Windows 10: Can’t get rid of “in installation” program, won’t boot anymore

Discus and support Can’t get rid of “in installation” program, won’t boot anymore in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi I was installing solidworks on my windows 10 system when the installation went bad. So I stupidly decided to cancel everything and delete the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AndrewHeron3, Sep 25, 2020.

1. Can’t get rid of “in installation” program, won’t boot anymore

Hi

I was installing solidworks on my windows 10 system when the installation went bad. So I stupidly decided to cancel everything and delete the download that i had. I deleted all the program files without uninstalling the setup and other connected programs like an idiot.
    I then went on to delete keys from the registry as the windows installer for solidworks kept on popping up everytime i clicked on anything more or less, this program has administrative permissions also, I didnt not export a backup of the registry prior to doing this foolish, i know.
    Anyways because i messed with the registry i used the uninstall key, i dont have the original msi file that the program needs to open and now i cant even boot into the system. windows installer open before i even sign in reading “preparing install” and then crashes, then i must do a hard shut down.

Has anyone got any bright ideas, the windows repair and cmd prompt externally from what i have tried multiple times do not help. Open to any and all ideas. Please help, i havent backedup my system ever to restore it. Can’t get rid of “in installation” program, won’t boot anymore [​IMG]

:)

AndrewHeron3, Sep 25, 2020
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

3. Windows 10 won´t start any program as Administrator

Hello. I´m having this issue since installed one of the latest Windows 10 system updates.

When I try to open any program that requires Administrator confirmation (that screen with the Yes/No question), this dialog won´t appear anymore. The screen background stays darkened and nothing happens.

1. Using Windows 10 Home (x64)
    2. My microsoft user account is properly checked
    3. I´m the administrator of the PC
    4. Already tried do create another administrator user account - same problem, no success
    5. Cannot start any program/service that requires administrator authorization (not even regedit)
    Please help!

Fabiano Lehmkuhl, Sep 25, 2020
  4. Can’t get rid of “in installation” program, won’t boot anymore

update Ovi Store install stil won`t work

thanks for your reaction,phone won`t install the ovi-store

johnnyloco---01, Sep 25, 2020
Thema:

Can’t get rid of “in installation” program, won’t boot anymore

1. Can’t get rid of “in installation” program, won’t boot anymore - Similar Threads - Can’t rid “in

2. How to I get rid of this program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to I get rid of this program: I uninstalled this app by deleting its files but now when I go into apps and clicking "Uninstall" it wont work. Its probably because I deleted the apps files and now it wont work because windows probably uses the built in uninstaller from the app....
  3. Windows 10 won’t boot anymore

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 won’t boot anymore: Hi everyone. Yesterday while using my laptop(HP Pavilion Gaming 15) windows crashed twice In the span of a couple of hours with kernel security check failure stop code. At this point it was still booting properly. I wanted to find out what causes it and fix it so I ran...
  4. Computer won’t boot up anymore

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer won’t boot up anymore: For a while, I had an issue where my Windows updates wouldn’t install. Whenever I tried installing them, I would get the “Update failed, reverting changes” screen. Once, I even got stuck in a loop of that. I got tired of not being able to turn off my pc for fear of getting...
  5. Getting rid of Dual boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Getting rid of Dual boot: I've just installed Windows 10 Pro on an SSD and now have a Dual Boot System with Windows 10 Home on another SSD. I would like to remove the "Home" O/S to reclaim lost disk space, apart from anything else but am concerned because UEFI BIOS will only "see" the "Home" SSD as a...
  6. Can’t install programs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can’t install programs: I just purchased a new laptop. I believe it has microsoft windows 10 home on it. It is horrible. It wont let me install programs i need. It says that “the system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation. Thing is, my account is the only account on the...
  7. Can't Get Rid of Program

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't Get Rid of Program: Please read the entire post as it explains whats wrong: A little while ago I got rainbow six and logging on was easy but after a while something happend where it wouldn't let me connect to the network and I went through a bunch of hurdles with tech support, but in the end...
  8. Win10 won’t boot after installing new ram, can’t boot into recovery tools.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 won’t boot after installing new ram, can’t boot into recovery tools.: I installed 8gb (2x4gb Corsair Vengeance LPX ddr4 3000Mhz) on top of the 8gb already in my Ryzen 5 1600 system (ASUS ROG Strix B350F-Gaming motherboard) 1. The ram is compatible, and not defective 2. my motherboard supports up to 64gb of ram My windows 10 boots just...
  9. Can’t get rid of verification screens

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can’t get rid of verification screens: Brand new Acer Switch 5. Turned it on to set it up. Added my email and would not accept password. Now changed and verified bit cant get past the verification screen. Tells me it has times out and to restart the process but cannot access anything else to be able to restart...
  10. Newly Installed Program how to get rid of "New" tag

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Newly Installed Program how to get rid of "New" tag: Setting up Win 10 Education in audit mode. When I install a new program, and then go to All Apps, the newly installed program has "New" next to it. How do I prevent the New from showing up? In Win 7, I unchecked "Highlight newly installed programs" thanks pez 49404