Windows 10: Can't get past the BSOD on laptop.

Discus and support Can't get past the BSOD on laptop. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have an HP Pavillion dm4 laptop. It started up fine but my browser would close after a few seconds of it starting. I closed all windows and restarted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by That_Julian, Jul 11, 2020.

1. Can't get past the BSOD on laptop.

I have an HP Pavillion dm4 laptop. It started up fine but my browser would close after a few seconds of it starting. I closed all windows and restarted the laptop via the restart icon on the windows icon. I got the BSOD afterwards and it said that it would restart the laptop but after it reached 100% it would shutdown. I haven't had any luck getting in through "Safe mode". Any help is greatly appreciated.

:)

That_Julian, Jul 11, 2020

2. Laptop overclocking adventures

hey guys I'm trying to get clockgen to work on my laptop but can't get any of the plls to work, can you please post like exactly what steps I need to take to test each pll to see if it works? my specs are listed to the left
    thanks!

nflesher87, Jul 11, 2020
  3. Getting BSOD 0x124 error

Ignore what everone said here.

0x124 BSOD is usually related to VCCIO (VTT), run Prime95 version 26.6 with custom sizes of 512K to 640K with 50% of your memory for at least 8 hours.

If you get a 0x124 BSOD, increase VCCIO voltage by small steps, run Prime95 again until your stable.

If you pass Prime95 512K to 640K without a BSOD, then its Vcore too low. I'd suggest running IntelBurnTest with 80% of your memory to verify stability (8 to 12 hours).

Oh, and yeah, if this problem appeared all of the sudden, the reason is CPU degradation, you can prevent it by enabling C-States or adjust your overclock to use lower voltages.

Regeneration, Jul 11, 2020
  4. n-ster Win User

Can't get past the BSOD on laptop.

n-ster, Jul 11, 2020
Thema:

Can't get past the BSOD on laptop.

1. Can't get past the BSOD on laptop. - Similar Threads - Can't past BSOD

2. Why can't I get past the setup on my laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I get past the setup on my laptop?: Bought a new laptop and it came recently so we were going through the setup process setting up email, setting up WiFi etc but whenever we get to the password it gets stuck on loading it up. We've tried turning it off and on again,leaving it to load but nothing. If anyone has...
  3. Why can't I get past the setup on my laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can't I get past the setup on my laptop?: Bought a new laptop and it came recently so we were going through the setup process setting up email, setting up WiFi etc but whenever we get to the password it gets stuck on loading it up. We've tried turning it off and on again,leaving it to load but nothing. If anyone has...
  4. I Can't get past the BSoD CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I Can't get past the BSoD CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED: As I'm trying to boot up my laptop it shows BSoD and stop code: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIEDI've tried:Start-up Repair: Start up repair couldn't repair your PC.sfc /scannow in cmd.exe: Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.System restore: I did try...
  5. Can’t get past BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can’t get past BSOD: Hello. The BSOD showed up a few days ago. I can’t get past it to create/download a copy of the windows reinstallation software and want to save my files before doing a full reset. Will be buying a new usb to save them to since current ones don’t seem compatible, but is there...
  6. Can't get past BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't get past BSOD: My apologies for not following the BSOD log instructions/version number but I am unable to get past the BSOD. My Dell XPS 8900 is about 5 years old with OEM Win10. I have never reinstalled Win10 so guess I'm due. I remember reinstalling Win95 every 6 months. Problem started...
  7. Can't get past BIOS

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't get past BIOS: My PC was working fine yesterday and I relocated apartments, and after that I cant get past BIOS. I have 2.5 SATA Samsung EVO 500GB and 3.5 SATA WD 1 TB; MSI Z270 SLI PLUS; i5 7600K; 2x8GB 3000mhz Corsair Vengeance LPX. Everything is plug -When I power-off/restart my...
  8. Update failed and laptop can't get past blue screen.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update failed and laptop can't get past blue screen.: My HP laptop was supposed to perform an update, but then at some point it stopped at said that it was unable to.My laptop kept restarting before bringing me to the blue screen of death, and I've tried to uninstall the updates but it won't let me, as it says the update is...
  9. Can't get past Login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't get past Login: When i try to login my login window will not accept any typing in the box. Can someone please help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-get-past-login/c14fc8d4-a390-44ae-89a2-76a3978acbd3
  10. Can't get past the "working on it" window

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't get past the "working on it" window: Can't get past the "working on it" window on the prep stage. It just keeps running. For hours. What now? *Mad 16457