Windows 10: Can't get results when i use the "find my device" service

Discus and support Can't get results when i use the "find my device" service in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I lost my pc and so I logged into my Microsoft account but still the option says "can't find your device at the moment try again later" I need... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by queencydial, Mar 18, 2020.

1. Can't get results when i use the "find my device" service

I lost my pc and so I logged into my Microsoft account but still the option says "can't find your device at the moment try again later" I need assistance asap

:)

queencydial, Mar 18, 2020
  2. zbook Win User

BSOD - Inaccessible Boot Device

The reset save files equivalent if successful should be the quickest method to get you backup and running.

The backup files then clean install is the best option as you fix many problems and start fresh.

The command prompt commands are all trial and error.

Code:

Code:

Code:

Code:

Code:

Code:

Code:

zbook, Mar 18, 2020
  3. Services Problem

For future reference , blackviper also contains a list of default settings in case you can`t remember changing a service. There are TONS of guides and references like this on the web if you don`t like blackviper.

francis511, Mar 18, 2020
  4. Can't get results when i use the "find my device" service

Device Manager Un-Hiding Hidden Devices

When you connect a plug and play device, Windows Plug and Play manager detects it, finds and installs the driver. Device Manager lists the device with a solid icon.

The driver is only removed when you uninstall the device, not simply by disconnecting the device. When the device is disconnected, its driver is still installed. By default, Device Manager only displays connected devices. When you show hidden devices, note the Bluetooth icon you see is semi-transparent (not opaque). That indicates a "non-present" device. Sometimes also called a "ghost" device. The driver is still installed but the device is not currently detected (i.e. not connected).

Device can be disconnected when
    • Device unplugged (e.g. removing a USB device)
    • Turning a device OFF
    • Disabling the device in BIOS (then windows won't detect it) or
    • Device failure

So
    • Check BIOS as suggested
    • Check board connections
    • Can b/t be turned off by a switch? or keyboard combination?
    Also possible the b/t h/w failed

ComputerGeek, Mar 18, 2020
Thema:

Can't get results when i use the "find my device" service

1. Can't get results when i use the "find my device" service - Similar Threads - Can't results find

2. I can't find windows memory test results

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't find windows memory test results: Followed instructions to find results in the Event viewer.Searching for "MemoryDiagnostics" a record comes up saying that testing was scheduled to run immediately TRUE!.But no other record is found containing "MemoryDiagnostics". Help file says to search for...
  3. I can't use my Microsoft services

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't use my Microsoft services: Hello I have a windows PC and I can't use my Microsoft services including Xbox game pass. It turns off the internet itself if use it. I am connected in wired connection. What to do?...
  4. I can't use my Microsoft services

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't use my Microsoft services: Hello I have a windows PC and I can't use my Microsoft services including Xbox game pass. It turns off the internet itself if use it. I am connected in wired connection. What to do?...
  5. I can't use my Microsoft services

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. I can't find the Defender Offline scan results.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I can't find the Defender Offline scan results.: Hello. I started an offline scan using the Windows Defender in offline mode. The scan was successful, but I dint gat notification, and Windows didnt open a .txt file where the results are. I checked the following path:Windows Defender -> Virus & threat protection ->...
  7. I have a desktop PC and when I use Find My Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a desktop PC and when I use Find My Device: the Location changes each time to a different place each time about a mile away. Why can't it find my house location? Also even though I am already on admin account I get notification sometimes "An administrator tried to locate this device on account/microsoft.com/devices."...
  8. I have a desktop PC and when I use Find My Device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a desktop PC and when I use Find My Device: the Location changes each time to a different place each time about a mile away. Why can't it find my house location? Also even though I am already on admin account I get notification sometimes "An administrator tried to locate this device on account/microsoft.com/devices."...
  9. I have a desktop PC and when I use Find My Device

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  10. Can't find chkdsk results

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can't find chkdsk results: I just did chkdsk test on main drive, after restart. And after login no results were shown... And it is not in Event Viewer, but it showed previous chkdsk tests, weird... I tried filter by event Sources: Wininit, chkdsk, or event id 26226 and it is not there. 180470