Windows 10: Can't get rid of S mode on HP notebook

Discus and support Can't get rid of S mode on HP notebook in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I am not sure I am explaining this correctly however I recently bought an HP notebook and am trying to turn of the S mode so I can use other programs.... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by AmandaThomas6, Jan 4, 2020.

1. Can't get rid of S mode on HP notebook

I am not sure I am explaining this correctly however I recently bought an HP notebook and am trying to turn of the S mode so I can use other programs. It initially removed the S mode so I can add Mcaffee however every time I try to open a document, or add something from outside the Microsoft store it says I need to disable S mode. I followed the instructions and every time it say there is a problem on this end. Is it a Microsoft issue or a PC issue?

:)

AmandaThomas6, Jan 4, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

battery not charging on my hp notebook

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I see that your laptop’s battery is not charging. We would like to know, if you get a message stating plugged in not charging when hovering the mouse over the battery icon.

If you see the message plugged in not charging, I suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned below and see if that helps:

1. Press Windows Logo key + X, and select
      Device Manager.
    2. Expand Battery.
    3. Right click on Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery, and select
      Uninstall.
    4. Click OK to confirm.
    5. Restart the computer.

You may also want to look at the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the HP articles

HP Notebook PCs - Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows)
    and

HP Notebook PCs - Battery Does Not Power Notebook or Hold a Charge

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jan 4, 2020
  3. Can't update the HP Pavilion Notebook.

I'm trying to update my system and am getting a message to delete HP Pavilion Notebook - BIOS manually as it is incompatible with the upgrade.

I can't find it to delete it. It's not in the Programs list with the other HP apps.

Any suggestions?

Modified title from: RK

RobertKaroń, Jan 4, 2020
  4. Dewdrop_ Win User

Can't get rid of S mode on HP notebook

Cortana Notebook

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled Cortana.

To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps.

Dewdrop_, Jan 4, 2020
Thema:

Can't get rid of S mode on HP notebook

1. Can't get rid of S mode on HP notebook - Similar Threads - Can't rid mode

2. can't get out of s mode.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't get out of s mode.: Can not exit s mode for windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-get-out-of-s-mode/4b1a9a0f-8d55-4105-9ece-224b64b043c2
  3. Can't get out of S mode

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't get out of S mode: I can't seem to get out of windows s mode. I have done it in the start and it was working fine but then I had to restart my laptop for windows updates and it told to do it again and now I'm stuck at 'Working on it' when I click on 'get it' on Microsoft Store...
  4. Getting rid S Mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Getting rid S Mode: How to get rid of The S Mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/getting-rid-s-mode/67c35e33-f30a-44c7-be1a-19f897e565c5
  5. Trying to get rid of Windows 10 S mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to get rid of Windows 10 S mode: I am trying to get rid of S mode it sucks. When I go through the steps and click the get in the store I get a pop up saying there is an issue on our end...
  6. Can't get out of s mode.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't get out of s mode.: Two days ago I bought an HP laptop that came in s mode. Yesterday I was able to get out the s mode via Microsoft Store and everything was running out smoothly. Three hours ago I turned on the laptop and HP made a BIOS update. After that the PC came back to the s mode and when...
  7. Need to get rid of S mode!!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need to get rid of S mode!!!: Alright.. so.. I am about to LOSE it. I have been at this for about 2-3 hours, and on hold with Microsoft for the last 40 minutes. I am trying to get rid of S mode, on a BRAND NEW COMPUTER.. NOT WORKING. I downloaded a program I need to run my CNC machine, and it will not...
  8. Can't Get Out of S Mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't Get Out of S Mode: Got a new laptop for Christmas, and just started it up yesterday. I went to install Chrome obviously and the window popped up for me to switch out of S mode. I did so without issue and shut the laptop when I was done for the night. Today I opened it back up and S*** Mode...
  9. Can't Get Out of S mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't Get Out of S mode: Have a buddy whose charging port became unusable, so he bought a new laptop and gave it to me along with the old unit. He wanted me to get stuff off his old HDD, pictures, docs, music, etc. But he also wanted to get his favorites off Chrome and put them on the new laptop....
  10. Can't Get Out of S mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't Get Out of S mode: Have a buddy whose charging port became unusable, so he bought a new laptop and gave it to me along with the old unit. He wanted me to get stuff off his old HDD, pictures, docs, music, etc. But he also wanted to get his favorites off Chrome and put them on the new laptop....