Windows 10: Can't get rid of the box that is the date/time instead of the colon

Discus and support Can't get rid of the box that is the date/time instead of the colon in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Several Windows 10 updates ago, MS changed something and the font was basically unreadable. I used the procedure in this website to change the font to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jeddak1941, Jun 10, 2021.

1. Can't get rid of the box that is the date/time instead of the colon

Several Windows 10 updates ago, MS changed something and the font was basically unreadable. I used the procedure in this website to change the font to Arial so it was readable.https://www.windowscentral.com/how-change-default-system-font-windows-10#restore_change_default_font_windows10Unfortunately, in doing so, the colon in my date/time changed to a box. I've tried to reset back to whatever the default font is so my date/time will work again since it's causing other programs to not work.However, when I run the "restore default font" procedure above, the Merge gives me an error that says: "C

:)

Jeddak1941, Jun 10, 2021

2. Time colonCan't get rid of the box that is the date/time instead of  the colon :)) problem

In time of task bar a small box is showing instead of colonCan't get rid of the box that is the date/time instead of  the colon :))...plz reply any solution
    Can't get rid of the box that is the date/time instead of  the colon 1db1263f-e6cd-41c6-b6e4-ae56e3f1d739?upload=true.jpg
    same
    box as in this picture

Rahul Kumar Singh°, Jun 10, 2021
  3. JayHubb1 Win User
    How do I change a box to a colon in the time on the taskbar?

There is a check box or a box on the task bar in between the hour and the minutes. It should be a colon not a box. I have tried a lot of things to remove it but have been unsuccessful. I don't know how it got there. How do I change a box back to a colon
    on the time view in the task bar?

Looked at youtubes and unchecked boxes in view in explorer.

Thank you problem solvers, Jan

JayHubb1, Jun 10, 2021
  4. Can't get rid of the box that is the date/time instead of the colon

Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, Jun 10, 2021
Thema:

Can't get rid of the box that is the date/time instead of the colon

1. Can't get rid of the box that is the date/time instead of the colon - Similar Threads - Can't rid box

2. Invisible box randomly appeared and I can't get rid of it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Invisible box randomly appeared and I can't get rid of it.: I was working on FL Studio 20 earlier and while I was working, an invisible box appeared from the task bar with only a shadow marking where it is. I tried everything I could, even task manager, but it won't go away. Its hitbox blocks everything behind it, making it...
  3. Invisible box randomly appeared and I can't get rid of it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Invisible box randomly appeared and I can't get rid of it.: I was working on FL Studio 20 earlier and while I was working, an invisible box appeared from the task bar with only a shadow marking where it is. I tried everything I could, even task manager, but it won't go away. Its hitbox blocks everything behind it, making it...
  4. Getting rid of ugly date/time on login/lock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting rid of ugly date/time on login/lock screen: Some time in Windows 10 the date/time started appearing on the lock screen, and I queried this. Now in Windows 11, despite unchecking the tips and stuff on lock screen option, the ugly date/time appears. I really, really, really HATE this. MS chat support just pointed e to...
  5. Getting rid of ugly date/time on login/lock screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting rid of ugly date/time on login/lock screen: Some time in Windows 10 the date/time started appearing on the lock screen, and I queried this. Now in Windows 11, despite unchecking the tips and stuff on lock screen option, the ugly date/time appears. I really, really, really HATE this. MS chat support just pointed e to...
  6. Can't get past date and time screen.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't get past date and time screen.: My lock screen keeps reverting back to the date and time screen, immediately after I click or hit a key to try and enter my login, it goes back to showing the date and time. Press Crtl+Alt+Delete doesn't do anything. I've gone into system recovery mode but for some reason it...
  7. Can't get past time and date screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't get past time and date screen: After my PC was powered down for 6 days, it only boots up to the Windows 10 time and date screen. Login screen does not appear. I can access BIOS and the Automatic Repair Mode. I ran diagnostics and restart in Automatic Repair Mode but nothing changed. I've been trying to...
  8. How do I change a box to a colon in the time on the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I change a box to a colon in the time on the taskbar?: There is a check box or a box on the task bar in between the hour and the minutes. It should be a colon not a box. I have tried a lot of things to remove it but have been unsuccessful. I don't know how it got there. How do I change a box back to a colon on the time view...
  9. get rid of these date tabs

in Windows 10 Support
    get rid of these date tabs: By the way, any idea how can i get rid of these "date" tabs? Marked in red boxes. [ATTACH] 137962
  10. Time colon(:) problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Time colon(:) problem: In time of task bar a small box is showing instead of colon(:)...plz reply any solution[ATTACH]same box as in this picture https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_taskbar/time-colon-problem/f777c3ea-b2cd-4c40-8e4b-95d8a928d593