashed ! Blue screen of death as come up. Ive tried all suggestions , Nothing works. I am able to pull up the comand part of computer. Is there a comand i can type in to bypass windows? Or delete it ? . There is no desktop...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant get past the bluenscreen

2. cant get past blue acreen

3. i cant get past the blue screen

4. win10 critical process died