Windows 10: Can't get rid of Potential Unwanted Apps

Discus and support Can't get rid of Potential Unwanted Apps in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, My windows defender display 3 'Potentially Unwanted Apps' but while selecting remove option it won't do anything. I looked inside the directory... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Gaurav1995Kumar, Jul 1, 2020.

1. Can't get rid of Potential Unwanted Apps

Hi,

My windows defender display 3 'Potentially Unwanted Apps' but while selecting remove option it won't do anything. I looked inside the directory it says items are but there wasn't any with that name.

Kindly, let me know how to fix.

PFA the SS.

Can't get rid of Potential Unwanted Apps 54377507-c1fd-4a09-8e5c-5a92b3b2b307?upload=true.png

Thanks.

:)

Gaurav1995Kumar, Jul 1, 2020
  2. Anne Ros Win User

hOW DO I get rid of 5 unwanted apps

Hi Angela,

Uninstalling apps can get rid of these unwanted apps. We need some information and clarifications for us to provide a solution suited to your concern. Can you answer the questions below?

• How did these apps appeared on the browser?
    • What problems are you encountering with these apps?
    • Can you send us a screenshot of the apps on browser?

We'll keep an eye to your response.

Anne Ros, Jul 1, 2020
  3. Rob Koch Win User
    Potentially Unwanted Programs

Haven't tried this myself, since I just ignore the pinned ads and so have never had any of these installed that I'm aware of, though it wouldn't matter in my case since I'd just ignore them.

How to Get Rid of “Suggested Apps” (like Candy Crush) in Windows 10

Unlike the previously mentioned option, this doesn't require a registry hack and is simply a setting for suggested apps. However, I don't know whether this incudes those like Xbox, which provides deeper support than games.

Rob

Rob Koch, Jul 1, 2020
  4. Can't get rid of Potential Unwanted Apps

Can't get the Windows Defender team to analyze a potential incorrect detection

Hi Mike,

Since PUA(Potentially Unwanted Application) protection feature allows Windows Defender to detect and block certain apps that are not categorized as threats, but they increase the chances of your device being infected with malware or it may affect your device's
    performance. That might be the reason why the PUA protection feature detects the software. In the case that the feature blocks an application you know that can be trusted, you may follow these steps to allow the app:

1. On the start menu, type Window Defender security center and press Enter.
    2. On the pop-up window, select Virus and threat protection.
    3. Click Threat history option.
    4. Under Quarantined threats, select the file, and click Restore button.
    Note: You can also click the Remove button to get rid of the unwanted app and other infected files.

After performing the steps above, it will restores the app to its original location.

We'll be waiting for you to post back.

Justine Pel, Jul 1, 2020
Thema:

Can't get rid of Potential Unwanted Apps

1. Can't get rid of Potential Unwanted Apps - Similar Threads - Can't rid Potential

2. potentially unwanted app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    potentially unwanted app: so my computer has been running fine and no issues, and later today i tried to log in and it let me but whenever i restart it just shows a gray screen and i can't do anything....it takes forever to go away, it says this is the issue but i dont know how to fix it. and it said...
  3. potentially unwanted app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    potentially unwanted app: so my computer has been running fine and no issues, and later today i tried to log in and it let me but whenever i restart it just shows a gray screen and i can't do anything....it takes forever to go away, it says this is the issue but i dont know how to fix it. and it said...
  4. potential unwanted apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    potential unwanted apps: i did a scan on my hp computer, found a potential unwanted app. now in the taskbar over the windows security shield their is a yellow triangle and i click on shield and it says windows security action recommend}. i click on shield and it takes me to protection history and...
  5. potential unwanted apps

potential unwanted apps: i did a scan on my hp computer, found a potential unwanted app. now in the taskbar over the windows security shield their is a yellow triangle and i click on shield and it says windows security action recommend}. i click on shield and it takes me to protection history and...
  6. Potentially Unwanted Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Potentially Unwanted Apps: On my Windows Security, I have been getting alerts about potentially unwanted apps. When I go to it, it shows two; Program:Win32/Uwamson.A!ml and PUA:Win32/Puamson.A!ml. I don't know what these are, and it does not give me an option to remove them. I looked on YouTube, but...
  7. Potentially Unwanted Apps

Potentially Unwanted Apps: On my Windows Security, I have been getting alerts about potentially unwanted apps. When I go to it, it shows two; Program:Win32/Uwamson.A!ml and PUA:Win32/Puamson.A!ml. I don't know what these are, and it does not give me an option to remove them. I looked on YouTube, but...
  8. Can't get rid of potentially unwanted app - NoxPlayer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't get rid of potentially unwanted app - NoxPlayer: Hello, I hope someone could help me. As you can see from this image below, I'm trying to select an action towards this potentially unwanted app, NoxPlayer. However, whatever action I choose, it doesn't go away. Actually, I have uninstalled the app long time ago July 2020,...
  9. Potentially unwanted App

Potentially unwanted App: PUA:Win32/LittleRegClean Whenever I click remove nothing is happening. How do I get rid of this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/potentially-unwanted-app/ab605f5a-4794-49ff-88af-6c5ac10cd3ea
  10. Potentially unwanted app

Potentially unwanted app: Recent scans are showing PUA:Win32/MyWebSearch loaded on to my PC on 15 June in file: \Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy4\Users\User\Desktop\C\Users\Andy\AppData\LocalLow\HeadlineAlley_29\bar\Cache\1CBDAD6E.cab. I've run the Remove action in protection history several times,...