Windows 10: Can't get rid of AvastUI

Discus and support Can't get rid of AvastUI in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello I did some testing of spyware programs some time ago, and some of the programs had issues when trying to uninstall them. One of them was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Cerawy, Mar 25, 2018.

1. Cerawy Win User

Can't get rid of AvastUI

Hello

I did some testing of spyware programs some time ago, and some of the programs had issues when trying to uninstall them. One of them was avast, and after uninstalling it, theres a program called AvastUI.exe that loads with my computer and I can't figure out how to get rid of it. I did some googling on this issue but the support on avast didnt have any answers.

:)

Cerawy, Mar 25, 2018
  2. India99 Win User

Application Error code 0xc0000103

I have just been getting Application Error (0xc0000103) on startup for GameCon780 and AvastUI. I also get the same error message when I try to run UPlay. This is a new error for me and I can not seem to find an answer anywhere. I have tried a clean boot
    and the issue is still there.

I had this issue with AVG and then had trouble uninstalling it. I finally managed to get rid of AVG and put on Avast, only for it to happen again. I then realised that GamCon780 and UPlay had the same issue. I have tried the internet and no joy.

Anything I can do other than a re-install of Windows?

Setup

Windows 10 home

i5-4690 @ 3.50 GHz

16 GB RAM

GeForce GTX 970

120 GB SSD

2 TB SATA drive

Many thanks

Indy

India99, Mar 25, 2018
  3. Le Boule Win User
    Can't get rid of pwwysydh

Did you try closing the browser with Task Manager and then restarting the computer?

Have you sought advice/assistance from your antimalware provider (Avast, AVG, Avira, McAfee, Norton, etc)?

You may want to scan with the Emsisoft Emergency Kit (a free program): Как обнаружить и удалить угрозы с помощью Emsisoft Emergency Kit

Alternatively see
    https://malwaretips.com/blogs/remove-pwwysydh-com/
    You may need to reset your browsers.

Regards...

Top 10 Ways PUPs Sneak Onto Your Computer. And How To Avoid Them.

Le Boule, Mar 25, 2018
  4. Barman58 Win User

Can't get rid of AvastUI

Download Avast Software Uninstall Utility should do the job. You may have to reinstall avast first and then use the tool to ensure you totally clean the system

The other option which is manual, but potentially more dangerous as you could remove the wrong thing, is to use Autoruns to find the startup for the Avast remnants

Barman58, Mar 25, 2018
  5. Techymike Win User
    Iobit uninstall removed some virus issues by forcing them to be removed, this was a few years back. But as it's free, you might try that.

Techymike, Mar 25, 2018
  6. swarfega Win User
    As a suggestion, you should do testing of this sort in a disposable VM machine.

swarfega, Mar 25, 2018
  7. Cerawy Win User
    That seems to have solved it.

Cerawy, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Can't get rid of AvastUI

1. Can't get rid of AvastUI - Similar Threads - Can't rid AvastUI

2. Can't get rid of Trojan.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't get rid of Trojan.: I have run a full scan and my computer still show the system unsafe. What next? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-get-rid-of-trojan/0c0cd7ec-3ec8-41d4-8286-66ab701db7b5
  3. Can't get rid of Trojan.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't get rid of Trojan.: I have run a full scan and my computer still show the system unsafe. What next? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-get-rid-of-trojan/0c0cd7ec-3ec8-41d4-8286-66ab701db7b5
  4. Can't get rid of Trojan.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't get rid of XBox

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't get rid of XBox: I'm not a gamer and need to get rid of any and all instances of X Box the fact that it's installed by default in Windows 11 p****es me off. I've tried uninstalling it through Apps>XBox>Uninstall, but every time I boot up my computer, it's there again. I've tried removing it...
  6. Can't get rid of XBox

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't get rid of XBox: I'm not a gamer and need to get rid of any and all instances of X Box the fact that it's installed by default in Windows 11 p****es me off. I've tried uninstalling it through Apps>XBox>Uninstall, but every time I boot up my computer, it's there again. I've tried removing it...
  7. Can't get rid of a drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't get rid of a drive: I have a drive that I can't get rid of. It is not listed in the Disk Management app, but it is still listed in the "This PC". How do I get rid of it? It was a drive at one point in time....
  8. Can't Get Rid of Libraries

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't Get Rid of Libraries: I have unchecked Show Libraries in Windows Explorer under Folder Options -> View, however, they still show in the Navigation Pane. Is there another way to completely disable Libraries in Windows 10? Running latest 1909 version. submitted by /u/HarryMuscle [link]...
  9. Can't get rid of Reimage

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't get rid of Reimage: Split from this thread. New variants reported with .mool and.nppp extension extensions. . cat get rid of reimage https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/cant-get-rid-of-reimage/2b62ed5d-0cb7-4606-aa76-cd22586ca945
  10. Can't Get Rid of Program

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't Get Rid of Program: Please read the entire post as it explains whats wrong: A little while ago I got rainbow six and logging on was easy but after a while something happend where it wouldn't let me connect to the network and I went through a bunch of hurdles with tech support, but in the end...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant uninstall avast windows 10

2. how to delete avast completely

3. avast free antivirus removal