Windows 10: Can't get rid of temporary files

Discus and support Can't get rid of temporary files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have 13.0 GB left in temporary files after doing a cleanup. This all happened after having usual problems following an update.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SuzanneBurton2, May 15, 2019.

1. Can't get rid of temporary files

I have 13.0 GB left in temporary files after doing a cleanup. This all happened after having usual problems following an update.

:)

SuzanneBurton2, May 15, 2019
  2. Ferdz Amp Win User

Unable to delete temporary files

Hi Sumit,

Looks like you are running out of storage space, let's walk you through the steps of running
    Disc cleanup for your Windows 10 device.

To delete temporary files, kindly follow these steps:

• Press the Windows key to launch the Start menu.
    • Type in Disc cleanup and press Enter.
    • Under Files to delete, select the file types to get rid of. To get a description of the file type, select it.
    • Select OK.

If you need to free up more space, you can also delete system files:

• Press the Windows key to launch the Start menu.
    • Type in Disc cleanup and press Enter.
    • In Disk cleanup, select Clean up system files.
    • Select the file types to get rid of. To get a description of the file type, select it.
    • Select OK.

If the suggestions above didn't work, feel free to post back so we can further troubleshoot.

Ferdz Amp, May 15, 2019
  3. How to get rid of temporary files

"To delete temporary files:

1. Search for Disk cleanup from the taskbar and select it from the list of results.

2. Under Files to delete, select the file types to get rid of. To get a description of the file type, select it.

3. Select OK. "

That's what I am doing, but nothing is happening. Actually, since I posted a few hours ago I am now up from 1,6 GB to 4,1 GB of temporary files. Windows just don't want to delete them. And that is my problem.

Marius MøllersenIII, May 15, 2019
  4. Can't get rid of temporary files

How To Delete Temporary Internet Files And Temporary Files In Windows 10

Hi,

As you are saying that you are not able to delete the temporary internet files and temporary Files in Windows 10.

Provide us with the below details for better clarity on the issue.

1.Have you installed any third party applications to clean up temporary Files?

2.In the Disk Cleanup had you checked the Temporary Internet files and Temporary files before doing disk cleanup?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and try deleting the temporary internet files.

• Open Internet Explorer by typing Internet Explorer in Search Bar. Click the
      Tools
      button, and then click Internet Options.
    • Click the General tab, and then, under Browsing history, click
      Delete.
    • In the Delete Browsing History dialog box, select the check boxes for the information you want to delete, click
      Delete, and then click OK.
    I also suggest you refer the Microsoft article on View and delete browser history in Microsoft Edge
    and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/view-delete-browsing-history-microsoft-edge

Let us know if the issue with the deletion of temporary files is resolved we will be glad to assist you further.

Anup Karkal, May 15, 2019
Thema:

Can't get rid of temporary files

1. Can't get rid of temporary files - Similar Threads - Can't rid temporary

2. How to get rid of temporary files to the tune of 90 GB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get rid of temporary files to the tune of 90 GB: I have tried all measures listed on the internet but the temporary files still occupy nearly 87.6 GB of storage space. I have so far1. Tried using Disk cleanup to purge the 87.6 GB large temporary files2. Tried using Storage sense to clear it outHowever the 87.6 GB file never...
  3. How to get rid of temporary files to the tune of 90 GB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get rid of temporary files to the tune of 90 GB: I have tried all measures listed on the internet but the temporary files still occupy nearly 87.6 GB of storage space. I have so far1. Tried using Disk cleanup to purge the 87.6 GB large temporary files2. Tried using Storage sense to clear it outHowever the 87.6 GB file never...
  4. Can't get rid of XBox

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't get rid of XBox: I'm not a gamer and need to get rid of any and all instances of X Box the fact that it's installed by default in Windows 11 p****es me off. I've tried uninstalling it through Apps>XBox>Uninstall, but every time I boot up my computer, it's there again. I've tried removing it...
  5. Can't get rid of XBox

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't get rid of XBox: I'm not a gamer and need to get rid of any and all instances of X Box the fact that it's installed by default in Windows 11 p****es me off. I've tried uninstalling it through Apps>XBox>Uninstall, but every time I boot up my computer, it's there again. I've tried removing it...
  6. Can't Get Rid of Libraries

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't Get Rid of Libraries: I have unchecked Show Libraries in Windows Explorer under Folder Options -> View, however, they still show in the Navigation Pane. Is there another way to completely disable Libraries in Windows 10? Running latest 1909 version. submitted by /u/HarryMuscle [link]...
  7. Temporary files can't be deleted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Temporary files can't be deleted: I have a windows 10 device. For a long time I have needed to complete an update. After recently buying a 32gb memory stick but it only has 30 gb's on it I have tried to update. The windows 10 update assistant says I need to clear 8gb off my computer. I see my temporary files...
  8. Can't Get Rid of Program

Can't Get Rid of Program: Please read the entire post as it explains whats wrong: A little while ago I got rainbow six and logging on was easy but after a while something happend where it wouldn't let me connect to the network and I went through a bunch of hurdles with tech support, but in the end...
  9. Can't locate Temporary files

Can't locate Temporary files: Hi, I am using Windows 10, I usually delete files from temporary file folder by typing *Temp* whenever the computer speed slows down, now when I type *Temp* to access the folder it doesn't show. Kindly help me on this matter. Regards, John Rodrigues...
  10. Can't get rid of AvastUI

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can't get rid of AvastUI: Hello I did some testing of spyware programs some time ago, and some of the programs had issues when trying to uninstall them. One of them was avast, and after uninstalling it, theres a program called AvastUI.exe that loads with my computer and I can't figure out how to...