Windows 10: Can't Get Past Welcome/Login Screen on Windows 10

Discus and support Can't Get Past Welcome/Login Screen on Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I've got Windows 10 installed on my laptop and everything was fine until this morning when I opened it. I closed it last night so it might have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KitKatNayi, Aug 29, 2019.

1. Can't Get Past Welcome/Login Screen on Windows 10

Hi,

I've got Windows 10 installed on my laptop and everything was fine until this morning when I opened it. I closed it last night so it might have gone into sleep mode, but I definitely did not turn it off. This morning I opened it up and tried to log in. I enter my pin and it says "Welcome" on the screen, but the wheel just keeps spinning indefinitely. I know I'm not putting in the wrong pin because when I do put in a random pin I get an incorrect password/pin error (I've tried this with the full password as well). The laptop is connected to my home WiFi and that's not having any issues at the moment either.

I've tried starting up into Boot Options and selecting "Troubleshoot", but nothing works. When I try to go through "Startup Settings" (Safe Mode etc) it asks me to log in like usual and then gets stuck in the same screen as before. If I try "Reset this PC" or "System Restore" or "Go back to the previous version" or "System Image Recovery" or "Startup Repair" or "Command Prompt" it always asks me to "Choose an account to continue" and once I click on my account name (the only account there) it highlights the chosen account and then the screen freezes, nothing can be done except forcefully shutting off the laptop via the power button.

It might be possible Windows forced some updates overnight and that's why it won't startup correctly? Is my only option to do a clean install through Boot Options > Use a device? I have locally-saved games on the afflicted laptop and am worried I'll be deleting saves (haven't done any backups recently).

Someone please help.

:)

KitKatNayi, Aug 29, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Aug 29, 2019
  3. Can't login to my windows 10 PC

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

• Are you trying to login to Microsoft account or local account?

• If its Microsoft account are you able to login using the web interface?
    I suggest you to use the on-screen keyboard and try to login. Follow the steps below:

Click on the Ease of Access icon at the right bottom of the screen and select On-screen keyboard and check if issue persists.

Please get back to us with the results of the above instructions.

Giridhar J, Aug 29, 2019
  4. Can't Get Past Welcome/Login Screen on Windows 10

Can' t get past first screen.

My laptop running Window 10 boots. The first screen displays. It's a touch screen computer. I can move the first screen off to display the login in screen. However, just as the first screen leaves, the login screen fades to a blank screen. After a
    few seconds, the first screen reappears. I just had some suggestions to help, but the suggestion start with the login screen. I can't get to the login in screen.

Help?

Pat SimmonsJS, Aug 29, 2019
Thema:

Can't Get Past Welcome/Login Screen on Windows 10

1. Can't Get Past Welcome/Login Screen on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Can't Past Welcome

2. Can't get past W11 login screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't get past W11 login screen: https://ibb.co/0XJW72cUp until now I have been getting through the login screen with my local password. I always "skip" any Microsoft account logins or setup because its eternally stuck/broken my only verification option is a phone number I don't use anymore, and online...
  3. Can't get past W11 login screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't get past W11 login screen: https://ibb.co/0XJW72cUp until now I have been getting through the login screen with my local password. I always "skip" any Microsoft account logins or setup because its eternally stuck/broken my only verification option is a phone number I don't use anymore, and online...
  4. I cannot get past the welcome screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot get past the welcome screen: My pc can’t get to the password screen. Every time I get to the welcome screen I press space or click my mouse and it dosent go to the bit where I type my password it just goes white for half a second and goes back to the welcome screen. I’ve tried restarting it and doing a...
  5. I cannot get past the welcome screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot get past the welcome screen: My pc can’t get to the password screen. Every time I get to the welcome screen I press space or click my mouse and it dosent go to the bit where I type my password it just goes white for half a second and goes back to the welcome screen. I’ve tried restarting it and doing a...
  6. Can't get past Login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't get past Login: When i try to login my login window will not accept any typing in the box. Can someone please help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-get-past-login/c14fc8d4-a390-44ae-89a2-76a3978acbd3
  7. I can’t get past the welcome screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I can’t get past the welcome screen: When i input my password on my computer’s welcome screen, it acts like it’s been accepted, but suddenly stops and tells me the password is incorrect. The password is CORRECT, but is still not working. I think there is something faulty with the Windows 10 installation, but...
  8. Cannot get past the welcome screen.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot get past the welcome screen.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Ookgluk32 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eac6xb/cannot_get_past_the_welcome_screen/
  9. Cant get past welcome screen to login after a windows 10 update

Cant get past welcome screen to login after a windows 10 update: I have a 7 year old home build PC that has worked flawlessly for 7 years...even with windows 10. :) Last week I restarted it because i noticed my browser and a few apps running a bit slow and I had an update waiting on restart. Well after the restart it boots to the...
  10. PW Forgotten. Can't Get Past Welcome Sign-In Screen!

PW Forgotten. Can't Get Past Welcome Sign-In Screen!: Hi! Where can I go in Microsoft to find out what my password is to open my other Windows 10 desktop computer? Previously, it would sign in without a password. Now it asks for one and I cannot recall it. I've tried every pw I've ever used. I have important files and data are...