Windows 10: Cant get Printer working in Local 'standard' Account

Discus and support Cant get Printer working in Local 'standard' Account in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a Canon TS5150 that I wish to install, I use a Local Account (non-admin) for security and it only allows for installation on the Admin account... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by snadge, Jun 10, 2019.

1. snadge Win User

Cant get Printer working in Local 'standard' Account

I have a Canon TS5150 that I wish to install, I use a Local Account (non-admin) for security and it only allows for installation on the Admin account (even when run as admin) - so I done that, however when I log back into my Local account there is no printer installed?

can anyone help with this?

its as if you can only use the printer in an account that has Admin privs

thanks in advance

:)

snadge, Jun 10, 2019

2. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Jun 10, 2019
  3. New Local Account Not Working In Windows 10

Hi Scott,

This issue could have happened due to corrupted profile on your Windows 10. We suggest that you delete the non-working profile on your PC and try to register it again.

To delete your non-working account, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Click on the *Start menu**. It's the Windows logo in the bottom left of your screen.

• Click on Settings.

• Click on Accounts.

• Click on Family & other users.

• Click on the account you wish to remove.

• Click on the remove button.

• Click on the Delete account and data button.

We also suggest that you follow the steps on this
    link
    to create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Anthony Gal, Jun 10, 2019
  4. Yaqub K Win User

Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jun 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Cant get Printer working in Local 'standard' Account - Similar Threads - Cant Printer working

2. Cant switch to Local Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant switch to Local Account: My laptop is windows edu 11, I got the activation from my school.Yesterday, my laptop infected by malware, so I reset it with clean Instalation, then I have to login with my school or work account.I dont wanna use this account I want to use local / my private account, But I...
  3. Cant switch to Local Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant switch to Local Account: My laptop is windows edu 11, I got the activation from my school.Yesterday, my laptop infected by malware, so I reset it with clean Instalation, then I have to login with my school or work account.I dont wanna use this account I want to use local / my private account, But I...
  4. Password Policy for local standard vs local admin accounts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password Policy for local standard vs local admin accounts: I have TEN Windows 10 Pro computers on a peer to peer network no domain. Each computer has 2 LOCAL non Microsoft accounts - 1 Admin and 1 standard user non-admin. Is it possible to set a password policy where the policy can be set against ONLY the LOCAL standard user...
  5. Cant switch from work account to local account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cant switch from work account to local account: My settings on my computer are broken. I need to switch form work account to local account. However, I can't switch because settings are broken. Settings will open like normal. However, nothing but the search bar and "Settings" shows when I open it up. The search is flawed....
  6. Local Account Administrator appears as Standard

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Local Account Administrator appears as Standard: Hi there, Maybe this is totally normal, but I'm not quite sure why it works this way. In the Win10 panel, the account shows as administrator, in the old control panel it looks different: [img] Basically, my account which is the administrator appears as a standard...
  7. Local Admin Account vs standard Account

Local Admin Account vs standard Account: i have to ask this i am on Windows 10 Home build 16299.19 as i am currently terminating an old account and going to my most current account but i am concerned that the one i use to login into my current PC might be lost and i do wonder if the admin account i use for this HP...
  8. Standard Local user Account issue

Standard Local user Account issue: Since upgrading within Windows 10, I've since noticed that I am unable to access my additional user accounts. My main account is fine and have no issue. When I go to log in to additional user account, i click sign in (no password set up for either of my additional...
  9. Downgrading from a local Admin Account to a Standard User Account?

Downgrading from a local Admin Account to a Standard User Account?: After reinstalling Windows 10, I created a local Admin user account just enough for me to install some apps and set things up. After that, I created another local Admin account. Now, I need to downgrade my current Admin account (which I created during setup) to a Standard...
  10. Cant Switch to local account

Cant Switch to local account: Hello so when i first got windows 10 i had a local account and used it as normal then for some reason i added my microsoft account and now everytime i log in i need to use the microsoft account, just now i tried to switch it to the local account and i got this error any...