Windows 10: Can't get PC to SLEEP with Win 10

Discus and support Can't get PC to SLEEP with Win 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I had no problem with Windows 7, but now with Win 10 Pro 64bit, when I click on SLEEP it works, UNTIL I switch off the screen or switch off my wifi... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jonestheword, Nov 28, 2015.

1. Can't get PC to SLEEP with Win 10

I had no problem with Windows 7, but now with Win 10 Pro 64bit, when I click on SLEEP it works, UNTIL I switch off the screen or switch off my wifi mouse, then the system gets activated again.

I think I've managed to do it by lining up the pointer with my mouse, switching off the mouse, then the screen and pressing enter - the keyboard light goes out, so I guess it has worked. But who wants to do that every time - even then it usually fails.

Am I doing something obviously stupid? I will be most grateful for advice. Thanks

:)

jonestheword, Nov 28, 2015

2. HP Pavilion 1907 w monitor won't wake after sleep.

Windows 10 HP Pavilion 1907 W monitor won't wake after sleep. Have to pull power cord to get it back. Power button on monitor does nothing. Sleep key puts PC to sleep but when it comes back the monitor doesn't. Worked fine before converting to Win 10.

Was on Win 8.

LEROY DPEER, Nov 28, 2015
  3. 154Neil Win User
    PC Sleep will not awake

When I set my Win 10 PC to sleep when I close the lid, it goes to sleep. The problem is that I cannot get it out of sleep and the only thing that I can do is to press the power button until the PC shuts off. Then I can restart the PC normally.

Any ideas on how I can fix this?

154Neil, Nov 28, 2015
  4. dalchina New Member

Can't get PC to SLEEP with Win 10

Hi, you're not alone... there are many many threads which extensively address this topic in this forum, and I have seen situations similar to yours discussed. Would you mind if I point you in that direction?

If you search the forum using the search field on this page (above) e.g.
    "will not sleep" and other qualifiers, hopefully you will find something that helps.

If not, please document what you have tried following the various suggestions, and post back. Equally, please post back and mark solved should you succeed. Good luck!

dalchina, Nov 28, 2015
  5. I've not really solved the problem, but through settings etc I have found I can get SLEEP to activate if I have not used my PC for a time. I have decided to set it to 1 hour, then it will automatically do it - this means I can switch off my screen and my wifi mouse and leave my PC to nod off on its own. So far it has worked OK.

Thanks for the help.

jonestheword, Nov 30, 2015
  6. dalchina New Member
    Hi, as for your mouse, maybe this suggests something you can use:
    Cute version:
    How to stop mouse movement from waking up Windows 8 PC? | IDG Answers

Prevent a Mouse from Waking Windows 7 up from Sleep Mode

Also wondering if switching off your monitor might just be enough to trgger sthg from your mouse.. vibration? Try that without your mouse connected..

dalchina, Nov 30, 2015
  7. Hi, Thanks for that link. It worked well for both mouse and monitor, I now wake my PC from SLEEP using my keyboard. Using it for my screen means selecting Network Adapters instead of Monitors, then it works fine.

Many Thanks

jonestheword, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Can't get PC to SLEEP with Win 10

1. Can't get PC to SLEEP with Win 10 - Similar Threads - Can't SLEEP

2. PC can't enter sleep mode even though the driver that causes it has been overridden.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC can't enter sleep mode even though the driver that causes it has been overridden.: Hello,So [DRIVER] Legacy Kernel Caller is preventing my PC from sleeping. It started happening after I connected Universal Audio Volt 1 audio interface.powercfg /requests shows no issues when I unplug the Volt 1.Windows 10 is updated.Power options media sharing thingy is...
  3. My computer will go to sleep but I can't wake it up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer will go to sleep but I can't wake it up.: I am running Windows 11 build 22631.2506. My computer will go to sleep after a long period of time but won't wake up via the mouse, keyboard, or power button. Here are the things that I have tried. This didn't start happening until I bought a large 49" Samsung curved display....
  4. My computer will go to sleep but I can't wake it up.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer will go to sleep but I can't wake it up.: I am running Windows 11 build 22631.2506. My computer will go to sleep after a long period of time but won't wake up via the mouse, keyboard, or power button. Here are the things that I have tried. This didn't start happening until I bought a large 49" Samsung curved display....
  5. Can't use most of the keys on my keyboard after PC goes into sleep mode/shuts down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't use most of the keys on my keyboard after PC goes into sleep mode/shuts down: Whenever my laptop shuts down, after I boot it again/wake it up from the sleep mode, it seems like some part of my USB keyboard isn't connected since I can't use any keys besides letters such as ctrl, caps lock, shift, the functions keys, arrows etc. and I have to unplug it...
  6. Can't use most of the keys on my keyboard after PC goes into sleep mode/shuts down

Can't use most of the keys on my keyboard after PC goes into sleep mode/shuts down: Whenever my laptop shuts down, after I boot it again/wake it up from the sleep mode, it seems like some part of my USB keyboard isn't connected since I can't use any keys besides letters such as ctrl, caps lock, shift, the functions keys, arrows etc. and I have to unplug it...
  7. Can't use most of the keys on my keyboard after PC goes into sleep mode/shuts down

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Hard drive can't connect and corroupts system after sleep.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard drive can't connect and corroupts system after sleep.: Hello, Windows 10 user here. Yesterday I put my pc on sleep, when I woke it back up I realized that my hard drives were inaccessible. So I restarted my PC. This time they were completely gone. When I tried to open Manage > Disk Managment I realized it doesn't open. Just a...
  9. Hard drive can't connect and corroupts system after sleep.

Hard drive can't connect and corroupts system after sleep.: Hello, Windows 10 user here. Yesterday I put my pc on sleep, when I woke it back up I realized that my hard drives were inaccessible. So I restarted my PC. This time they were completely gone. When I tried to open Manage > Disk Managment I realized it doesn't open. Just a...
  10. Hard drive can't connect and corroupts system after sleep.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware