Windows 10: Cant get processor speed to drop

Discus and support Cant get processor speed to drop in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have created a quiet system power profile since this laptop has a desktop 4Ghz processor the fans can get noisy! Anyway, I have it set to max... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by blinky2134, Apr 20, 2019.

1. Cant get processor speed to drop

I have created a quiet system power profile since this laptop has a desktop 4Ghz processor the fans can get noisy! Anyway, I have it set to max processor 50% on battery and when plugged in. If I remove the power plug the processor frequency drops to 2Ghz as expected but when it has power it always sits at 4Ghz - why does the frequency not drop to 2Ghz when plugged in?

:)

blinky2134, Apr 20, 2019

2. Processor Speed

Hi everyone!

I am using an HP Notebook, with an Intel i3 5005U processor and 4Gb of RAM.

Can anyone help boost my processor speed? It's locked at 0.78GHz and does not go to 2GHz unless it goes over 60% utilisation. Any suggestions without damaging my laptop?

Please let me know what do to.

Jabezdu Preez, Apr 20, 2019
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Apr 20, 2019
  4. Johan45 Win User

Cant get processor speed to drop

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Apr 20, 2019
Thema:

Cant get processor speed to drop

1. Cant get processor speed to drop - Similar Threads - Cant processor speed

2. Sudden drop in Wifi internet speed while Ethernet speed is ok

in Windows 10 Support
    Sudden drop in Wifi internet speed while Ethernet speed is ok: Hello, I'm experiencing a sudden drop of internet speed only through my wifi connected device. I use to have 200mbps on my wifi connected device but recently they have dropped down to 15mbps, tested in the same location where I got 200mbps before. I checked the speed on my...
  3. Download speeds dropping on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Download speeds dropping on Windows 10: My internet speed was a couple kilobytes per second, so and I got some help to fix it(changing the speed and duplex of my wired connection) but a couple seconds later, my download speed went from 10 mbps to 300 kbps! Any help?...
  4. Processor Speed and diagnostic test

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Processor Speed and diagnostic test: Hello. This is just a general question nothing is wrong with my computer. I am wanting to run diagnostic test and processor speed tests. What would be a good program for me to use to do this in general across all processors as I also help my friends with their laptop...
  5. WiFi speed drops to ZERO

WiFi speed drops to ZERO: The WiFi speed suddenly drops to ZERO. It fluctuates between the maximum speed and zero, and then finally sticks to ZERO. I have tried almost everything like troubleshooting, Re-installing the WiFi driver, Disabling & Enabling the WiFi driver, etc. I have also tried to...
  6. monitoring ISP speed & dropping

monitoring ISP speed & dropping: Basically, I want to monitor my line for dropping & speed - my ISP promises my package at download of around 76 Mbps & up at about 10- 12 Mbps - I am lucky to get 50 down on a good day (& up is highly variable)! I also know it drops, especially at peak times (meaning Netflix...
  7. Cant drag and drop favorites in Edge.

in Browsers and Email
    Cant drag and drop favorites in Edge.: Cant drag and drop favorites in Edge. Is it even possible? Thanks. 87479
  8. 16Mbps WLan speed drop with Bluetooth on

16Mbps WLan speed drop with Bluetooth on: I am wondering if there is some problem with the Wlan Drivers / Windows. I have a Intel AC7260 Wlan card with BT. With BT off, I am achieving a speed of around 7,6 MB/s while transferring files over Network . With BT on and no Device connected the speed stays at 7,6 MB/s....
  9. Sudden Internet Speed Drop

Sudden Internet Speed Drop: Hello. About 3 weeks ago I noticed I was getting between 40-60mb download, when my ISP package says 200mb. I was previously getting the full 200mb and then some. Technicians from my ISP came out, ran new cabling through the house and out to the pole, then tested it at the...
  10. SSD/USB3.0 Speed Drop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SSD/USB3.0 Speed Drop: When transferring files from my external SSD/USB3.0 to my PC, the speed drops from around 300MB/s to 105MB/s. It stays at 300MB/s almost 60% of the transfer, then it Drops. What to do so that there is no Drop? EDIT: Disabling the "Write Cache" for HDD in PC, the speed...