Windows 10: Can't get rid of Contacts icon on Windows Desktop

Discus and support Can't get rid of Contacts icon on Windows Desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; A month or so ago, the Contacts icon showed up on my desktop. I didn't think much about it and just deleted it, but it came back a few hours later and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by R_Landry_1, Apr 28, 2019.

1. Can't get rid of Contacts icon on Windows Desktop

A month or so ago, the Contacts icon showed up on my desktop. I didn't think much about it and just deleted it, but it came back a few hours later and has kept coming back since. I can't seem to find anyone else with this problem. Can anyone tell me where I can change the setting so this goes away for good?

:)

R_Landry_1, Apr 28, 2019

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Apr 28, 2019
  3. Windows vista x64 computer icon always changing

what icons are you referring to?
    In the Windows Explorer list or desktop?

twicksisted, Apr 28, 2019
  4. Can't get rid of Contacts icon on Windows Desktop

Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Apr 28, 2019
Thema:

Can't get rid of Contacts icon on Windows Desktop

1. Can't get rid of Contacts icon on Windows Desktop - Similar Threads - Can't rid Contacts

2. Can't get rid of red microphone icon on desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't get rid of red microphone icon on desktop: Hello,I have this annoying red overlay on my Windows 11 desktop that I can't get rid of.All I did was click on the microphone key on my new Logitech Pop keyboard which fired up the Voice Access software. The one that opens with Win+H.Ever since I am greeted with this red...
  3. Can't get rid of red microphone icon on desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't get rid of red microphone icon on desktop: Hello,I have this annoying red overlay on my Windows 11 desktop that I can't get rid of.All I did was click on the microphone key on my new Logitech Pop keyboard which fired up the Voice Access software. The one that opens with Win+H.Ever since I am greeted with this red...
  4. Can't get rid of XBox

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't get rid of XBox: I'm not a gamer and need to get rid of any and all instances of X Box the fact that it's installed by default in Windows 11 p****es me off. I've tried uninstalling it through Apps>XBox>Uninstall, but every time I boot up my computer, it's there again. I've tried removing it...
  5. I can't get rid of these empty folders on my desktop icons

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't get rid of these empty folders on my desktop icons: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Waffles_in_a_box [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iynycg/i_cant_get_rid_of_these_empty_folders_on_my/
  6. Can't Get Rid of Libraries

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't Get Rid of Libraries: I have unchecked Show Libraries in Windows Explorer under Folder Options -> View, however, they still show in the Navigation Pane. Is there another way to completely disable Libraries in Windows 10? Running latest 1909 version. submitted by /u/HarryMuscle [link]...
  7. Color picker stuck on desktop, can't get rid of it.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Color picker stuck on desktop, can't get rid of it.: For some reason, this color picker is stuck on my desktop and I can't get rid of it. I can interact with it, and it stays behind windows. [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  8. Get rid of "contact your Administrator" nonsense?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Get rid of "contact your Administrator" nonsense?: I am willing to bet that the majority of PC's in use are owned by private individuals. They are not working for the FBI or the CIA, so this absurd nonsense of "you don't have permission" and "contact your administrator" needs to go away permanently. If that level of security...
  9. 2nd desktop - getting rid of it

in Windows 10 Support
    2nd desktop - getting rid of it: Don't know what I did - but I now have a 2nd desktop on my machine. How do I get rid of it? Thanks in advance for the help. 115143
  10. Can't get rid of AvastUI

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can't get rid of AvastUI: Hello I did some testing of spyware programs some time ago, and some of the programs had issues when trying to uninstall them. One of them was avast, and after uninstalling it, theres a program called AvastUI.exe that loads with my computer and I can't figure out how to...