Windows 10: Can't get rid of taskbar divider

Discus and support Can't get rid of taskbar divider in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Recently these random lines have appeared next to my windows icon on the taskbar. They aren't causing any problem but it's annoying and I would like to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by curpet, May 24, 2019.

1. curpet Win User

Can't get rid of taskbar divider

Recently these random lines have appeared next to my windows icon on the taskbar. They aren't causing any problem but it's annoying and I would like to get rid of it. Also this is only happening on my main display and not on my second monitor.

Can't get rid of taskbar divider 5e50f17d-5572-4e59-971b-0d526a3548fa?upload=true.png

:)

curpet, May 24, 2019
  2. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, May 24, 2019
  3. how to effectively hide or disable the taskbar?

Hi,

Did you try the “Auto-hide the taskbar” option from Taskbar properties?

If you have not tried it, I would suggest you to follow these steps and auto-hide the taskbar:

• Right click on Taskbar.
    • Click on Properties
    • Check the box Auto-hide the taskbar.
    • Click on OK.

Hope this information helps.

Rohit Siddegowda, May 24, 2019
  4. Can't get rid of taskbar divider

Taskbar Issue with Multiple Monitors

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

Please share the information below:

• Are you using a Local Account or a Microsoft Account?
    • What is the make and model of your PC?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the Taskbar and select Properties.
    • Check if the option for Lock the Taskbar and Auto-hide the taskbar
      are ticked.
    • If they are ticked then uncheck the option for Auto-hide the taskbar.

Also, suggest you to update the Display driver by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 24, 2019
Thema:

Can't get rid of taskbar divider

1. Can't get rid of taskbar divider - Similar Threads - Can't rid taskbar

2. Why can't I get rid of itunes in my taskbar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I get rid of itunes in my taskbar?: When I right click on it it says "pin to taskbar" instead of "unpin from taskbar" and I cannot get rid of it. It's driving me crazy because it keeps randomly opening....
  3. Why can't I get rid of itunes in my taskbar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can't I get rid of itunes in my taskbar?: When I right click on it it says "pin to taskbar" instead of "unpin from taskbar" and I cannot get rid of it. It's driving me crazy because it keeps randomly opening....
  4. Can't get rid of XBox

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't get rid of XBox: I'm not a gamer and need to get rid of any and all instances of X Box the fact that it's installed by default in Windows 11 p****es me off. I've tried uninstalling it through Apps>XBox>Uninstall, but every time I boot up my computer, it's there again. I've tried removing it...
  5. Can't get rid of XBox

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't get rid of XBox: I'm not a gamer and need to get rid of any and all instances of X Box the fact that it's installed by default in Windows 11 p****es me off. I've tried uninstalling it through Apps>XBox>Uninstall, but every time I boot up my computer, it's there again. I've tried removing it...
  6. Can't Get Rid of Libraries

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't Get Rid of Libraries: I have unchecked Show Libraries in Windows Explorer under Folder Options -> View, however, they still show in the Navigation Pane. Is there another way to completely disable Libraries in Windows 10? Running latest 1909 version. submitted by /u/HarryMuscle [link]...
  7. Can't get rid of Reimage

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't get rid of Reimage: Split from this thread. New variants reported with .mool and.nppp extension extensions. . cat get rid of reimage https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/cant-get-rid-of-reimage/2b62ed5d-0cb7-4606-aa76-cd22586ca945
  8. Can't Get Rid of Program

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't Get Rid of Program: Please read the entire post as it explains whats wrong: A little while ago I got rainbow six and logging on was easy but after a while something happend where it wouldn't let me connect to the network and I went through a bunch of hurdles with tech support, but in the end...
  9. Can't get rid of AvastUI

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can't get rid of AvastUI: Hello I did some testing of spyware programs some time ago, and some of the programs had issues when trying to uninstall them. One of them was avast, and after uninstalling it, theres a program called AvastUI.exe that loads with my computer and I can't figure out how to...
  10. How to get rid of "ENG" in the taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    How to get rid of "ENG" in the taskbar: I have languages "English (United Kingdom)" and "English (United states)". I suspect this was so that spelling checkers would accept both "colour" and "color", for instance. But this setup inflicts me with "ENG" in the task bar. It was easy to get rid of this in Windows 7,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 how to remove divider on taskbar

2. divider line in taskbar win 10

3. remove divider taskbar