Windows 10: Can't get past "verify your identity" screen due to an obsolete email address when editing...

Discus and support Can't get past "verify your identity" screen due to an obsolete email address when editing... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi! I have a Gmail and Outlook account. When I try to edit my account information, I am asked to "verify your identity". Unfortunately, it wants me to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Tom Lange, Dec 6, 2023.

1. Tom Lange Win User

Can't get past "verify your identity" screen due to an obsolete email address when editing...

Hi! I have a Gmail and Outlook account. When I try to edit my account information, I am asked to "verify your identity". Unfortunately, it wants me to verify using the original email I signed up with. That address is no longer valid as Excite.com ended all email services on 8/31/2021. As I am unable to receive a code from that address, I have hit a wall. The bots do not have an answer to this question at least that I can find. I spent two hours trying to reach a human service representative but could not get past the bots. Any suggestions on how to get my original email removed from m

:)

Tom Lange, Dec 6, 2023
  2. jgradyc Win User

Verify Your Identity screen shows an email address that's not mine

When I log in to Microsoft, I get a Verify Your Identity screen. The first line is an email address that's not mine "*** Email address is removed for privacy ***." That's definitely not me. The 2nd line is my correct last two digits of my phone number. I think someone hacked my account
    somehow and changed the email verification address. I need to change it to my correct alternate email address, but I can't figure out how to do it and the Microsoft answers I have found on this topic aren't helpful.

jgradyc, Dec 6, 2023
  3. cazjon Win User
    New laptop; can`t verify my microsoft identity

Hi, hope someone can help.

I can`t verify my microsoft account identity on my new HP Envy laptop with Windows 10, because the email address is wrong on the screen box.

I now have to wait 24 hours after 3 attempts, trying to reset the password.

I`ve opened a new Microsoft account (using my old laptop), but can`t use it because I can`t get past the verify setup page on the new laptop.

Any input would be gratefully received.

Thanks

cazjon, Dec 6, 2023
  4. Can't get past "verify your identity" screen due to an obsolete email address when editing...

How to you delete obsolete email addresses in Windows Mail?

I see the email address when I start to compose a new message and when I type in a letter into the "To" box, Windows Mail lists all the email addresses that start with that letter. In that group are generally some obsolete email addresses.

NicholasCacchione, Dec 6, 2023
Thema:

Can't get past "verify your identity" screen due to an obsolete email address when editing...

1. Can't get past "verify your identity" screen due to an obsolete email address when editing... - Similar Threads - Can't past verify

2. Can't get past "verify your identity" screen due to an obsolete email address when editing...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't get past "verify your identity" screen due to an obsolete email address when editing...: Hi! I have a Gmail and Outlook account. When I try to edit my account information, I am asked to "verify your identity". Unfortunately, it wants me to verify using the original email I signed up with. That address is no longer valid as Excite.com ended all email services on...
  3. Can't get past "verify your identity" screen due to an obsolete email address when editing...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't get past "verify your identity" screen due to an obsolete email address when editing...: Hi! I have a Gmail and Outlook account. When I try to edit my account information, I am asked to "verify your identity". Unfortunately, it wants me to verify using the original email I signed up with. That address is no longer valid as Excite.com ended all email services on...
  4. "Verify your identity"

"Verify your identity": So a couple of weeks ago I was normally logging into my Win 11 computer but it said I had to verify something even though I typed in the right password. So I pressed "forgot password" and it sent me to some strange blue thing with a large "Verify your identity." at the top....
  5. "Verify your identity" got stuck and sends code to obsolete e-mail address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Verify your identity" got stuck and sends code to obsolete e-mail address: I tried to log into my Microsoft account on my mobile phone with my new e-mail address, which login totally works on desktop, but for unkown reasons this e-mail address was not enough for login though confirmed and has been in use for some months. I was requested confirming...
  6. "Verify your identity" got stuck and sends code to obsolete e-mail address

"Verify your identity" got stuck and sends code to obsolete e-mail address: I tried to log into my Microsoft account on my mobile phone with my new e-mail address, which login totally works on desktop, but for unkown reasons this e-mail address was not enough for login though confirmed and has been in use for some months. I was requested confirming...
  7. Verify Your Identity screen shows an email address that's not mine

in Windows 10 Customization
    Verify Your Identity screen shows an email address that's not mine: When I log in to Microsoft, I get a Verify Your Identity screen. The first line is an email address that's not mine "*** Email address is removed for privacy ***." That's definitely not me. The 2nd line is my correct last two digits of my phone number. I think someone hacked...
  8. Verify your identity email

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Verify your identity email: So I was trying to log in to my windows account from a new tablet. I forgot my password and when I tried to reset it, where it says "Verify your identity" it trying to send a verification code to an email that I've never heard of. So i got on my phone where my password is...
  9. Verify your identity

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Verify your identity: A while ago I was asked to verify my identity before logging in. Windows sent me a verification code by email, had me change my password, and everything went smoothly. It asked me to verify again today, but I saw an X in the top right corner, so I clicked it because I had...
  10. Verify your email address

in Windows 10 Support
    Verify your email address: When I try to download any app, "I get the prompt "Verify your email address." I originally submitted an email address and password when I set up windows 10. Now, I am sent a link directing me to a website to verify my password. The password (which I know is correct,) is...