Windows 10: Cant get past welcome screen to login after a windows 10 update

Discus and support Cant get past welcome screen to login after a windows 10 update in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have a 7 year old home build PC that has worked flawlessly for 7 years...even with windows 10. :) Last week I restarted it because i noticed my... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by RemDogSH, Sep 4, 2019.

1. RemDogSH Win User

Cant get past welcome screen to login after a windows 10 update

I have a 7 year old home build PC that has worked flawlessly for 7 years...even with windows 10. Cant get past welcome screen to login after a windows 10 update :) Last week I restarted it because i noticed my browser and a few apps running a bit slow and I had an update waiting on restart. Well after the restart it boots to the welcome/Hello screen but when I click to get to the login screen the screen attempts to roll up but does not get to the login screen. it just jumps every time I click or hit a key to get to the login screen, so I am stuck on Hello screen. I tried the windows repair and system recovery but both fail, I dont want to do a clean install I am also wondering if its a hardware issue. Help....

:)

RemDogSH, Sep 4, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Sep 4, 2019
  3. Can't login to my windows 10 PC

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

• Are you trying to login to Microsoft account or local account?

• If its Microsoft account are you able to login using the web interface?
    I suggest you to use the on-screen keyboard and try to login. Follow the steps below:

Click on the Ease of Access icon at the right bottom of the screen and select On-screen keyboard and check if issue persists.

Please get back to us with the results of the above instructions.

Giridhar J, Sep 4, 2019
  4. ATIonion Win User

login screens

goto CONTROL PANEL/ USER ACCOUNTS then you have to remove all the other accounts except for the one you logon with....then restart...it should bypass the login tho it will still show the screen for it...it will continue to load windows...good luck*Rockout :rockout:

edit:: it asks for a login when there are more then one accounts..or if you set a pw to your login name...

ATIonion, Sep 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Cant get past welcome screen to login after a windows 10 update - Similar Threads - Cant past welcome

2. Can’t get past welcome screen no matter what

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t get past welcome screen no matter what: I can’t get past the welcome loading screen screen and if I take to long on the screen before it, it freezes, boot options troubleshoot doesn’t show advanced items the command prompt I’ve tried everything there. And I’ve logged in during the brokenness and I used advanced...
  3. I cannot get past the welcome screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot get past the welcome screen: My pc can’t get to the password screen. Every time I get to the welcome screen I press space or click my mouse and it dosent go to the bit where I type my password it just goes white for half a second and goes back to the welcome screen. I’ve tried restarting it and doing a...
  4. I cannot get past the welcome screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I cannot get past the welcome screen: My pc can’t get to the password screen. Every time I get to the welcome screen I press space or click my mouse and it dosent go to the bit where I type my password it just goes white for half a second and goes back to the welcome screen. I’ve tried restarting it and doing a...
  5. I cannot get past the welcome screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. I can’t get past the welcome screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I can’t get past the welcome screen: When i input my password on my computer’s welcome screen, it acts like it’s been accepted, but suddenly stops and tells me the password is incorrect. The password is CORRECT, but is still not working. I think there is something faulty with the Windows 10 installation, but...
  7. Cannot get past the welcome screen.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot get past the welcome screen.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Ookgluk32 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eac6xb/cannot_get_past_the_welcome_screen/
  8. Cannot get past the welcome screen after a windows 10 reset

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot get past the welcome screen after a windows 10 reset: I had to reset my pc, I choose reset & keep my files, after the reset, the pc got to the welcome screen but said I needed internet to enter my password or pin. it stated NO INTERNET, the welcome screen internet icon showed me as connected but with no internet, the welcome...
  9. Can't Get Past Welcome/Login Screen on Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't Get Past Welcome/Login Screen on Windows 10: Hi, I've got Windows 10 installed on my laptop and everything was fine until this morning when I opened it. I closed it last night so it might have gone into sleep mode, but I definitely did not turn it off. This morning I opened it up and tried to log in. I enter my pin...
  10. Cant get past login screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cant get past login screen: Computer has been working on win 10 for several months. Lately had problems with login screen. We have never used a password before. Now I cant do anything because it demands a password which I do not know. Incidentally I now see two users with same name. One user...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows cant get through lockscreen oogin