Windows 10: Can't get PC games to launch from Microsoft Store or Xbox App on Windows 10

Discus and support Can't get PC games to launch from Microsoft Store or Xbox App on Windows 10 in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I downloaded The Ascent through the Xbox app on my PC and am unable to launch it. I've restarted my PC and even uninstalled the game and reinstalled it... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by SamScarcello, Aug 2, 2021.

1. Can't get PC games to launch from Microsoft Store or Xbox App on Windows 10

I downloaded The Ascent through the Xbox app on my PC and am unable to launch it. I've restarted my PC and even uninstalled the game and reinstalled it through the Microsoft Store because I'm aware the Xbox PC app is still in beta.I've tried running the game from the startup menu, where it appears as "installed", running it as an administrator - where a pop-up window appears asking if I want to run the game - and tried third party apps that recognize it as a game I have installed on my computer.Each time, nothing happens. The game logo doesn't appear in the taskbar like it's even tried to open

:)

SamScarcello, Aug 2, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

Microsoft's Approach to PC Gaming on Windows 10 PCs Xbox

Source:

Brink, Aug 2, 2021
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    The Microsoft Store, and the Xbox app doesn't work!

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to launch Microsoft Store, Xbox app and GameBar. I’ll certainly help you with this issue.

However, please let us know:

• Do you receive any error message?
    • Are you aware of any changes made to the computer recently?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 are you using currently? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below:

For issues with launching Microsoft Store, I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned in the article

Microsoft Store doesn't launch

Method 1: Store app troubleshooter

I would suggest you to run the Store app troubleshooter and check. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + I, to open Settings.
    2. Click on Update & Security and select Troubleshoot from the left pane.
    3. Scroll down, click on Windows Store apps and select Run the troubleshooter.
    4. Follow the on-screen instructions.

Method 2: Re-register apps

If Store app troubleshooter doesn’t work, I would suggest you to try re-registering the apps using PowerShell. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + X, and select
      Windows PowerShell (Admin).
    2. Paste the following command and press Enter:
      Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    3. Once the process is complete, restart the computer and check.

Method 3: New user account

If re-registering the apps didn’t work, try creating a new user account and check if the issue persists. Refer the article
    Create
    a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Aug 2, 2021
  4. Can't get PC games to launch from Microsoft Store or Xbox App on Windows 10

Why isn't Windows Store and Xbox App launching?

Hi Matty,

There are different factors that we have to take into consideration when troubleshooting issues with launching a program on Windows 10. Here's a list of the most common factors:

• Corrupted app and profile data
    • An outdated Windows 10 OS
    • An outdated version of the program
    • Software conflicts
    • Failure to authenticate the login credentials you're using to sign in to the apps.

Let's isolate your concern by answering the following questions:

• Are you getting any error messages when launching the apps?
    • Have you tried playing other online games aside from Minecraft and check if the same issue occurs?
    • Are you using the same Microsoft account to sign in to the game, the Xbox app, and the Store app?

Meanwhile, here are the troubleshooting methods that you may perform:

Method 1: Run the Windows apps troubleshooter

This tool can help in resolving issues with Windows 10 programs. Click this
    link
    to proceed.

Method 2: Reset the affected programs from the Settings menu

• Click Start, then select Settings.
    • Select Apps.
    • Find the Store app, then click Advanced options.
    • Click Reset.
    • Click Reset again to confirm.
    • Restart your device so that the changes will take effect. Launch the app and check if the same issue occurs.
    Note: Please perform the same steps to reset the Xbox app and Minecraft.

Catherine Cus., Aug 2, 2021
Thema:

Can't get PC games to launch from Microsoft Store or Xbox App on Windows 10

1. Can't get PC games to launch from Microsoft Store or Xbox App on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Can't games launch

2. Microsoft Store and Xbox App can't launch. Nothing works.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store and Xbox App can't launch. Nothing works.: I just got PC game pass yesterday, and I wanted to use it but when I launch microsoft store, it doesn't do anything. I have tried wsreset, but it results in "You'll need a new app to open this ms-windows-store link". Reinstalling windows via packages in admin powershell...
  3. Unable to launch any Xbox app game or Microsoft Store app.

Unable to launch any Xbox app game or Microsoft Store app.: I've had this problem for days. When I try to launch a game on the Xbox app, I get an error message saying that the game cannot be launched, with the error code "0x80070005". The problem associated to this error code on Xbox's website relates to Xbox One, which I do not own....
  4. Unable to launch any Xbox app game or Microsoft Store app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to launch any Xbox app game or Microsoft Store app.: I've had this problem for days. When I try to launch a game on the Xbox app, I get an error message saying that the game cannot be launched, with the error code "0x80070005". The problem associated to this error code on Xbox's website relates to Xbox One, which I do not own....
  5. Can't download or launch ANY game from xbox app on PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't download or launch ANY game from xbox app on PC: Xbox game pass for PC, started last night. I logged in and played a few games just fine, restarted my computer due to the immense amount of lag I was getting on "The Riftbreaker" for literally no reason. When I came back literally less than 2 minutes later, every game I...
  6. Can't download or launch ANY game from xbox app on PC

Can't download or launch ANY game from xbox app on PC: Xbox game pass for PC, started last night. I logged in and played a few games just fine, restarted my computer due to the immense amount of lag I was getting on "The Riftbreaker" for literally no reason. When I came back literally less than 2 minutes later, every game I...
  7. Can't launch any game from xbox pc app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't launch any game from xbox pc app: Every time I try to launch a game I get this: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-launch-any-game-from-xbox-pc-app/b2988e4b-13a9-4e89-8a6a-08d2b24700e3
  8. Can't launch any game from xbox pc app

Can't launch any game from xbox pc app: Every time I try to launch a game I get this: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-launch-any-game-from-xbox-pc-app/b2988e4b-13a9-4e89-8a6a-08d2b24700e3
  9. Can't launch apps from Xbox Game Pass/Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't launch apps from Xbox Game Pass/Microsoft Store: I've purchased the Xbox Game Pass and attempted to install Forza Horizon 4 The game successfully installed, but I couldnt launch it. Nothing at all happens when I click launch. I went into the root folder of the game, after I had given myself permission to view files in...
  10. Can't launch games from Xbox game pass for PC

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't launch games from Xbox game pass for PC: I have Xbox game pass ultimate, and I can download games from game pass. But when I try to launch the games, it says that they are unavailable in my account. The account with game pass is signed in to both the windows store and the Xbox Beta app, so I have no idea what is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant launch gamepass pc.games