Windows 10: Cant get processor speed to drop

Discus and support Cant get processor speed to drop in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have created a quiet system power profile since this laptop has a desktop 4Ghz processor the fans can get noisy! Anyway, I have it set to max... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by blinky2134, Apr 20, 2019.

1. Cant get processor speed to drop

I have created a quiet system power profile since this laptop has a desktop 4Ghz processor the fans can get noisy! Anyway, I have it set to max processor 50% on battery and when plugged in. If I remove the power plug the processor frequency drops to 2Ghz as expected but when it has power it always sits at 4Ghz - why does the frequency not drop to 2Ghz when plugged in?

:)

blinky2134, Apr 20, 2019

2. Processor Speed

Hi everyone!

I am using an HP Notebook, with an Intel i3 5005U processor and 4Gb of RAM.

Can anyone help boost my processor speed? It's locked at 0.78GHz and does not go to 2GHz unless it goes over 60% utilisation. Any suggestions without damaging my laptop?

Please let me know what do to.

Jabezdu Preez, Apr 20, 2019
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Apr 20, 2019
  4. Johan45 Win User

Cant get processor speed to drop

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Apr 20, 2019
Thema:

Cant get processor speed to drop

1. Cant get processor speed to drop - Similar Threads - Cant processor speed

2. Processor speed shows less...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Processor speed shows less...: Hi There,I habe chipset of 12th Gen IntelR CoreTM i5-1230U capable upto 4.40 Ghz. But in laptop it shows less https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/processor-speed-shows-less/7eb0b856-b405-45f2-a2a2-71b4760098c8
  3. Transfer speeds drops!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer speeds drops!!!: Starts off at 500mb/s, then drops to 300-400 which is understandable. But problem is when after it is at half, it drops drastically to 40mb/s and fluctuates there between 30 to 90. I am using 512 gb nvme m2 ssd. windows 10. and i am transferring those files from C drive to D...
  4. Transfer speeds drops!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transfer speeds drops!!!: Starts off at 500mb/s, then drops to 300-400 which is understandable. But problem is when after it is at half, it drops drastically to 40mb/s and fluctuates there between 30 to 90. I am using 512 gb nvme m2 ssd. windows 10. and i am transferring those files from C drive to D...
  5. Transfer speeds drops!!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Speed drop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Speed drop: I need help in a very strange situation. I subscribe to Turbobit and Nitroflare. I also use Free Download Manager. When I start a download via Turbobit, after about 5 minutes the download drops too much, less than 1% of my connection. My download rate is 100 Mbits / s (12...
  7. No Power plan for Processor Speed

No Power plan for Processor Speed: I have a Dell laptop with win 10 Home PC and the power plan does not allow me to adjust the processor speed. I have tried adding to the registry Open RegEdit and move to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power If it's not created yet, you have to create...
  8. DL speed drop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DL speed drop: I run an internet speed test, it says I'm getting 40 mbps. When I start downloading an update for a game. It drops to 3.5 mbps. I'm confused to why. Anyone know why or can help me out?...
  9. Processor Speed

Processor Speed: Ever since the last Windows 10 update, my processor has been working at or very near 100%. What is causing this and how do I correct the issue? Some of my programmes have become unstable and drop off.[ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  10. Processor Speed and diagnostic test

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Processor Speed and diagnostic test: Hello. This is just a general question nothing is wrong with my computer. I am wanting to run diagnostic test and processor speed tests. What would be a good program for me to use to do this in general across all processors as I also help my friends with their laptop...