Windows 10: Can't get rid of One Drive from my laptop!

Discus and support Can't get rid of One Drive from my laptop! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi All, Am at my wits end. Bought a new laptop and was dreading going through the whole re-install all my software thing, but it has been a breeze... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LeannePethick, Nov 8, 2020.

1. Can't get rid of One Drive from my laptop!

Hi All,

Am at my wits end.

Bought a new laptop and was dreading going through the whole re-install all my software thing, but it has been a breeze with everything except One Drive...

Which I did not ask for, do not want, and can't get rid of.

I can't use my email on this computer yet - after 2 days, because no matter what I do, it puts my data file in a folder that includes onedrive in the path.

What ridiculous system is it when you 'uninstall' a program and it doesn't totally remove it!?!?! Surely this should be illegal?

Over the past 48 hours I have searched the internet, read 'solutions', tried them, they didn't work, dug in the garden to relieve frustration, and tried again... time and time again.

No where can I find a simple solution to how to get rid of a program that I didn't want.

Am 1 more try away from returning my new laptop - which I otherwise love - tomorrow and going Mac. Learning to use a mac would be far simpler than the pain I have been through the past 2 days without any positive result.

=> Is there somewhere that states simply how to get OneDrive totally off my laptop?

If not, WHY NOT Microsoft!?!?!

FURIOUS

There isn't even a category for it here!?!?

:)

LeannePethick, Nov 8, 2020

2. Can't get rid of a drive

I have a drive that I can't get rid of. It is not listed in the Disk Management app, but it is still listed in the "This PC".

How do I get rid of it? It was a drive at one point in time.

ScottPlummer, Nov 8, 2020
  3. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Nov 8, 2020
  4. Can't get rid of One Drive from my laptop!

little cat, Nov 8, 2020
Thema:

Can't get rid of One Drive from my laptop!

1. Can't get rid of One Drive from my laptop! - Similar Threads - Can't rid Drive

2. GET RID OF ONE DRIVE!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GET RID OF ONE DRIVE!: I have factory reset my Windows 11 PC, after removing all files and folders and storing on a USB. I have reinstalled Windows 11 and Microsoft 365, and Uninstalled OneDrive. I DO NOT WANT any connections to OneDrive. I STILL cannot change the path to document saving. All...
  3. GET RID OF ONE DRIVE!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    GET RID OF ONE DRIVE!: I have factory reset my Windows 11 PC, after removing all files and folders and storing on a USB. I have reinstalled Windows 11 and Microsoft 365, and Uninstalled OneDrive. I DO NOT WANT any connections to OneDrive. I STILL cannot change the path to document saving. All...
  4. How to get rid of One Drive.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to get rid of One Drive.: I have one computer that is repeatedly requiring me to set up a file in One Drive.On another I am never bothered about One Drive. I am not "signed in," whatever that means.I don't want my files stored anywhere but on my computer and my backup. Is there some way I can remove...
  5. How to get rid of One Drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get rid of One Drive.: I have one computer that is repeatedly requiring me to set up a file in One Drive.On another I am never bothered about One Drive. I am not "signed in," whatever that means.I don't want my files stored anywhere but on my computer and my backup. Is there some way I can remove...
  6. How to get rid of One Drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. How to get rid of One Drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to get rid of One Drive: I don't want One Drive. It takes over everything. I want to get my photos it co-opted, transfer to a program that's easy to operate and get rid of One Drive permanently. I don't see any advantage to it at all, except to cause me to tear my hair out. Same w Win 8 and 10....
  8. Can't get rid of a drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't get rid of a drive: I have a drive that I can't get rid of. It is not listed in the Disk Management app, but it is still listed in the "This PC". How do I get rid of it? It was a drive at one point in time....
  9. HOW TO GET RID OF ONE DRIVE

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HOW TO GET RID OF ONE DRIVE: ITS GETTING ON MY NERVES, HOW CAN I GET RID OT IT ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-rid-of-one-drive/41502b63-4ff8-4b4c-92f7-9484389abc0e"
  10. How to get rid of One Drive completely

in Windows 10 Support
    How to get rid of One Drive completely: I would like to get rid of One Drive completely. By logging in locally and not with a Microsoft account, One Drive is not activated. In previous Windows versions you could uninstall One Drive in Programs and Features, but it no longer appears? One Drive is based in the...