Windows 10: Can't get rid of EXTREMELY ANNOYING messages to make Edge my default browser

Discus and support Can't get rid of EXTREMELY ANNOYING messages to make Edge my default browser in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I spent a nice chunk of change this morning on a new laptop. I DO NOT want Edge to be my default browser. Every time I open my computer I get two... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by capic108, Feb 17, 2019.

1. capic108 Win User

Can't get rid of EXTREMELY ANNOYING messages to make Edge my default browser

I spent a nice chunk of change this morning on a new laptop. I DO NOT want Edge to be my default browser. Every time I open my computer I get two messages telling my to try Edge & to make it my default browser. I've gone into settings and turned the "get tricks, tips, suggestions as you use windows" notification OFF. I am STILL getting these messages. How do you turn these off? Please advise. If this can't be fixed, I'm returning this computer and I will buy a Google Pixelbook.

:)

capic108, Feb 17, 2019

2. Changing default browser to IE and wifi issues

Hi Ed,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• In desktop search, type default app settings and select the result.

• Under Web browser, click the current browser (EDGE).

• Choose Internet Explorer and set it as
      default.

Hope it helps.

SujataMoktan, Feb 17, 2019
  3. Unable to set default browser

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

The information which you have provided is not enough for us to determine the issue. Please provide us more information.

• Does this issue happens while you try to set other browser as default too or is it specific to specific browser?

To set Internet Explorer/Edge as a default browser, I suggest you to follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key and type Default Program in search and hit enter.
    • Select "Set your default programs"
    • Click on “Internet Explorer" or “Edge”.
    • Select "Set this program as default” and Click OK.

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Feb 17, 2019
  4. Ann McNew Win User

Default Browser Keeps Changing to Edge

About a week ago, when I start my computer (from being completely shutdown) - open Outlook email and click on any link in an email, it opens in Edge. Firefox has always been my default browser. If I check my settings, it will show Edge as my default and
    I never changed it to that. If I open Firefox before clicking on any links in email, then it asks me if I'd like t make it my default and that will work only for that particular session.

Every time the computer is shut down and restarted, Edge takes over again.

I followed all of the steps as described by Erika above, except for the first suggestion "Set your preferred default browser to skip
    Choose default apps by file type." As I mentioned above, I do not understand what this sentence is saying.

I just check the for windows updates, and everything is up-to-date, no updates are pending.

I just want my default browser to stay FireFox after shutdown/restart and not have to go through half a dozen steps every time I want to start using my computer.

I would start another thread, but my problem is the exact same problem as the original poster.

Ann McNew, Feb 17, 2019
Thema:

1. Can't get rid of EXTREMELY ANNOYING messages to make Edge my default browser - Similar Threads - Can't rid EXTREMELY

2. How to reinstall my Firefox browser and get rid of Edge?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to reinstall my Firefox browser and get rid of Edge?: his morning I had Firefox as my browser then Google tried to take over and now the hated Edge has taken over. How can I reinstall Firefox and get rid of Edge once and for all?...
  3. How to reinstall my Firefox browser and get rid of Edge?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reinstall my Firefox browser and get rid of Edge?: his morning I had Firefox as my browser then Google tried to take over and now the hated Edge has taken over. How can I reinstall Firefox and get rid of Edge once and for all?...
  4. How to reinstall my Firefox browser and get rid of Edge?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to get rid of annoying "use microsoft edge" stuffs?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get rid of annoying "use microsoft edge" stuffs?: Im just sticking with chrome https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-rid-of-annoying-use-microsoft-edge/6770a24d-4a8a-4e18-b3cc-0cbce769a247
  6. Can't make FireFox default browser?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't make FireFox default browser?: Every time I start FireFox I'm presented with a dialog asking if I want to make it my default browser. Yes I do!! I am brought to the screen which lets me choose a browser, but FireFox isn't among the choices. I choose to search for another browser and I'm brought to the...
  7. how do I make Firefox my default browser and not Edge?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how do I make Firefox my default browser and not Edge?: No matter what I try, I cannot make any other browser my default except for Edge, and I do not want that, and now especially even more because it is denying me!...
  8. Can't get rid of browser hijack in Edge.

in Browsers and Email
    Can't get rid of browser hijack in Edge.: Got hit with a drive by browser hijack which has set my Edge start page to Yahoo Search - Web Search It also disabled the Home button and changed my default search from Google to Yahoo. I tried the Edge reset powershell script. That failed. Microsoft Edge - Reset to...
  9. Annoying default browser issue

in Browsers and Email
    Annoying default browser issue: I wonder if anyone else has figured out how to deal with this. I hope it falls under the Windows 10 category. I have 4 versions of Firefox: stable, beta, portables of each. Every time I launch a different one, Windows asks me to make it the default. When I get to the...
  10. Can't make Microsoft Edge my default browser in default app settings

in Browsers and Email
    Can't make Microsoft Edge my default browser in default app settings: I currently have Firefox, IE and Edge installed on my PC. Firefox is set as the default browser. When I go into the default apps setting screen and click to change my default browser, only IE and Firefox are on the list, so I can't select Edge. However, if I click the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. annoying messages from getvideo.pro edge