Windows 10: can't get rid of login screen on 18362

Discus and support can't get rid of login screen on 18362 in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello, I am trying to get rid of the sign in screen after sleep. But it seems something has changed. I am using build 18362 but i can't get rid of it.... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by JeanCremers, Oct 2, 2019.

1. can't get rid of login screen on 18362

Hello,

I am trying to get rid of the sign in screen after sleep. But it seems something has changed. I am using build 18362 but i can't get rid of it.
    I have: empty password, used gpedit to disable the lock screen, and used netplwiz to disable login pass, still i get the damned screen where i have to click the sign in button.
    Lots of beers for the one who can help me get rid of it! can't get rid of login screen on 18362 :)
    But serious, something must have changed because i see all kinds of pics from the login settings screen but mine is quite different, containing options for pin, hello etc.

Thanks.

:)

JeanCremers, Oct 2, 2019

2. Get rid of login screen?!

Is there a way to completely get rid of the login screen in Windows 10? I have it set up so I don't have to enter my password to login, but it still pops up the login screen and I have to click "login" upon startup or waking from sleep. Is there a way that I don't have to do this? I want to totally get rid of the login screen all together. I don't even want to see it. I'm the only one that uses this computer. I'm not worried about any security issues. It's annoying!

xraychick01, Oct 2, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Oct 2, 2019
  4. rmanasa Win User

can't get rid of login screen on 18362

Lock vs Login screen screenshot

Hi Josey -

Thanks for the quick reply. While your suggestion does change the sign in process, it doesn't address the differing screenshot question. Following the steps doesn't make the login screenshot the same as the Lock screenshot. As I mentioned, I can't even find the screenshots being used for both screens.

Still looking a solution to this. Open to any other suggestions you might have to the problem. Thanks!

rmanasa, Oct 2, 2019
Thema:

can't get rid of login screen on 18362

1. can't get rid of login screen on 18362 - Similar Threads - can't rid login

2. can't get rid of Blue Screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't get rid of Blue Screen?: My laptop suddenly opened with a blue screen. In the good old days I used to be able to phone Microsoft and get help but that doesn't work anymore??I have gone through the entire process in Start UP repair even trying to Restore whilst saving my files. Nothing works even...
  3. can't get rid of Blue Screen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't get rid of Blue Screen?: My laptop suddenly opened with a blue screen. In the good old days I used to be able to phone Microsoft and get help but that doesn't work anymore??I have gone through the entire process in Start UP repair even trying to Restore whilst saving my files. Nothing works even...
  4. can't get rid of Blue Screen?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Getting rid of ugly date/time on login/lock screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting rid of ugly date/time on login/lock screen: Some time in Windows 10 the date/time started appearing on the lock screen, and I queried this. Now in Windows 11, despite unchecking the tips and stuff on lock screen option, the ugly date/time appears. I really, really, really HATE this. MS chat support just pointed e to...
  6. can't get rid of login screen on 18362

in Windows 10 Support
    can't get rid of login screen on 18362: Hello, I am trying to get rid of the sign in screen after sleep. But it seems something has changed. I am using build 18362 but i can't get rid of it. I have: empty password, used gpedit to disable the lock screen, and used netplwiz to disable login pass, still i get the...
  7. What is this on my screen and can't get rid of it

in Windows 10 Customization
    What is this on my screen and can't get rid of it: [ATTACH] Not sure what this is but I need it taken off please help thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-this-on-my-screen-and-cant-get-rid-of-it/9da04fb7-deea-462d-8832-0f9bb33bf396
  8. Get rid of login screen?!

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Get rid of login screen?!: Is there a way to completely get rid of the login screen in Windows 10? I have it set up so I don't have to enter my password to login, but it still pops up the login screen and I have to click "login" upon startup or waking from sleep. Is there a way that I don't have to do...
  9. Can't get rid of PIN login at startup

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't get rid of PIN login at startup: I created a PIN login a while ago and then decided to get rid of it as it poor security - the regular Windows 10 login seems much more secure. I went to Settings/Accounts/Sign in options/PIN but there is no Remove button, only an Add button, which seems to indicate that the...
  10. How to *completely* get rid of that pesky login screen?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to *completely* get rid of that pesky login screen?: I'm really enjoying Windows 10, but something is really bothering me about it. When I boot up my PC (I have "fast boot" on my BIOS if that matters), I want it to go directly to my desktop just like in older Windows. But no, it shows this screen: [img] This is not my...