Windows 10: Can't get rid of mysterious "CD Player" in order to free up D: Drive

Discus and support Can't get rid of mysterious "CD Player" in order to free up D: Drive in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; As shown I have 6 drives with this mysterious CD Drive not showing up. I also already uninstalled all VD'sexcept for MS Virtual Drive and it still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DustinBarlow, Jun 10, 2023.

1. Can't get rid of mysterious "CD Player" in order to free up D: Drive

As shown I have 6 drives with this mysterious CD Drive not showing up. I also already uninstalled all VD'sexcept for MS Virtual Drive and it still won't leave. ALso when I try to eject I get an error message. Lastly it doesn't show up in Diskpart either.

:)

DustinBarlow, Jun 10, 2023

2. cd player trouble

I Tried That But some times the CD/DVD player is not listed. If I shut down the computer completely and restart using the root directory the CD/DVD player will be there then I can use the CD/DVD player. But if I do something else then try to use CD/DVD player
    it will not be listed I get a no device found error. Then I must shut off the computer again and restart. I can not just push restart because the CD/DVD player will not be listed.

frank gille, Jun 10, 2023
  3. Shaymoses Win User
    CD recognition on drive D.

fouund nothing but thanks anyway. will try new cd's and NERO program... esn

Shaymoses, Jun 10, 2023
  4. Can't get rid of mysterious "CD Player" in order to free up D: Drive

CD recognition on drive D.

Hello,

There are various reasons why a CD or DVD drive is not detected. As an initial troubleshooting step,
    I suggest that you use the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter. To open the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter, follow these steps:

1. Press the Windows logo key + R to open the Run dialog box.
    2. Type control in the Run dialog box, then press Enter.
    3. In the Search box in Control Panel, type troubleshooter, and then click Troubleshooting.
    4. Under the Hardware and Sound item, click Configure a device. If you are prompted to enter an administrator password or provide confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Let me know how it goes.

Melowin Mar, Jun 10, 2023
Thema:

Can't get rid of mysterious "CD Player" in order to free up D: Drive

1. Can't get rid of mysterious "CD Player" in order to free up D: Drive - Similar Threads - Can't rid mysterious

2. Can't get rid of mysterious "CD Player" in order to free up D: Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't get rid of mysterious "CD Player" in order to free up D: Drive: As shown I have 6 drives with this mysterious CD Drive not showing up. I also already uninstalled all VD'sexcept for MS Virtual Drive and it still won't leave. ALso when I try to eject I get an error message. Lastly it doesn't show up in Diskpart either....
  3. Can't get rid of mysterious "CD Player" in order to free up D: Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't get rid of mysterious "CD Player" in order to free up D: Drive: As shown I have 6 drives with this mysterious CD Drive not showing up. I also already uninstalled all VD'sexcept for MS Virtual Drive and it still won't leave. ALso when I try to eject I get an error message. Lastly it doesn't show up in Diskpart either....
  4. CD not working in D Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CD not working in D Drive: My Audio book cds will not work in D drive. My pc eventually ejects the disc and then tells me to insert a cd. Other cds and dvds work fine in the drive. I am at a loss what to do. It is just these audiobooks. I have tried downloading itunes from microsoft but download error...
  5. CD not working in D Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CD not working in D Drive: My Audio book cds will not work in D drive. My pc eventually ejects the disc and then tells me to insert a cd. Other cds and dvds work fine in the drive. I am at a loss what to do. It is just these audiobooks. I have tried downloading itunes from microsoft but download error...
  6. Can't get rid of a drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't get rid of a drive: I have a drive that I can't get rid of. It is not listed in the Disk Management app, but it is still listed in the "This PC". How do I get rid of it? It was a drive at one point in time....
  7. (1909) Can't get rid of "SystemRestore" folder on D: Drive.

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    (1909) Can't get rid of "SystemRestore" folder on D: Drive.: So I have had this issue for quite a while now and I thought it was going to resolve on its own but it has been a year and nothing I've done has successfully allowed me to delete this folder that I obviously do not need no more. The story goes like this: I had to do an...
  8. D drive for cd/dvd not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    D drive for cd/dvd not working: Windows 10. Says all updates are good but read it could be an update causing optic not to read a cd/dvd. It said I need the Anniversary update but it says I have all my updates...
  9. Get rid of mystery user

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Get rid of mystery user: [img] Here's the login Page. As you see there are two choices of logins, both the same name. The one shown is bogus; there is no password. The other is true and accepts my pin. I can't get any info in Settings. How can I straighten this out? 136374
  10. CD drive (D) is stuck closed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CD drive (D) is stuck closed: My cd drive:D is stuck closed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cd-drive-d-is-stuck-closed/97af1d92-a910-4184-9a4d-a2e57966a609